Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    i will tune your ebay parts for free for shiz and giggles. if you have kpro. lol.
    The price of gas/food to get to SAC for me would easily cost more than the price of getting tuned here. Also, I sadly don't have kpro Thanks for the offer though! haha

But, I may start saving $10 a week to do a couple dyno runs in the spring time to see how much power the bolt-ons add alone. Will keep posted

oh i meant over email n stuff. not like you need a dyno to feel the difference in ebay boltons and a flat fuel curve. i wasn't going to do ignition tuning or anything lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    oh i meant over email n stuff. not like you need a dyno to feel the difference in ebay boltons and a flat fuel curve. i wasn't going to do ignition tuning or anything lol.
    Gotcha! Just a street tune.
    I wish I had kpro! I think I'm gonna wind up saving for a swap and get everything done all at once. Thinking of heading to Evans Tuning or Xenocron to do the swap/tune

The only eBay performance part that I bought was the OBX RH vers 2 (ep3 version for my K20a3) and didn't have any problems with the fitment. It cleared my front stock swaybar and didn't hit anything. Although I did had to get the bottom end of the header and the adapter bored a little bit bigger for a slight (it's in head) increase. I sold the race header with the adapter piece to a buddy of mine who had a k24a2 and it fit on his car perfectly without any issues. Now he just sold it too as he sold his car...I wonder how it is with the new owner.

You can really feel the gains on the K20a3 but I never had the chance to get it dynoed along with my Injen cai and HKS Hi-power exhaust.

no doubt if I was to buy a race header again, budgetwise i would choose this OBX RH Vers 2. If I can fork out another $150-$200, no doubt it would be the KRRH.

OBX V2 is definitley a quality piece as I have experience with it as well. Sound is great and it is built well. (much better than cheapy shit like I had) For the money, it's definitely a great bang for your buck.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    UPDATE: In short, the only piece worth buying is the catback. Even that has poor fitment which caused my bumper to melt a little bit.
    Header quality is JUNK, had to ream out 3 holes just to get it to bolt on. Test pipe is loud, worthless and most likely will lean out your engine causing occasional misfires and such. All the pieces are very thin and are not high quality "stainless steel". For the amount of heat your header and test pipe will endure, it just doesn't make sense to have such shitty quality. the b-pipe and axleback are alright for being thinner due to the somewhat lower level of heat, and the fact that it doesn't sound horrible. Not great either though.

I'll update in about a week when I take off the Header and Test-Pipe. They will be for sale at a heavily discounted price (despite only being used for a month)
    Damn, this sucks to hear... I bought the header/tp combo awhile back... Still haven't installed. But quality looks ok, steel gauge was better than I had expected. Fitment hasnt come up tho. I was waiting to install motor mount inserts plus these at the same time. I have to do an oil change soon. Maybe I'll install the tp and see if it's too loud.

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    Damn, this sucks to hear... I bought the header/tp combo awhile back... Still haven't installed. But quality looks ok, steel gauge was better than I had expected. Fitment hasnt come up tho. I was waiting to install motor mount inserts plus these at the same time. I have to do an oil change soon. Maybe I'll install the tp and see if it's too loud.
    Good luck on the fitment.
    The gasket only fits in one direction, just make sure you've got the right way, lol

Hmmm just dropping back in- all my parts have been installed for about a month now. H/tp needed a little massaging to fit. I had a mechanic buddy of mine install the header, test pipe, motor mount inserts and serpentine belt for 75 bucks over Xmas break. Sounds good until about 3-4k it gets a little raspy. I have videos on you tube. Search tlikethedrink and they should come up. I can't make a link with my phone-
    I'm trying to decide on a muffler to add to the system. I've noticed the hks exhausts have a small muffler instead of a resonator- flow master has some similar sized. They also have the hp2 model that is essentially a big(wider) glass pack style muffler/resonator. I think either one of these should cut down rasp/loudness pretty well. Adding a muffler was always the plan, I just had been thinking obx twin loop. I like the option of adding a silencer to the fart can on long drives. Plus I can keep the ricer look lol

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    Hmmm just dropping back in- all my parts have been installed for about a month now. H/tp needed a little massaging to fit. I had a mechanic buddy of mine install the header, test pipe, motor mount inserts and serpentine belt for 75 bucks over Xmas break. Sounds good until about 3-4k it gets a little raspy. I have videos on you tube. Search tlikethedrink and they should come up. I can't make a link with my phone-
    I'm trying to decide on a muffler to add to the system. I've noticed the hks exhausts have a small muffler instead of a resonator- flow master has some similar sized. They also have the hp2 model that is essentially a big(wider) glass pack style muffler/resonator. I think either one of these should cut down rasp/loudness pretty well. Adding a muffler was always the plan, I just had been thinking obx twin loop. I like the option of adding a silencer to the fart can on long drives. Plus I can keep the ricer look lol
    Why not just add a midpipe? Your stock axleback will work fine in the mean time and a straight through 2.5" midpipe with no resonator (or an 05-06 Type S midpipe) will just add a growl to your stock axle back. There's a sound clip of such in the "Exhaust 101" stickied in this section.
    Last edited by frankdogg; 03-30-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information