Close

2003 Civic VI (Australian) EP3 Hatch Stereo Install

Hi guys!
    First post on this forum. Have tried searching everywhere but just cannot seem to find anything.
    I've got a single-din stereo, 5 1/4 splits and 4 channel amplifier to install into the car.
    Cant figure out where to even begin with the install. I've installed audio into 4 of my previous cars and the dash in this one makes me wonder where to start.

I need to run the Power cable, RCA and front speaker cables. These are the ones giving me grief.
    Also, many of the threads are for manual hatches. Mine is an Auto. Is the Stereo change much the same?

Also, where is the best place for earthing the amp in the trunk.

My dash looks like this
    http://cdn.sella.co.nz/images/thumb/...yb-390x292.jpg

Thanks for the help in advanced.
    Cheers
    Chris

Welcome, here is a start

Welcome, try using the search it works really good.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ight=dyi+radio

I put the amp under the front drivers seat.

Power cable you have to run into driver side grommet (for fog lights) behind kick panel. This will put the wire into the fender. Then you remove clips for the front drivers side wheel well to move wire into engine area.

Holy shit! Auto!

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    Holy shit! Auto!
    Holy shit different market!

Welcome to the forum! Our dash center console has the vertical hvac controls, but install should be similiar...use the advanced search feature, that should help pinpoint specific info in the audio section...only part that I would imagine being difficult would be getting the lower part of the console out since you have an auto...with our manual one (we only got the manual shift in america) we just push in on the boot and wrap our fingers behind the console and pull and it will pop out.

If you can't figure out how to get that lower section out on your own, you may need to find a UK ep forum, since that market had auto and other varients of the ep that the US market didn't get
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Yes it is an Auto. A 4 Door Auto Hatch. They don't sell the 2 door hot hatches here unless you bring in the Type-R.

Thanks for the help...while waiting for a reply i managed to run the power cable via the rubber grommet on the passenger side(Left hand side here) of the car into the cabin and continued running it under the door trims on the LHS of the car.

I've put the earth under a bolt where the rear baby seat restraint is meant to be attached to. Its in the middle of the steel beam directly behind the base of the rear seat. I used some sand paper to clear the paint off the top before as well. Is there a better place to earth the amp?

Next step for me when my headunit arrives is swapping out the headunit.

I could try to tap the front speaker wires at the back of the headunit or at the door...depending on which is easiest. Would anyone have tips on how to tap the cable at the door? If not from the rear of the headunit i'll tap the speakers and prob rest the cross overs at the base of the center console between the foot wells.

Guess just gotta go slow and easy. Pls keep the hints of keeping an install clean coming.

I'll put pics up for you guys once its done....if i can figure out how to attach pics to the post.

Cheers!
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    Holy shit different market!
    It's just weird to see... I ain't that ignant

Quote Originally Posted by NutritionatR View Post
    Yes it is an Auto. A 4 Door Auto Hatch. They don't sell the 2 door hot hatches here unless you bring in the Type-R.

Thanks for the help...while waiting for a reply i managed to run the power cable via the rubber grommet on the passenger side(Left hand side here) of the car into the cabin and continued running it under the door trims on the LHS of the car.

I've put the earth under a bolt where the rear baby seat restraint is meant to be attached to. Its in the middle of the steel beam directly behind the base of the rear seat. I used some sand paper to clear the paint off the top before as well. Is there a better place to earth the amp?

Next step for me when my headunit arrives is swapping out the headunit.

I could try to tap the front speaker wires at the back of the headunit or at the door...depending on which is easiest. Would anyone have tips on how to tap the cable at the door? If not from the rear of the headunit i'll tap the speakers and prob rest the cross overs at the base of the center console between the foot wells.

Guess just gotta go slow and easy. Pls keep the hints of keeping an install clean coming.

I'll put pics up for you guys once its done....if i can figure out how to attach pics to the post.

Cheers!
    Chris
    you should be able to run the cables to the door through the oem wire rubber grommet sleeve thingies...make sure you make a sub harness between the head unit and the stock harness...try not to hack up the oem harness, that always becomes a headache down the road

i think the ground is pretty good, it should work fine, big seatbelt bolts are always pretty good for grounds...on my old car i used a rear seatbelt bolt for my amp...you cleaned the paint off so thats pretty good...

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    It's just weird to see... I ain't that ignant
    haha im just harassing you
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Sounds like a good time!

you can lube the wire with dishwashing detergent or the water based lube used to get wire through tight conduit, it's basically industrial KY jelly.
    Made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

Thread Information