Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

cams/ supercharger

I just bought a jrsc street kit. I plan on swapping the pulley out for the 3.8 pulley before i put it in. My question is how will skunk 2 stage 2 n/a cams work with this setup? I have em but they're not in my car yet. Any info will help.. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 05 hatch View Post
    I just bought a jrsc street kit. I plan on swapping the pulley out for the 3.8 pulley before i put it in. My question is how will skunk 2 stage 2 n/a cams work with this setup? I have em but they're not in my car yet. Any info will help.. thanks.
    i had BC stage 2 cams on my JRSC setup before and it didnt gain much at all. i was losing psi and power. when i switch stock cams it made more power and psi all around.

thanks for the cam info. here's my setup for the near future. Any advice or opinions will help thanks.

jrsc (street kit) 3.8 pulley coming soon.
    dc race header
    3" exhaust
    injen sri
    thinking about 650cc injectors
    might need a clutch but was wondering how much power the stock clutch can handle?

The Art of Shaving Panathrasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02CivicSI-VTEC View Post
    i had BC stage 2 cams on my JRSC setup before and it didnt gain much at all. i was losing psi and power. when i switch stock cams it made more power and psi all around.
    Did you get it tuned with the new cams??? I put the BC stage2 F/I cams in mine and love them. After the final tune I lost about 2psi of boost but made nearly 20 HP. I made more torque but forget the numbers, somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 lb/tf.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02CivicSI-VTEC View Post
    I didn't make much off the bc cams either. Was raving to 8700 rpms thouh lol

ill be doing the skunk2 stage 2's and supertech single springs on stock retainers (skunk2 springs are TOOOO stiff) and im curious about my results. im not going to rev past 7700 so im hoping the setup takes liking to the new sticks and makes some more powa

people, people, Hold up a minute. I would advise everyone on this thread to read the post on all the forums about the junk2 cams. I personally have a friend on this forum who had the junk2 stage 2 cams, and he toasted his motor in 2 months maybe less. those cams jump the teeth and that was the end of a 270whp ep3 k frank. please do more research before you guys use those cams. check out k20a.org

my skunk2 cams also made my motor blow, had modified tensioner and supertech dual springs and retainers. Only took 1000 miles before it took a shit

The Art of Shaving Panathrasher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    I didn't make much off the bc cams either. Was raving to 8700 rpms thouh lol
    Where are you getting your cars tuned? I conservatively capped my redline at 7,500 rpm because my EP is my daily driver and still made good gains from the cams.

Quote Originally Posted by Panathrasher View Post
    Where are you getting your cars tuned? I conservatively capped my redline at 7,500 rpm because my EP is my daily driver and still made good gains from the cams.
    I only gained about 10whp with the 4.0 pulley on my a3 with the bc stage 2 cams. When i did the 3.8 pulley and meth I saw over 20whp gains with the cams. I was the fastest a3 JRSC on this site till 04ep3hatch came along!
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 02-15-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    my skunk2 cams also made my motor blow, had modified tensioner and supertech dual springs and retainers. Only took 1000 miles before it took a shit
    DIdnt they change the design because they found fault with em awhile back?

idk but mine were bought at the end of last summer

ok ill say this, these cams cannot make your motor blow. the biggest thing that PROBABLY had to do with it was the dual springs, that is such an increased pressure on the chain, tensioner, and guides its not even funny. there is no need to go that high on a daily driven car, i would only use duals on a race setup revving to 10K. what stage cams did you have? was your tuner knowledgable? and did you abuse the car

i had stage 3 cams, yea he was knowledgeable and tuned many k cars, no i didnt abuse the car at all. I never abuse it and it just shut off on me when I was leaving a stop sign in 2nd gear at like 10mph

ok but what actually happened, did a valve break? chain snap?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information