Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    sorry guys. no thread, no DIY. at least we know it's possible
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    found it!

cleannnn!!!!

Heat gun and flat head?

Quote Originally Posted by Kis4KEN View Post
    Heat gun and flat head?
    looks like thats what it gonna come down to.

i havent had the time to play with them and probably wont till either this weekend or spring break
    currently im deciding which LEDs to run inside of them
    PSN: theehuggybear

Now I'm kind of curious... If I weren't going to Vegas this weekend, I'd try it, just to try it.

open to suggestions on which LEDs to use btw

currently im thinking of having LEDs run from top area then downward on the side (going around the reverse light and turn signal area) and cutting it off there in order differentiate where the rear fog would be

can someone shop the tail light red with the exception of where the reverse & turn signal are? (i dont have photoshop on this laptop)

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    ima smack you if it aint awesome...so...make it awesome...or else

id offer my spare usdm housings, but i love my factory freak lense that came on my car (my 02 ep came from the factory with 1 type r lense on a usdm housing)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    i dont give a fuck what you do, as long as it looks cool, is well thought out, and the craftmanship isnt a bag of shit...i have faith in you

(and if you make it look like crap, ill stab you...i dont know how, but ill find a monkey, and convince that monkey to stab you)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEP3 View Post
    open to suggestions on which LEDs to use btw

Some funny ish right there.
    Charles... You had me rollin'.

currently im thinking of having LEDs run from top area then downward on the side (going around the reverse light and turn signal area) and cutting it off there in order differentiate where the rear fog would be

can someone shop the tail light red with the exception of where the reverse & turn signal are? (i dont have photoshop on this laptop)
    You guys know I would, but my laptop crashed and I'm patiently waiting for CS5. Besides, I thiink I'd need a better explanation, or a sketch... a sketch would be awesome!

If nobody comes through for you Martin... I do have CS3 on my ancient desktop. I can try to make it happen there.
    Last edited by spydur; 02-03-2009 at 03:33 PM.

I think the 04-05 tails will look sick if someone opens em up and removes the red/orange reflectors and makes em all clear. Kinda like the clear taillights on the Lexus SUVS. I know some might think rice but i beg to differ.

Will look good on white/black/silver EP3s...maybe even lightly smoke the clear tails ya know.

BUMP for progress on Martin's master plan!

If you could figure out a clean look with an LED pattern similar to our reflectors... I'd buy them shits!

Running lights like so...

With the brake light filling in the rectangle (where the brake light is now)...

Quote Originally Posted by Myspacep3 View Post
    Kinda like the clear taillights on the Lexus SUVS. I know some might think rice but i beg to differ.
    I believe per DOT regs, the way automakers are able to get away with running clear tails is because in the bumper or somewhere in the rear they have red reflectors.
    Unless we put red reflectors on the bumper... expect to get pullover.

Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    BUMP for progress on Martin's master plan!

If you could figure out a clean look with an LED pattern similar to our reflectors... I'd buy them shits!

Running lights like so...

With the brake light filling in the rectangle (where the brake light is now)...
    not a bad idea..the hard part would be figuring out how to get individual brake and running lights seeing as our tail lights use double filament bulbs.
    its worth a shot though..once i finish with the 04/05s ill try that on my 02/03s

PROGRESS:
    ive managed to fab the rear fog light (just a test; the final one will be going on the driver side tail light):

this school quarter's almost over which means ill have some time to play with it more
    Last edited by ShadowEP3; 03-03-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    I believe per DOT regs, the way automakers are able to get away with running clear tails is because in the bumper or somewhere in the rear they have red reflectors.
    Unless we put red reflectors on the bumper... expect to get pullover.
    True dat! Especially in Cali.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEP3 View Post
    not a bad idea..the hard part would be figuring out how to get individual brake and running lights seeing as our tail lights use double filament bulbs.
    its worth a shot though..once i finish with the 04/05s ill try that on my 02/03s

PROGRESS:
    ive managed to fab the rear fog light (just a test; the final one will be going on the driver side tail light):

this school quarter's almost over which means ill have some time to play with it more
    Hella bright!

So Shadow, did you ever figure it out? If not, I'll pull my tails this weekend and try a few things. I'm just super curious how things come apart.

nope..go for it!

ive been itching to do it but i havent had much extra time

IHI O INI ID /A IE IP3 ep3_civic_si's Avatar
    Bump anyone figured it out? I'm about to put up the led pattern and I need to know my self. I still have to wire them. I ended up getting super flux quad led for mines. So it's plenty bright at a full 12v break and dim enough on a running. I am using a 1157 base with pig tail coming out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information