Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    I'm not sure if I want to do the re-flash. I don't plan on keeping the a3 for that long, but when I do I want it to be as reliable as possible. I've got a lead foot and raising the redline would only make my foot heavier. If I do get the reflash it wouldn't be a huge purchase so I can wait for it. Maybe then I can dyno the reflash too.

You're positive the 8th gen intakes won't have any clearance issues?

Also, I've got ESMM's and Energy's Master bushing set waiting to be installed, so I'm due for an install day come spring time. I'll shout to the 2 other ep3's in rochester I know of to see if everyone would want to get together to help eachother or just cruise somewhere
    A couple of summers ago we all got together. It'd be good to get together soon again. I am LONG LONG overdue to pick up some rims from Matt aka Ballz716 (hopefully he isn't mad, but I've been broke this winter).

That intake was installed on a RSX not too long ago from what I remember and the pics I saw. So that being said, it should have no problem being installed on an Ep3.

The ESMM will be fine. You honestly don't need HUGE rated mm's unless you plan on drag racing alot. The DD guys are always putting them in and then wondering why their car's are shaking so violently at idle. Get those, and a Ingall's torque dampner and call it a day.

If i don't end up liking the sound, I'm planning on having an obx twinloop welded on, all the ebay exhaust clips i found sounded quieter than skunk 2/dc exhausts
    The twinloop will be just fine. Check out the stickied Exhaust clips in this section.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    A couple of summers ago we all got together. It'd be good to get together soon again. I am LONG LONG overdue to pick up some rims from Matt aka Ballz716 (hopefully he isn't mad, but I've been broke this winter).

That intake was installed on a RSX not too long ago from what I remember and the pics I saw. So that being said, it should have no problem being installed on an Ep3.

The ESMM will be fine. You honestly don't need HUGE rated mm's unless you plan on drag racing alot. The DD guys are always putting them in and then wondering why their car's are shaking so violently at idle. Get those, and a Ingall's torque dampner and call it a day.
    exactly what i have and im boosted at 303 have no wheel hop ever

I just recently installed that same exhaust and it sounds decent deep loud sound and went in well... Cant complain for 110 bucks, its pointed to the right... Except that mine is touching my bumper so imma try to fix it... Another bad thing is since im lowered im practically dragging along my midpipe

the reflash price goes towards kpro, which you will need for the k24a2. i'd feel better shelling out for the reflash for now, and paying the rest on kpro. instead of just dumping 900$ on it like i did. either way, the ecu was by far the best thing i've ever bought.

That's what I had planned on doing to control the wheel hop. Who in their right mind likes racing in a straight line all day?

I'll keep looking for info on the 3" intake fitment. I want to guarantee it before I make the investment.(as little as it may be)

Quote Originally Posted by Onasty View Post
    exactly what i have and im boosted at 303 have no wheel hop ever
    Sweeet, love to hear it from a second source. On a semi related issue, do strut bar's really do much work? Or is the support that goes on the firewall from the dc5 better for stiffening up the front end chassis?

Quote Originally Posted by gamma6 View Post
    I just recently installed that same exhaust and it sounds decent deep loud sound and went in well... Cant complain for 110 bucks, its pointed to the right... Except that mine is touching my bumper so imma try to fix it... Another bad thing is since im lowered im practically dragging along my midpipe
    I'm riding 4x4 currently so no worries about midpipe drag. If the exhaust hangs funny I'm sure with a hose clamp or some welding work I can get it to sit fine. I'm scared of going that low after test driving a dropped ep. It "bounced all over the road like a fucking pogo stick".

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    the reflash price goes towards kpro, which you will need for the k24a2. i'd feel better shelling out for the reflash for now, and paying the rest on kpro. instead of just dumping 900$ on it like i did. either way, the ecu was by far the best thing i've ever bought.
    Definitely keeping that in mind. It seems worth it (and I want the quickness too), but I'm not sure I could have my car out of commission for a few days, not atleast till school in the fall. I plan on having this egg forever, so the build progress will be slow.

That's what I had planned on doing to control the wheel hop. Who in their right mind likes racing in a straight line all day?
    STM.......aka Emery.......aka "The Ricer". Oh, and most of Rochester's automotive enthusiasts as well. I think it's because we have NYIRP nearby.....

I'll keep looking for info on the 3" intake fitment. I want to guarantee it before I make the investment.(as little as it may be)
    Found a newer thread with the exact same info as the one I remember, but this guy's doing it a little........different. Although the tape will hold up, I highly suggest a plug of some sort. If you resort to this guys.......MAF fix (aka the tape), just make sure to put heat wrap all around it to hide the tape. That way you'll save yourself the embarrassment if somebody sees it.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=754314

Sweeet, love to hear it from a second source. On a semi related issue, do strut bar's really do much work? Or is the support that goes on the firewall from the dc5 better for stiffening up the front end chassis?
    They'll work. In the amount of time I've been on this forum there have been a handful of guys who've just used the ESMM's and the torque dampner. You won't have any problems with a bolt on a3 and damaging the ESMM or the torque dampner.

The strut bars don't do much. They add a tiny bit of stiffness up front. Not really enough to worry about.

You can NOT use a DC5 bar that has the firewall bolt holes. It WILL NOT work. We don't that on our Ep3s. You also can not use the Mugen front bar as it will hit your master cylinder.

I'm riding 4x4 currently so no worries about midpipe drag. If the exhaust hangs funny I'm sure with a hose clamp or some welding work I can get it to sit fine. I'm scared of going that low after test driving a dropped ep. It "bounced all over the road like a fucking pogo stick".
    The Tsudo aka ebay exhaust will be fine. Just get longer axle back hangers if needed.

