Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    dont k&n filters have the socket thing on the bottom?
    yea but i couldnt get the socket over it caus theres not much room to work with

Wurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    I had a k&N oil filter and i drained the oil and when it came time to take off the filter that sucker wouldnt move. After swearing at it, still wouldnt come off. So i just left it there to stew about what it was donig with no oil. After showing the oil filter no attention for a day i went back the next day wrapped a paper towel around it and the sucker came off.
    You didn't swear hard enough for the profanity to sink in and cause the filter to want to disappear. I beat mine into submission in front of the new one so the replacement filter knows what's in store for it should it not come off easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechEP3 View Post
    Canada has the Eh?3 Know what I'm talking aboot?

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shanewdude View Post
    You didn't swear hard enough for the profanity to sink in and cause the filter to want to disappear. I beat mine into submission in front of the new one so the replacement filter knows what's in store for it should it not come off easily.
    haha good strategy. stupid oil filter. prolly never saw it comming muahahahha. U evil man you

So the assholes at Jiffy lube over torque the shit out of everything, I had to turn the wheel right and have my dad under the car to guide the channel lock while I squeezed and turned from the passenger side to get the filter off. Also when I removed the oil bolt, there was red lock tight on it and I had to use a breaker bar because my 1/2 ratchet wouldn't cut it. F U Jiffy lube!

Wurd.
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    haha good strategy. stupid oil filter. prolly never saw it comming muahahahha. U evil man you
    My car knows who's boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Aklass View Post
    So the assholes at Jiffy lube over torque the shit out of everything, I had to turn the wheel right and have my dad under the car to guide the channel lock while I squeezed and turned from the passenger side to get the filter off. Also when I removed the oil bolt, there was red lock tight on it and I had to use a breaker bar because my 1/2 ratchet wouldn't cut it. F U Jiffy lube!
    Wow, red lock tight is not really a good substitution for a new crush washer to keep the plug from coming loose! I buy a year of crush washers at a time from Honda... transmission drain plug washers, too (I try to do the tranny oil every second oil change).
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechEP3 View Post
    Canada has the Eh?3 Know what I'm talking aboot?

Quote Originally Posted by Aklass View Post
    I also had to use Channelock's to get the OEM filter off when I did the first oil change of the car. Crush the hell out of it, then turn.

This has never failed me:

(Imitates Jim Carrey)

OIL FILTERS BEWARE THE CLAW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    This has never failed me:

(Imitates Jim Carrey)

OIL FILTERS BEWARE THE CLAW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shanewdude View Post
    LOL. you guys are funny.

Weird thing is.. ive never had a problem getting my oil filter off.

i put mine on a lift and use a claw type wrench. if its stuck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information