Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    K-Pro hands down. If do anything engine wise you're going to need it in the future. You might as well get it through then get stuck. Or give me the 1000 so I can get K-Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jed_averill View Post
    Vegas.
    lol.

serious. kpro. then read up in the tuning section, i posted a kpro 101 link.

Ok haha, so the general consensous is that I should get k-pro. I think I'm going to go that route but where do I get it installed? Like I said I live in charlotte nc if any guys here are local and have it. And the $1600 price that I was looking at was getting k-pro and and brand new ecu not just k-pro

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper27 View Post
    Really? Could you give me a link?
    I don't have a link
    just check the classifieds from time to time
    I just talked to a guy, selling his kpro for $500
    Deal's are out there
    Last edited by civiCholo; 12-29-2008 at 09:19 AM.
    WTS: 17" beater wheels 4 lug, Dell Studio 1555 Laptop, Volvo Lip, Nikon mount lenses, BuddyClub wing, and more. PM me.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...110#post935110

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    lol.

serious. kpro. then read up in the tuning section, i posted a kpro 101 link.
    I just read the k-pro guide you had up and it says if you have an 05 ep you have to get a new ecu? I have an 05 ep so does that mean I have to order a new ecu? That's what is $1600 on the hondata website

Good luck with whatever you may do. If you want some more "oomph" get kpro used and a raceheader like the OBX unit. If you want looks, jump for some JDM hawtness, and if you want mad handles you could probably get some megan coilovers.

idk about the new ecu thing. i have an 04. as far as i know its the same. i did have fitment issues with an rsx ecu on my harness tho. it was keyed differently.

with that aside, why would you need another ecu? you'd have to get the immobilizer matched and thats more money.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...R-Sale-is-back!!

just pm/call these guys, they can answer any question you have about getting kpro. the shipping is fast, they pretty much over night it to you. i sent mine moday, got it back wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper27 View Post
    Ok haha, so the general consensous is that I should get k-pro. I think I'm going to go that route but where do I get it installed? Like I said I live in charlotte nc if any guys here are local and have it. And the $1600 price that I was looking at was getting k-pro and and brand new ecu not just k-pro
    You don't need a new ecu unless you have a problem with the ecu in your car that you haven't mentioned.
    You remove and send in the cpu out of your car and have Hondata installed on it. Try this link:
    http://www.clubrsx.com/browse/clubep...&universal=yes

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Do you even have bolt ons? Theres really no point to kpro unless u atleast have boltons. I would figure out what route u want to go with. Do u wana just keep it simple with boltons and a tune on kpro? Do u plan on boosting later? turbo or supercharger? If u plan on any real power then i would just save that 1k untill u have enough to make some serious power.

donate to the Mctaggart-cure foundation

Quote Originally Posted by jed_averill View Post
    Vegas.
    put it all on red!

Quote Originally Posted by WigginsSiR View Post
    put it all on red!
    yep.

Serious note, I'd get kpro or a suspension set up; with a k20a2 setup coming along, I'd lean towards tuning. Talk to the guys at RLZ engineerring, they're in concord, NC. they did my kpro tune. They're also kpro dealers, cool guys, professional stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Do you even have bolt ons? Theres really no point to kpro unless u atleast have boltons. I would figure out what route u want to go with. Do u wana just keep it simple with boltons and a tune on kpro? Do u plan on boosting later? turbo or supercharger? If u plan on any real power then i would just save that 1k untill u have enough to make some serious power.
    I have bolt ons already on the car. I have a I/H/E system in it already. I have DC headers that I'm not too happy with and I was thinking of getting the skunk2 megapower headers for it instead. So k-pro will help def

Quote Originally Posted by cronicEP View Post
    yep.

Serious note, I'd get kpro or a suspension set up; with a k20a2 setup coming along, I'd lean towards tuning. Talk to the guys at RLZ engineerring, they're in concord, NC. they did my kpro tune. They're also kpro dealers, cool guys, professional stuff.
    Alright, I'll give them a call too. Concord isn't far away

HEADER... not headerS, this one kills me..

As for the 1k, I'd say GoPro Motorsports and put the rest in an IRA..(god I'm getting old.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information