Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    jumped timing, valve broke in half on the number 1 cylinder

I'm hoping to see some gains with the Skunk2 Stage 1s with my JRSC-R setup when I get dynotuned these next coming days.

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    jumped timing, valve broke in half on the number 1 cylinder
    id be partial to beleiving the dual springs put so much tension on the chain that even the modified tensioner couldnt hold up. the skunk2's only downfall is the fasramp. it snaps the valve open so the engine can really breath, but like talon said in another post that the timing belt on older b-series absorbs the shock from it, the kseries have nothing to absorb it

Quote Originally Posted by beechstreet View Post
    I'm hoping to see some gains with the Skunk2 Stage 1s with my JRSC-R setup when I get dynotuned these next coming days.
    GIGGIDY! whens the dyno im interested as well!

Quote Originally Posted by beechstreet View Post
    Same set up as you with Stage 1 cams sitting in the box.
    Looking forward to your numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    id be partial to beleiving the dual springs put so much tension on the chain that even the modified tensioner couldnt hold up.
    yea but you cant use single spring retainers with stage 3 cams, it was a combination of the fast ramps on the cams and the chain just being stressed

can anyone with S2 stage 2's chime in, i got mine today and looking at the intake cam, the smaller lobe on the cam iS SOOOO SMALLL. like it looks like a journal lol anyone care to collaberate

im still waiting to get my jrsc in and tuned before i put my cams in. 2nd week of march is when its goin in and getting tuned. Im gonna wait till i'm tuned to put my cams in or maybe sell em to get water/meth. I have z3 spings, ill talk to my tuner before i go with this setup. I want to hear some more info about this too.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 05 hatch View Post
    im still waiting to get my jrsc in and tuned before i put my cams in. 2nd week of march is when its goin in and getting tuned. Im gonna wait till i'm tuned to put my cams in or maybe sell em to get water/meth. I have z3 spings, ill talk to my tuner before i go with this setup. I want to hear some more info about this too.
    Ur gona have to get re tuned for the cams. If u have em u might as well do it all at once

Ya true. I just don't want to waste my time with em if I'm not going to see any gains.

I currently have Skunk2 stage 1s in my car and planning on going JRSC-R with 3.8 pulley. Really interested in what you numbers are going to be, let us know!

I was wondering about this? I have the street kit and plan on swapping the pulley. Do i need to do the map sensor relocation? I actually emailed jackson racing about this and they said i didn't have to do it. Can anybody give me some info on this please? thanks.

if anyone is actually looking to pick up a set of cams ill let my skunk2's go for cheaper than i paid from skunk2 theyre still brand new in the box

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    if anyone is actually looking to pick up a set of cams ill let my skunk2's go for cheaper than i paid from skunk2 theyre still brand new in the box
    why u aint using the cams anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    why u aint using the cams anymore?
    i dont want to go crazy with the A3 i dont think, i want to keep it real oem with driveability so i might just get a new cam from chris at xenocron, he has one laying around. but i dunno as well. i might go ivtec killer to

Aww man. I think the Stg 2's would be safer than going with the vtec killer setup. Just grab a hybrid racing chain tensioner and a set of supertech valve spring and you should be good to go.

I blew my A3 a fews ago and am in the process of getting a K24A1 which will get all my current mods along with the Crower Stg 2's and my AIS meth kit. Good luck to you! My motor died from a mechanical over rev :facepalm:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information