Close

Thread: s2k oil filter

s2k oil filter

I've been reading to much about these dam oil filters. I usually use oem #A02 filter. 3yrs ago i tried the s2k filter and from what i remember i felt that acceleration was weak. I think the larger filter cause a drop in oil pressure. Has anyone else experienced this? I wanna try the Hamp but then i ask myself why. Does anyone run s2k filter on a regular basis and what's your recommendation.

So you are saying you felt a change in the acceleration of your car because of the oil filter?

I seriously doubt that is the case. Don't get me wrong oil filters are important, but they aren't going to change the way your car accelerates.

You can run an S2000 filter if you want to, it will work fine. I typically use Bosch filters myself. Either for the EP, or for the s2000 depending on what is available at the local auto parts place.

If anything the s2k filter has been known to RAISE Oil Pressure, not lower it. I think you're butt dyno is playing tricks on you.

Napa Gold Filters here, made by Wix FTW.
    AkA EX FULL-RACE EP3

But be careful running S2k oil filters at higher rpm's, the issue is with filter housing longevity at high rpm's. The filter pulsates like a bad boy, all of the hardcore S2k drivers know of this issue and apply 3 screw type hose clamps around the circumference of the filter housing. This serves several purposes, added strength as well as easy grip for on and off.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

[QUOTE=POOPTOOTH;846758]If anything the s2k filter has been known to RAISE Oil Pressure, not lower it. I think you're butt dyno is playing tricks on you.

Haha right, butt dyno is getting mixed readings. I tried to scoop the A02 filters but can't find them. Are they off the shelves now or do only certain places get them?

Thread Information