Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

With a dummy plate i made out of an em2 deck

Those sliver things on the back of the dash kit are magnets i super glued. They are used to hold the dummy plate in place.
    Last edited by Mighty_Mouse_Ep; 01-22-2011 at 08:00 PM.

I'm not seeing the pics, if they're up, but from the description it sounds awesome!
    I was thinking about some sort of dummy plate as well, so get those pics in!

Fixed sorry i copied the wrong link from image shack What you have to do is pretty much cut the top and bottom of the kit and parts of the corners. Also the edges of the kit are rounded you want to square them off in order to get to clear when opening and closing

AH, nice! Not bad man!

So you basically mounted the unit so the entire thing was just a little inside of the overall surface of the dash, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    Sounds good man!
    I've already ordered the Scosche kit found here. Hoping that fits up without a crapton of modification, but we'll see. At any rate, still be good to have those pics in here for future reference!
    Are you sure that will fit? It may look like it will fit, but the 2001 Civic (4 door) kit is not the same as the Si. It is wider and not as tall. Better make sure.

Well, that's the one that Scosche listed when I searched their site, so if it doesn't...time to do some trimming!
    Basically, the Metra I got was obviously going to need a lot of work in order to fit at all, so figured I'd try the Scosche, since folks seem to think the Scosche products fit better.
    If I can get a good fit without cutting the shit out of something, I'll take it. I only want to start doing fab work if it's the only option. :D

AH, nice! Not bad man!

So you basically mounted the unit so the entire thing was just a little inside of the overall surface of the dash, right?
    Yeah the hardest part was gettin the bottom right hand corner to sit flush. Other ep's that i have seen with double dins the bottom right corner sticks way out of the dash. Mine sits flush and doesnt stick out.

Quote Originally Posted by he_li48 View Post
    Are you sure that will fit? It may look like it will fit, but the 2001 Civic (4 door) kit is not the same as the Si. It is wider and not as tall. Better make sure.
    FUUUUUU Scosche kit got here today.
    First thing I see? "excluding Si"
    Nowhere on their website does it say that.
    Nowhere on the Amazon site does it say that.
    You'd think when I entered "2003 Honda Civic Si" in their search database on the Scosche site, it would have left out the products that don't fucking fit.

EDIT:
    Only question now is, try to make this fit, or return to Amazon and try the locally-available Metra kit again?
    crappity crap crap LOL

Sorry to hear that dude. What I did was use the Scoshe double din trim only. I glued it to the dash, minor trimming and redrill holes in bracket. (the trim does not fit perfectly on the outside around dash, but it is not noticable. It recesses the radio a lot and will allow you to add a fake radio to cover when ur out.

FUUUUUU Scosche kit got here today.
    First thing I see? "excluding Si"
    Nowhere on their website does it say that.
    Nowhere on the Amazon site does it say that.
    You'd think when I entered "2003 Honda Civic Si" in their search database on the Scosche site, it would have left out the products that don't fucking fit.

EDIT:
    Only question now is, try to make this fit, or return to Amazon and try the locally-available Metra kit again?
    crappity crap crap LOL
    Damn that sucks to hear i am sure you can return it from where ever you got it from. Hope those pics i posted up help. Just trim the bottom and the top of the kit and the corners.

Yeah, that's the plan.

Ugh, today just keeps failing lol...never soldered, though I've helped my pops out plenty back when.
    Picked up a Weller 25W unit and some rosin-cored silver-bearing solder...and I'm pretty sure ruined the iron LOL.

Hate the fail days lol, should have just left the friggin crimp caps on and been done with it.

UPDATE:
    lrnd 2 solder...Crutchfield to the rescue, even though I didn't buy anything from them. Found a quick "How-To" on their site, realized I'd been doing it wrong LOL.
    Learning how hard it is to solder tiny-ass speaker wires. :D
    Last edited by BeaterEP; 01-25-2011 at 04:47 PM.

are you soldering correctly? you should never ever ever touch the solder wire to the actual iron. the soldering iron should heat up the wires you're trying to solder together enough so that when the solder wire comes in contact with the wires you're soldering together, it melts and runs through all the nooks and crannies and holds em together.

sorry for thread jacking but did not feel the need to make a new thread for my following question....

i made the same mistake by buying the scosche dash kit... can i make it fit? i have the ph4300dvd... any help greatly appreciated

holy crap I thought i got a lemon for a dash kit from metra... the bottom right hand corner sits out while the top left hand corner sits in and it looks god awefull@!!@!!@!

I see you had to trim quite a bit! I guess I know what I am doing this weekend!

What did you use to trim ?

Quote Originally Posted by ef9jeff View Post
    holy crap I thought i got a lemon for a dash kit from metra... the bottom right hand corner sits out while the top left hand corner sits in and it looks god awefull@!!@!!@!

I see you had to trim quite a bit! I guess I know what I am doing this weekend!

What did you use to trim ?
    I used a dremel and some flush cut trimmer thing I had.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information