Close

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    oh your K24? Well, I just sold my race header to J000stin last night and he has a k24a2 so hopefully he doesn't run into troubles and he took off his front sway bar. I think the noise you are hearing is probably because of your front sway bar. On my k20a3, I didn't need to remove or adjust my front sway bar. For the smell, it is common as it will take about 1 week or so.
    Shit. I have itr front sway. probably have to get used to the noise then huh.
    What if i heat wrapped them, you think that could help?
    No im not k24, but im planning on it.
    I think cuz it sits higher there will be a real problem with the sway bar.

Take off the itr front sway bar and use your stock. You really don't need that itr front sway bar as it doesn't do much of a difference than the rear sway bar. Also I never did heat wrap anything before but I have heard bad stories about them.

went to tracy from sac today (1hr drive) to install the header. got the header off only to find the studs to the cat are rusted and stripped as fack. then when i put the header on i realize T-virus didnt give me the adapter piece for the donut gasket.

ran open header all the way back to sacramento (thank god there were no cops on the freeway) got the header on and my secondary o2 wont come off. started it anyways and no leaks and everythings good except from the exhaust leak from the missing o2. i'm going to get a tool to get the 02 off and i'll tell you how it feels

Sorry man, I forgot all about the adapter piece. lol...But man open header? was it really really loud? Well, your almost done getting it on anyways. Whatever you do, becareful with the 02 sensors. Don't drop them, don't let anything touch the tip or your be looking for a new 02 sensor. That's what happen to me.

Sorry man, I forgot all about the adapter piece. lol...But man open header? was it really really loud? Well, your almost done getting it on anyways. Whatever you do, becareful with the 02 sensors. Don't drop them, don't let anything touch the tip or your be looking for a new 02 sensor. That's what happen to me.
    haha its all good. my cel was on cus i guess i didnt fully put on the clip when i put the stock cat on. either way i was gunna need a new o2 sooner or later.

Take off the itr front sway bar and use your stock. You really don't need that itr front sway bar as it doesn't do much of a difference than the rear sway bar. Also I never did heat wrap anything before but I have heard bad stories about them.
    Idk about that one man. The ITR sway bar compared to stock is a huge difference. On and off the track. I've never heard any bad stories of heat wrapping. What do you know?
    I was thinking of just wrapping near the sway and the oil pan.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan View Post
    Idk about that one man. The ITR sway bar compared to stock is a huge difference. On and off the track. I've never heard any bad stories of heat wrapping. What do you know?
    I was thinking of just wrapping near the sway and the oil pan.
    i've used heat wrap before and havent had any problems. but i used to spray paint vht on beforehand. there has been instances of people's headers cracking because the heat wrap holds the heat in which causes the header to crack over time?

Quote Originally Posted by j0000stin View Post
    i've used heat wrap before and havent had any problems. but i used to spray paint vht on beforehand. there has been instances of people's headers cracking because the heat wrap holds the heat in which causes the header to crack over time?
    yeah that makes sense but i dont want to wrap the entire header.
    I'm about to pioneer this shit. I don't see why it wouldn't work. mainly to dampen the noise of hitting the sway.

Quote Originally Posted by spartan View Post
    Hey dude just put on the rh on yesterday, feels great!
    Used greddy spectrum elite axle back an midpipe.
    only problem is that part where the little test pipe butts up against the mid pipe it only 1.8 inches.
    That's kinda retarded, and where the springs an bolts go together there is a loud noticeable clunking during idle .
    some eye candy.
    [IMG]http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo92/supercivicstack/IMG_20110420_095942.jpg[IMG]
    [IMG]http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo92/supercivicstack/1303319100-picsay.jpg[IMG]
    Thats why its rattling, you're on dc5 sway bar w/ k24. I *believe* I might be wrong that you need base civic 01-05 sway or not run one at all while running a raceheader.

edit: nice mod list btw

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Thats why its rattling, you're on dc5 sway bar w/ k24. I *believe* I might be wrong that you need base civic 01-05 sway or not run one at all while running a raceheader.

edit: nice mod list btw
    He is not K24, yet.

haha its all good. my cel was on cus i guess i didnt fully put on the clip when i put the stock cat on. either way i was gunna need a new o2 sooner or later.
    Man I'm going to miss this race header. I was going to have it put on my a3 with K-Pro before I sell it but oh well. I just don't have the time. On the other hand, I still have K-PRO. Ahahaha....

Man I'm going to miss this race header. I was going to have it put on my a3 with K-Pro before I sell it but oh well. I just don't have the time. On the other hand, I still have K-PRO. Ahahaha....
    THE OBX RH MAKES THE K24 RUN LIKE A BEAST!!!!

super noticable gains in mid and up top. i just really need new mounts or a tq dampener bad.

THE OBX RH MAKES THE K24 RUN LIKE A BEAST!!!!

super noticable gains in mid and up top. i just really need new mounts or a tq dampener bad.
    Yeah, that's how it felt when I had it on my K20A3 with Injen CAI and HKS Hi-Power. You can really feel the pull from mid and up top. It must feel really good on a K24. After you get your things in, get it dynoed...I want to see #'s.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    nice mod list btw
    Thanks dude!

I'm not down to remove my sway bar. I'm going to heat wrap part of the header around the sway bar and hopefully it will help.
    It looks like i really wont be able to use this header when i get my k24 with out problems with the sway, but hay maybe wrapping it might help with the k24 too!
    Does anyone make a header that's made for a 2.4 swap for the ep or dc5?
    I know skunk2 makes a special header for k swapped EG, DA, EK, DC2 chassis.

What about us?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information