Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lol @ $800 for something you got for free and i could get for 550 shipped.

glws!

back on topic, if you "dust" on waterbourne paint it will look like dust and the clear will be hard to work with. if you get solvent based paint you can spray a light coat over the hood to make it look like silver tint. i forget the name of the stuff you pour 50/50 with the tint (i think its called the blend base, been a while), but you can spray a coat of that only first, then a regular blend of ssm waterbourne to acheive a tint-like appearance. then clear that bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    lol @ $800 for something you got for free and i could get for 550 shipped.

glws!

back on topic, if you "dust" on waterbourne paint it will look like dust and the clear will be hard to work with. if you get solvent based paint you can spray a light coat over the hood to make it look like silver tint. i forget the name of the stuff you pour 50/50 with the tint (i think its called the blend base, been a while), but you can spray a coat of that only first, then a regular blend of ssm waterbourne to acheive a tint-like appearance. then clear that bitch.
    Interesting.
    My carbonfiber Mugen wing is already sanded, so i might have to try this.
    I was gonna go ahead and paint it silver, but I'd like to give this a try before hand.

Okay so you're saying I tint it with a universal silver solvent-based coat
    Than a basic blend light coat of Satin Silver Metallic?
    WTS: 17" beater wheels 4 lug, Dell Studio 1555 Laptop, Volvo Lip, Nikon mount lenses, BuddyClub wing, and more. PM me.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...110#post935110

This is going to loook sick! I love the look of the silver mixed with the carbon fiber. It just wouldn't look good on a vbp. Im in for the results!

hey new guy, try it again and im banning you, PM'ed...

also greenies, tag this stuff when you find it please, it helps us a lot
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Hey man, I work at a custom paint shop, and I've tinted all sorts of things, I've tinted foglights to be yellow, clear corners to be a richer amber than stock, so on and so forth.

Your answer is simple, candy. Candy paint is a translucent paint that will allow whatever is underneath it to shine through no matter how many coats you put. Applying more coats only causes a richer color.

You can get it in spray cans at hobby shops, or order it from a auto paint shop or something like O'Reilly's auto parts.

You're not going to be happy with painted solution. Either get the silver CF brand new or just wrap it. I just got a sample pack from 3m for 1080 vinyl wrap and there's a great looking silver CF weave in there (yes, it's actually textured) AND it can be clear coated after the fact.

Steve
    I accept and embrace the ricer in me...

2016 DGM STi

That's my ep on the picture. I prepaid to VIS Racing to make the Silver Carbon Fiber For Me. I don't know how to do a refinish of it but those parts were original Silver Carbon . Already sold to a friend here.

What I Did With My Carbon Fiber Wing

Hey guys I'm new to this so bare with me. I have had my EP3 for less than a year and i have already done a lot to it or so i think. When i bought the car it had a 2 piece carbon fiber spoiler already on it. I liked it a lot but then the clear started peeling and then it just got out of hand. plus i never really like that full carbon fiber look so what i did was take the spoiler off, take it apart and then i took the base of the spoiler and used a DA on it with 600 and sanded the whole thing and then painted it the same color as my car and clear it all in 3 days ( Im in auto body so i only get three periods to do it a day). then i left the second piece carbon fiber so it really looks sharp. thats what i think people with the carbon spoiler should do. i havent re-cleared the second part yet but i have to save up a little more.spoiler in shop.jpgspoiler in booth.jpg

make sure you watch the clear coats on both paints and cf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information