Close

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Registered User kale's blue ep3's Avatar
    well a obx rh fit with a megan midpipe?

I just did a K24 swap in my EP and used the OBX RH. Fitment was fine and build quality seemed good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kale's blue ep3 View Post
    well a obx rh fit with a megan midpipe?
    yes

Registered User kale's blue ep3's Avatar
    no modifications?

no modifications?
    Yes no modifications. the only thing is the megan midpipe is well known for it's hit or miss on fitment. Either it fits no issues, or it hits the undercarriage when correctly fitted.

Obx is crap. Dcrh is better. But if its just a dd and less then 220hp. Then obx rh will be fine. I been doing research on this topic lately because I too am gettin a race header soon and decided to save up and go with ssr. Some say why spend 3 times more on it when it only gives 2-3 extra hp. Its not only 2-3. Its 10-20. And some say why not buy a dcrh then spend the money you save on other parts. Well for 1 you won't be able to buy anything else to give you that much hp. If your going to do a build why not do it right the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by thakid View Post
    Obx is crap. Dcrh is better. But if its just a dd and less then 220hp. Then obx rh will be fine. I been doing research on this topic lately because I too am gettin a race header soon and decided to save up and go with ssr. Some say why spend 3 times more on it when it only gives 2-3 extra hp. Its not only 2-3. Its 10-20. And some say why not buy a dcrh then spend the money you save on other parts. Well for 1 you won't be able to buy anything else to give you that much hp. If your going to do a build why not do it right the first time.
    What kind of motor are you getting 10-20 hp over an OBX or ClubRSX (which is a copy of the SSR)

To they guys running an OBX with a K24, I'm due to replace the giant exhaust leak i have in my crappy DCRH. what verson OBX are you running that clears with the k24. I got married and all my money went bye bye. So what ever doesn't leak is good by me.

I'm not saying you can slap these ssr header onto a stock engine and it kill the other headers by 10-20. You'll have to have other factors. Intake, I'm, kpro ect.

do they obx rh rust?
    No not at all. I've had mine for close to 3 years and it has no rust at all

Nah, dcrh is cheaply made. Its common knowledge that the flex pipe breaks and the header itself rusts. The people who are making these claims that the dcrh is better than obx are the ones who have never owned the obx.

*edit* like Mugenrep said, I wouldn't go so far as to buy "moving" stuff that obx makes but their bolt ons are made well. They're replicas of other brands so if you think the DCRH is better than (lets say) obx rh version2 then you think (for God knows what reason) that the DCRH is better than old Comptech raceheader.
    Last edited by Passenger; 02-19-2011 at 11:42 AM.

This is a crazy topic then. Everywhere I read obx isn't even close to dc.

This is a crazy topic then. Everywhere I read obx isn't even close to dc.
    well like I said with lsds and all that stuff I wouldn't touch it. I'd go name brand and spend the cash with cams and stuff but with bolt ons they're perfectly fine and are made with great quality

Fudge it. These people can buy whatever they want. I'm going ssr. Haha I can care less. Good convo with you guys on this.

I'd say OBX because it doesn't make sense to spend over $400 on a bolt on for a car that is only worth $5 grand. Just my negative point of view though.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information