Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What if i just got a k24a2 instead? Is it more difficult to get it working right? Cuz they are about a grand cheaper. I am keeping my 5 speed, i was going to run the kpro with my a3 ecu and grab a skunk2 manifold and 70mm tb for starters.

What header do i get with the tsx swap? Do i need new axles and all that or does the a3 shafts and axels work? Can i use my a3 injen cold air intake? I know i need the CRV mount and a tb adapter from some company, is there anything else i should pick up while i am getting all the parts in for the swap?

Thanks guys for all the responses. I really thought that z3 swap would have been more strait forward. Do i have to worry about the lock out on the tsx swap like you would on the z3 swap? And do i need a speed converter also?

k24a2 swap comments thread bruh.

Lol yea i looked it over, i know what i need now for that k24a2 swap, and not having no power steering could be a issue since i wanna autocross the car one day eventually.

Is there a swap that wount eliminate my power steering?

The K24A2 will work fine with your stock trans, no need for a VSS convertor.

There is no Kseries swap that can delete the EP3's power steering as it is EPS and mounted on the rack itself.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

I do have one question that i cant seem to find the specidic answer for from massive google and forums searching. For a k24a2, Do you use the rsx type s flywheel and clutch or just the base model clutch and fly (since its the same trans as our hatch) Thanks everyone.

moved to engine swaps
    be jealous :P

O sorry for posting in the wrong thread i had no idea, thanks

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    if i get a k20z3 swap with the ecu, key and key cylinder can i start the car with the z3 ecu?

Registered User that1blackhatch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04SiSpeed View Post
    I do have one question that i cant seem to find the specidic answer for from massive google and forums searching. For a k24a2, Do you use the rsx type s flywheel and clutch or just the base model clutch and fly (since its the same trans as our hatch) Thanks everyone.
    either will work, but u have more choices with rsx-s, i also have a k24a2 with ep 5 speed, i used an exedy stage 2(type s) with a ACT street light flywheel(type-s)(remember both clutch and fly have to be the same) you also might want to consider the karcepts a/c and p/s delete, if u dont mind not having ac it definetly made the motor alot more responsive. you will definitly be happy with going k24, its night and day difference from the a3, plus i wax z3's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by poeticfinesse21 View Post
    if i get a k20z3 swap with the ecu, key and key cylinder can i start the car with the z3 ecu?
    Kpro is a must, im almost positive, z3 ecu is made to handle drive by wire, not cable

Quote Originally Posted by that1blackhatch View Post
    either will work, but u have more choices with rsx-s, i also have a k24a2 with ep 5 speed, i used an exedy stage 2(type s) with a ACT street light flywheel(type-s)(remember both clutch and fly have to be the same) you also might want to consider the karcepts a/c and p/s delete, if u dont mind not having ac it definetly made the motor alot more responsive. you will definitly be happy with going k24, its night and day difference from the a3, plus i wax z3's all the time

Kpro is a must, im almost positive, z3 ecu is made to handle drive by wire, not cable
    Its funny you mention that clutch fly set up it was the exact one i was looking at, looks like its gonna run about 750 all in all for that. Yea i super excited now at this point. Its been blown since end of summer and i been driving my integra but its a fully built motor for boost and yea not real good on gas n all that so getting annoying i want my EP back lol.

Does your power steering work ? I dont know if it will or wont, iv had ppl tell me it wont cuz ours is electronic and have had ppl told me it makes no differance. So i figured u would know best you have the exact swap im doin lol. What header are you running? Did you do a dyno what kinda numbers you put down if u dont mind me asking?

I dont care about ac and ps, the integra doesnt have either so i am quite used to it. Imma hold off tho on it cuz ill need that kit when the Kraftwerks SC goes on middle of next winter.

Thanks for all the responses guys, you have cleared up a lot of questions running threw my head. I have read and read and read, same thread 2 n 3 times sometimes but i had a few final details i wanted cleared up.

Quote Originally Posted by 04SiSpeed View Post
    Its funny you mention that clutch fly set up it was the exact one i was looking at, looks like its gonna run about 750 all in all for that. Yea i super excited now at this point. Its been blown since end of summer and i been driving my integra but its a fully built motor for boost and yea not real good on gas n all that so getting annoying i want my EP back lol.

Does your power steering work ? I dont know if it will or wont, iv had ppl tell me it wont cuz ours is electronic and have had ppl told me it makes no differance. So i figured u would know best you have the exact swap im doin lol. What header are you running? Did you do a dyno what kinda numbers you put down if u dont mind me asking?

I dont care about ac and ps, the integra doesnt have either so i am quite used to it. Imma hold off tho on it cuz ill need that kit when the Kraftwerks SC goes on middle of next winter.

Thanks for all the responses guys, you have cleared up a lot of questions running threw my head. I have read and read and read, same thread 2 n 3 times sometimes but i had a few final details i wanted cleared up.
    Yes my ps works as talonxracer already stated this in the thread(not in a dick tone), if u look at the steering rack u will see an electric motor on top hints electronic power steering, so why keep a pump on the motor if all its gonna do is hold it back? That's my theory... same as u I have my 88 civic RT4WD which has ac... so no need for it in my 04 haha but I'm opposite my 04 is my fun car 88s the DD. I have not dyno'd yet because I havent touched anything internally yet( in the process) I just put a different intake manifold and blah blah blah to help with extra power for when the cams go in, but if I had to guess with my I/RH/ 2.5"ex I would guess probably somewhere around 210-220 hp. But that's a guess... to put it into perspective on an 1/8th mile track I was a hundreth of a second slower than a 02 camaro SS with bolt ons(that's about a bumper) my time was a 9.3 and that's with no name cheeeeeeep-o tires. As for headers I used obx type s raceheaders, to a custom 2.5"(modified ep megan racing exhaust) the rest of the way to my stock axelback (the whole exhaust deal-e-o is a bitch, but I do all my own work in the garage at home so no lift and trying to weld laying down while mocking it all up is what I mean by it being a bitch lol plus any header unless its specific for k24 in ep3 chassis WILL rub and "thump" on ur sway bar at idle... due to the fact that the 2.4 is 20 something mm taller so the exhaust comes out of the head higher so it sucks the exhaust real close the bottom...
    Last edited by that1blackhatch; 02-15-2011 at 03:06 PM.

that guy w/ the face poeticfinesse21's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by that1blackhatch View Post
    what do you mean drive by wire?

i would get k-pro eventually but k20z3 swaps are so easy to find for a good price, i was hoping i could get the motor runnin without spending an extra $1000

i would get k-pro eventually but k20z3 swaps are so easy to find for a good price, i was hoping i could get the motor runnin without spending an extra $1000
    k20z3 motor has drive-by-wire Throttle Body vs. drive-by-cable which is what a3 motors have.
    Unless you're doing clutch/flywheel/motor mounts upgrade, you can stay below $1k on other parts.

to make it simple a z3 ecu and TB will not work in a ep3 chassis... go put 500 down on red or a hand of black jack and pray

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    still need the digi converter.
    not if he uses the z3 ecu and tranny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information