Close

Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1740

Erratic idle and 4k rpm governor

Long time no see ep hatch. Anyways I'm looking for some advice as to where to start to fix my ep. I have been having problems here an there and since cylinder 2 pushed a spark plug out about a year ago she hasn't been the same. So most recently I ha to do new plug and coil pack and when I got back in my car I have a crazy dropping idle from about 2500 to low and also sometimes a slightly lumpy but steady 2300. Also driving it I'm getting a cut off in every gear at about 4k. I believe my codes are for cat and o2 sensor but ill double check for the codes today. Any leads would help. I'm going to clean the iacv but I have a feeling it's not that easy.

My ep has about 120,xxx no serious mods, comptech header and air box. Pretty babies since bout it with 40k on it 5 years ago.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RHDmeatwagon View Post
    Long time no see ep hatch. Anyways I'm looking for some advice as to where to start to fix my ep. I have been having problems here an there and since cylinder 2 pushed a spark plug out about a year ago she hasn't been the same. So most recently I ha to do new plug and coil pack and when I got back in my car I have a crazy dropping idle from about 2500 to low and also sometimes a slightly lumpy but steady 2300. Also driving it I'm getting a cut off in every gear at about 4k. I believe my codes are for cat and o2 sensor but ill double check for the codes today. Any leads would help. I'm going to clean the iacv but I have a feeling it's not that easy.

My ep has about 120,xxx no serious mods, comptech header and air box. Pretty babies since bout it with 40k on it 5 years ago.

Thanks!

last time my car was doing that, stopping me at 4k, the Vtec spool valve had gone bad... also check your oil that could also be a reason its in limp mode... do not keep driving it though I've read (can't remember where) that you could blow up the engine. if it is the spool valve its a fairly easy fix the spool valve is right near the top of the cylinder head

check your oil.

have you written down what codes it is throwing?

after you find out what the codes are, pull your fuse and let the computer reset.
    it might clear your limp mode.

my car went into limp mode once, it was with my a3 and I went around a corner so hard that it starved my engine of oil. at the apex of the turn I hit the gas hard and the car limped at 4k. I parked it and reset my computer. I check my oil and noticed it had eaten a quart. which it did its entire life, no matter how I drove it.
    anyways I added oil and never went crazy hard on my cornering after that.

now I have a type r with a better oil pump and oil cooler.
    I go real fast around corners now.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisbtsc View Post
    I have a squeaky gas pedal. Tried to find a way to lube it, but not sure. Anyone have a fix for this?
    Still suffering with a squeaky gas pedal... driving me nuts. Anyone?

Here's a really dumb one.
    Bought some dress up fender washers from kseriesparts.
    How do they actually secure to the car instead of those damned plastic clips?
    Do I have to buy tiny little bolts now?
    And if so how is that any more convenient?

IS there a good replacement for those damned bumper clips in the engine bay?

Not exactly sure which you mean, but up here my local dealer charges 5$ per clip. F*#$ That. Went to Ebay and bought a few different sets of honda clips. 8mm screw in, 8mm push in, 10mm screw in, 10mm push in. They cost like 5-10bucks for a pack of 20-50 shipped! You just need to plan ahead :)

I've got those clips. What I mean is I'm tired of them.
    They're generally shit quality, including the overpriced Honda pieces.
    I want something more like real hardware, not shitty plastic fucksticks that are good for breaking and nothing else.
    :D

K series are known to lose oil pressure during high G/speed left hand corners. The oil moves up into the timing chain cover. If it is an uphill left hander its more likely to happen. Honestly, i dont feel a 'better' oil pump will resolve it... as that only provides greater or constant pressure at a given RPM. If the pump pickup has no oil on it... it cant pull oil into the engine... period.

With that said... oil pan baffles can hurt as well. If the turn is long enough to let the oil pass out of the enclosed baffles around the pump pickup, there will be a delay as the baffles effectively become a barrier for the oil to return once the turn is complete. There is a product out now that is basically a baffle that keeps as much oil from entering the TCC as possible. It fits between the block and the TC cover.

Keep a check on your oil level at all times. Make sure you are on or just above the full dot on the dipstick if youre gonna do any serious corner bangin. Others run more. That is at your own risk. Thats about all you can do for 'free'.

Ran over a deer the other day, and I need a new radiator, will any other civic radiators work in the ep?

Unfortunately, no. The EP3 radiator p/n is 19010-PNF-003 and I believe its specific to the EP3

I think the radiator is from the rsx (19010-PND-003) is the closest you can get. I can't remember exactly what the differences are but it's very similar.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Anyone know where the blue wire came from?

So I got some 04-05 tail lights for my 03, got the inner sockets for the conversion but didn't come with bulbs just wanted to make sure if these are the ones before going out and buying them.
    Rear turn signal
    7506LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Tail light
    7528LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Stop light
    7528LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Yeah if you got those from the list here, or from the parts store's little guide/computer, you should be good to go.
    Bulb size is at least a pretty basic thing...unlike so many other EP-related parts.

Also, not completely related but if you need to switch some connectors, I did the UKDM conversion a while back.
    Just some general tips on the process and where you need to pry stuff open haha.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...=1#post1024658
    Last edited by BeaterEP; 10-16-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Interior paint code for silver dash trim. Searched it, no luck. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116 LastLast

Thread Information