Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but there's also the "OEM" option;
    05+ RSX-s OEM midpipe is 2.25". You need to run the RSX header, cat, and midpipe, but they hook right up to the EP3 axle-back.
    Usually had for cheap, since the RSX guys are just dumping them. I got the whole setup, mani/cat/mid for about $150-$175.
    Flows well, not crazy loud (though you do get a slightly more aggressive tone, depending on what intake and muffler you run), and pretty damned economical. :D
    Plus, "sleeper" status LOL.

Here are some pics so you can get an idea of how it would look mounted.

BeaterEP

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but there's also the "OEM" option;
    05+ RSX-s OEM midpipe is 2.25". You need to run the RSX header, cat, and midpipe, but they hook right up to the EP3 axle-back.
    Usually had for cheap, since the RSX guys are just dumping them. I got the whole setup, mani/cat/mid for about $150-$175.
    Flows well, not crazy loud (though you do get a slightly more aggressive tone, depending on what intake and muffler you run), and pretty damned economical. :D
    Plus, "sleeper" status LOL.
    If he, well really if I did this and bought a DC shorty header, would I have to buy the RSX-S one? And that would all fit with the stock axle back? Call me weird I really like the stock muffler and was just looking for a way to change the mid-pipe.

Basically, here's how it breaks down;
    To run the DC5 mid-pipe, you need the header and cat/downpipe to be DC5 spec as well.
    If you want to run any of the DC5 spec parts like the header/cat/midpipe, you'll need the other two parts to be DC5 spec as well.
    All the lengths of the individual parts are different between the EP and DC, but the overall length of the assembled header/cat/midpipe is the same.

So, with that in mind, if you do swap out the midpipe, you'll also want to swap out the header and cat. By doing that, you keep the overall length from start of header-end of midpipe the same is it was with the EP3 equipment, and it literally bolts right up at each end, to the block at the front and to the EP3 axle-back muffler at the back.

LMK if you got any more questions.

Considering I just got my Tax Return I might need to start looking around!

if u remove your cat or a reasonator your car is gonna sound like a pissed off bumble bee!

Yeah but Im removing my cat/resonator and (hopefully) replacing it with a type-s cat/resonator... just wanted the slightly bigger piping to go with a shorty header and an intake. I want to keep it Cali legal'ish so I don't have to deal with any bs. plus I wanna make sure I don't jump up any further in the auto-x classes Not that i'm too competitive as it is

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information