Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    that happened to me..kid with a 92-95 civic hatch has a slammed car...was just riding about 40-50mph on a back road and his exhuast just tumbled off his car and across the street into me, no avoiding it unfortunately...

no real damage to me...bike had just cracked fairings, new headlight, stator cover, new frame sliders, a mirror, clutch lever, brake lever, and new rubber, exhuast.

i had a jacket etc on so i was okay, just road rash on my hip and some bruised ribs

his excuse was the product was defective when purchased...tried to pawn the problem off on the company who made the product. my arguement was then if thats the case...blame the mfg...then i blame you..the mfg says its for offroad use only.

just saw your in New Mexico...not much salt,snow etc... the road salt and bull shit out here eats those parts up

You get what you pay for. enjoy.
    Last edited by ImportCustomx; 01-28-2011 at 10:22 AM.
    be jealous :P

That really sucks dude, the part of driving that worries me the most is that people don't maintain their cars. I'm glad you're okay and didn't get seriously injured by the accident. You're pretty brave to drive on public roads with a bike. I wouldn't trust other cars around me.

I'm in Rochester, NY actually, salt central. But trust me I'm not an idiot when it comes to maintaining my car. I was planing on using some GOOD stainless hose clamps for extra reinforcement and to correct any fitment issues I may have. I'm assuming the said Civic had a rusted out exhaust that was on it's last thread. I won't let that be the case for mine, this will be on for 2 summers and 1 winter. I'll always be checking to make sure things are still holding up, if they aren't they will get replaced.

yea i was lucky, i ride about 6000-10000 miles a year on my bike :) i love to ride.

as long as you keep an eye on it then your fine...i just like people to be aware of what they are getting and why that stuff is different then a buddy club, toda, j's, mugen, skunk2, etc etc etc.

I bought my exhaust from ebay and headers..the exhaust brand is tsudo and the headers are jvt racing...they were supposed to be stainless steel but they rusted..besides that they work great..If I had to ill do it gain but this time ill spray rust paint on the mid-pipe and the headers

i did that! vht high temp paint worked the balls

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    I agree with ImportCustomx for the most part, but not everybody has the $$$$ for name brand. I still stick by my OBX recommended header. It has outlasted both my DC RH and my Buddy Club header. For those who argue, remember the Buddy Club headers are made in Taiwan at very inexpensive prices and then sold overpriced to us. Plus they just fall apart.....oh yea, and they rust too.

Quote Originally Posted by ImportCustomx View Post
    i did that! vht high temp paint worked the balls
    I think is too late for me to do it..but when I get my obx race headers Im gonna do it..lol

Quote Originally Posted by ImportCustomx View Post
    yea i was lucky, i ride about 6000-10000 miles a year on my bike :) i love to ride.
    I love riding BMX, but I'd probably kill myself under power. hahah

as long as you keep an eye on it then your fine...i just like people to be aware of what they are getting and why that stuff is different then a buddy club, toda, j's, mugen, skunk2, etc etc etc.
    Totally with you on that. Awareness is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    I agree with ImportCustomx for the most part, but not everybody has the $$$$ for name brand. I still stick by my OBX recommended header. It has outlasted both my DC RH and my Buddy Club header. For those who argue, remember the Buddy Club headers are made in Taiwan at very inexpensive prices and then sold overpriced to us. Plus they just fall apart.....oh yea, and they rust too.
    x2 on the recommended OBX RH Vers 2.

If you can spend a little more then get the KRRH.

wow, you have worse luck than me! for what its worth, sorry i doubted the scenario... but seriously your probably the only guy in the WORLD EVER that has had this happen to you. your the guy they base urban legends off lol.

im just saying its up to the buyer to wiegh out the options vs cost. to me its worth the money i paid, and my satisfaction with the product is why i recommend it to other people.

Im not going to say my BBP is better than an HKS in no way shape or form. Its my personal choice to save $400 to get a similar product.

your right, theres not much salt out here. i do give everything a quick look whenever im down there (oil changes...).

These exhaust rust because they are stainless "plated", not full stainless. my 3 inch" for my GST after about 3 years started flaking off some of the stainless. i took it off, scuffed it up, painted it with a high temp black and put it back on- good as new!

Obx rh ftw

Quote Originally Posted by ep3jd View Post
    Obx rh ftw
    Not a fan of the runner pairing on the OBX. But i'm not too worried about a RH yet. I don't have enough power to warrant the low end torque loss

I'm thinking the kiddracing header. Runner length pairing is the same as OEM, 1+4 and 2+3
    Last edited by whatsvtec; 01-29-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    I'm thinking the kiddracing header. Runner length pairing is the same as OEM, 1+4 and 2+3
    who the hell made a header that has the wrong cylinders paired up? pics?

the kiddracing is the shit. i keep saying it. but i wanna see gains on the ebay stuff. lol.

^^^^^
    Hytech? 1-3, 2-4. It's not a budget header but their pairing is different.
    Last edited by sbRR; 01-29-2011 at 02:14 PM.

weird

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information