Close

ephatch member

EP with after market LSD.... What tranny oil did u use?

So mfactory gear type LSD doesn't need any special break in, but they do recommend flush oil after a tank of gas... Right it had the Honda oem oil... Just wonder what do u guys trust your new LSD with which oil...?

Quote Originally Posted by udontknowjack View Post
    So mfactory gear type LSD doesn't need any special break in, but they do recommend flush oil after a tank of gas... Right it had the Honda oem oil... Just wonder what do u guys trust your new LSD with which oil...?
    the same thing any of us would recommend for the transmission, synchromesh, honda mtf, eunos mtf. stuff like that.

It actually depends on the LSD. I know there are 'super low friction' fluids out there but my Wavetrac lsd specifically says to use OEM honda MTF and not the low friction stuff. Check with the papers that came with it.

My quaife was an oem replacement, meaning it didnt require anything special. But TXEP3 is right, check your paper work or call the company and make sure it doesnt take a special additive.

ephatch member
    Thanks... Think I'll use Honda mtf... That's what the shop put in n it's seem very smooth...

Thread Information