Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    LOL

A myth that it is "not good" is just that a myth. Does it make as much whp as complete A2, NOPE not close, but it does make more than a stock A3 head. It is VERY doubtfull you will pop over 200whp unless you use Churchs Dyno.

Kpro is essential, attempting to run a stock A2 ECU will create a dog that a bolt-on equipped A3 will walk all day long every day!

I was going to go that route but when all the costs are figured out the complete A2 swap was the same price
    I agree Doug. I wish Tim (aka Gearhead Geek) was still around. He moved onto his WRX and hasn't looked back. His head swapped Ep3 hauled balls. I rode in Sam's (ShadowMD) K20a2 Ep3 and then rode in Tim's and although Sam's was definitely faster, Tim's K20a2 head swapped K20a3 was no slouch.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Oh, and for those inquiring.....

K20a2 head with rocker assembly, cams, all pins = $500-$900
    or
    K24a2 head with rocker assembly, cams, all pins = $200-$500

OEM Honda K20a2/K20a3 head gasket = around $110
    ARP head studs = around $150
    Misc. = $30-$90
    Kpro = $900

So like Doug said, it's not cheap. But if you get the head cheap and/or you already have Kpro, it isn't that horrible. Plus you'll need the K20a2 head anyways, when you upgrade to a K20a2/K24a1 Frankenstein!
    Last edited by MugenReplica; 02-12-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by heyvortek View Post
    tigerballz did it and he got into a magazine....tho he had many other stuff done to it :)
    i was pretty sure he had a k20a2? iirc
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    -Desperate and needed a tune, Anjapower rushes to Innovative Tuning in Buffalo NY where Mike pulls an unprecedented 197whp on a k20a2 head swap.
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...ght=K20a2+head
    I was searching for something and this popped up. What a blast from the past. I can't believe that was about 7 years ago. I had to make a new login because my old username is longer than allowed now.

Mugenreplica ate you on the Facebook ephatch site? Pm me

Knowledge without the collage

All of you are mvp im somewhat new to the ep3 life but ive had 3 k20a3 in total base rsx auto rsx and my current ep3 my plan is to do the a2 head swap with rbc intake kpro v4 i currently have a cold air intake set up pullling in air at 70-80 degrees with dc sport longtube headers and a cat deleted catback stock exhaust but i keep getting o2 and cat codes along with knock sensor code which i put a new one and it still came up and after i drive for a bit sometimes it goes into limp mode it gave me a code i got in my rsx once that i had to replace the vtec solenoid so i did that and it still came up after a week can anyone enlighten me a bit please lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information