Close

Thread: New tires

New tires

Hi Ephatchers, i was looking for a set of 205/50/16 sticky tires for ma ep3 and i wanted to see some of you all's opinion:

i was looking at those General Exclaim UHP that tirerack had them for sale

BUT,
    I still wanted to see that what do u guys think? What brand? ...etc

Thanks a lot

anyone?

never tried them.

i've run flaken 452- they were pretty decent, altho easy to break traction, but better than oem
    currently running Dunlop direzza star specs and they are great, sticky when warm, good tread wear, and i got them for a decent price. Altho i find that the sidewall is a bit softer than the 452's.

all i gotta say is, don't cheap out on tires. it's one of the biggest performance handling mod you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by rd02SiR View Post
    never tried them.

i've run flaken 452- they were pretty decent, altho easy to break traction, but better than oem
    currently running Dunlop direzza star specs and they are great, sticky when warm, good tread wear, and i got them for a decent price. Altho i find that the sidewall is a bit softer than the 452's.

all i gotta say is, don't cheap out on tires. it's one of the biggest performance handling mod you can do.
    AMEN to that! I have the same tires and I'm loving them so far!

...all i gotta say is, don't cheap out on tires. it's one of the biggest performance handling mod you can do.
    Word!!!

never tried them.

Never cheap out of tires... I have gone through 3 sets of Falken , 452 and 512 ... & absolutely loved them...
    However, currently i am running on Hankook Ventus R-s2 and I luve these tires too.... but they are not available for order right now (and idk why!)
    so i was just reading these reviews on tirerack about those General Exclaim and i thought maybe i should talk to some other ppl before i purchase them.
    -
    Dunlop or Kumho or BFGoodrich ??

Well I need new tires also and with the weather down here being random at best I'm going with Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tire.
    Also I want some tires with a better trend life as I drive 40 miles one way to work.

I think the Sticky verison of the tire is Continental ExtremeContact DW Tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
    Never cheap out of tires... I have gone through 3 sets of Falken , 452 and 512 ... & absolutely loved them...
    However, currently i am running on Hankook Ventus R-s2 and I luve these tires too.... but they are not available for order right now (and idk why!)
    so i was just reading these reviews on tirerack about those General Exclaim and i thought maybe i should talk to some other ppl before i purchase them.
    -
    Dunlop or Kumho or BFGoodrich ??
    i think the rs-2 are discontinued. the rs-3 is the new replacement.

I also find that the 452's had a much stiffer sidewall, and a higher speed rating than the Star specs. Maybe the stiffer sidewall is due to the higher speed rating?? I just found the 452's had more initial response.

Thread Information