The Rokker or Raceland USA (same suspension) suspension isn't too bad actually if you are considering a cheap suspension. There's a load of guys on here running them. Just do a search.

STM.......aka Emery.......aka "The Ricer". Oh, and most of Rochester's automotive enthusiasts as well. I think it's because we have NYIRP nearby.....

Found a newer thread with the exact same info as the one I remember, but this guy's doing it a little........different. Although the tape will hold up, I highly suggest a plug of some sort. If you resort to this guys.......MAF fix (aka the tape), just make sure to put heat wrap all around it to hide the tape. That way you'll save yourself the embarrassment if somebody sees it.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=754314

They'll work. In the amount of time I've been on this forum there have been a handful of guys who've just used the ESMM's and the torque dampner. You won't have any problems with a bolt on a3 and damaging the ESMM or the torque dampner.

I've never been a fan of index racing. I'm thinking you're right about NYIRP too, unfortunately. I'd love to get in at watkins. Or even take my car around the Genesee Valley Kart track.

WTF is going on with the tape on that intake?

You can NOT use a DC5 bar that has the firewall bolt holes. It WILL NOT work. We don't that on our Ep3s. You also can not use the Mugen front bar as it will hit your master cylinder.

The Rokker or Raceland USA (same suspension) suspension isn't too bad actually if you are considering a cheap suspension. There's a load of guys on here running them. Just do a search.
    Not cheaping out on suspension or brakes! That's my livelihood at stake right there. I wanna do wilwood all around, 4 pot up front and the beefy 1 pot rears. Suspension is gonna probably be the Buddy Club RSD. If I decide cheaper to go than that, it'll be the a-spec suspension.

Why won't the bar fit on the firewall?
    I'm talking about the lower piece #4, not piece #3.

ebay coil over sleeves are only 45.99 shiped ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 03civichatch View Post
    ebay coil over sleeves are only 45.99 shiped ;)
    My life is worth alot more than 50 bucks ;)

Not to mention, handling performance means more to me than horsepower. I like buddy club coils since they can be fixed in the US. A-spec suspension is also on the list because it's meant for the car as an upgrade anyway. Should last 100k miles without any serious abuse

I've never been a fan of index racing. I'm thinking you're right about NYIRP too, unfortunately. I'd love to get in at watkins. Or even take my car around the Genesee Valley Kart track.

WTF is going on with the tape on that intake?

Not cheaping out on suspension or brakes! That's my livelihood at stake right there. I wanna do wilwood all around, 4 pot up front and the beefy 1 pot rears. Suspension is gonna probably be the Buddy Club RSD. If I decide cheaper to go than that, it'll be the a-spec suspension.

Why won't the bar fit on the firewall?
    I'm talking about the lower piece #4, not piece #3.
    I'm over by Keuka Lake, so I'm right around the corner from Watkins. There's a couple HPDE's coming up in May and Sept. hosted by Chin Motorsports. Cost for us noobs is a bit over $400.

I guess he didn't want to make a plug? I'm sure it'll work, but it looks like arse.

A non-coilover system is the way to go for a DD IMO. I'd go back to my Mugen SS if I didn't have my SC400 and GS500 as a DDs now. I agree on the Wilwoods, if I hadn't picked up my Stoptech for $450 out the door, I would have picked up the Wilwood sale that Corsport had/has going on.

The strut bar is #3. If you open your hood, you already have #4. It's under your header.

I'm over by Keuka Lake, so I'm right around the corner from Watkins. There's a couple HPDE's coming up in May and Sept. hosted by Chin Motorsports. Cost for us noobs is a bit over $400.

I guess he didn't want to make a plug? I'm sure it'll work, but it looks like arse.

A non-coilover system is the way to go for a DD IMO. I'd go back to my Mugen SS if I didn't have my SC400 and GS500 as a DDs now. I agree on the Wilwoods, if I hadn't picked up my Stoptech for $450 out the door, I would have picked up the Wilwood sale that Corsport had/has going on.

The strut bar is #3. If you open your hood, you already have #4. It's under your header.
    That's where my dilemma lies. I really want to turn this into a long-term project for me. It might not be a DD for very long after I upgrade the brakes and suspension. I'm thinking, egay boltons+reflash to get me loving my car again for DD, the master bushing kit should freshen up the suspension for my liking too. By the time I save up for brakes and suspension, I'll already have enough for another car. It would be irresponsible of me to dump that kind of money back into the car just yet. I'd rather buy a dd, then I can afford to tear this down myself and do my work and make this bitch mine.

I was basically asking about strut-bar's to compare stiffness from an aftermarket strut bar or the beefier dc5 lower tie bar
    #4(the lower tie bar) on our cars is much thinner than on the 05-06 type-s. I've read good things about replacing it, as well as getting the rear strut bar.
    Last edited by whatsvtec; 01-25-2011 at 01:15 PM.

OP...I would recommend that you don't buy anything yet. If you need to buy and that $300+ is itching you then buy something like reflash and then later send it in for k-pro and pay the difference. Even if it was i/h/e on a k20a3 it is not even worth it. I've gone through it and still became power hungry. (Unless if you go cams/vtec killer but that is another story which I believe you won't be headings towards until the future of your k24.). The main point is that if your buying something for your A3, buy something that will be interchangable for your future k24 so that way you won't lose money buying something that you'll have to buy again in a different size.

so the exhaust fits, what about the shorty?

does anyone know how much power on average a shorty and test pipe makes compared to a RH?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information