Close

Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    So after I get all my current engine BS taken care of, next job is brakes, which are in pretty bad need.
    I've never jacked all four corners before, just front or back as needed.
    Question is, how do you get all four corners on to stands safely? Front first? Back first?
    One corner at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    So after I get all my current engine BS taken care of, next job is brakes, which are in pretty bad need.
    I've never jacked all four corners before, just front or back as needed.
    Question is, how do you get all four corners on to stands safely? Front first? Back first?
    One corner at a time?
    I would do fronts first then backs first, but why would you need to get all 4 in the air at once? Can't you do the front brakes first, then the rear? I just redid all 4 rotors/pads on my '05 and I did fronts first, then went to the backs and had no issues (well, except for those stupid set screws that I had to drill out). I would recommend doing it like that unless you need to jack the entire thing up at once.

Was thinking I'd try a gravity bleed this go-round, just cuz
    So I'd like to have all 4 corners up at once.

Next question;
    K20A3 OEM TCT
    K24A1 OEM TCT
    The CR-V tensioner is about $20 cheaper, any reason I can't use it instead of the A3 OEM?

...maybe this isn't quite the kinda thing that this thread is meant for, but I'm tryin' to get parts ordered ASAP so was looking for quickness!
    Last edited by BeaterEP; 02-21-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by usedep3 View Post
    removing the rear seats in cake. just start unbolting stuff until you get it out. it's fairly easy bc i tried it years ago when i first got the ep. at that time i was sacred to even attempt an oil change. putting it back in is even easier after you take the seats out bc you know where everything should go. if there isnt one already this would be an excellent opportunity to write up a simple DIY
    I agree. I did this a few years a go to move a table and some chairs, but I had to remove the front passenger seat as well.

Note: If you remove any of the front seats, your SRS light will come on. Theres a walk through on how to reset it. I've been too lazy to do it though.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...RS-light-reset

my dumb question:

what do the different color user names mean?

Lime=site sponsor
    Deep Sky Blue=new member
    Navy=regular member

that's all I know

Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    Was thinking I'd try a gravity bleed this go-round, just cuz
    So I'd like to have all 4 corners up at once.

Next question;
    K20A3 OEM TCT
    K24A1 OEM TCT
    The CR-V tensioner is about $20 cheaper, any reason I can't use it instead of the A3 OEM?

...maybe this isn't quite the kinda thing that this thread is meant for, but I'm tryin' to get parts ordered ASAP so was looking for quickness!
    Id just go with the a3 tensioner, even if it did work but was different it wasn't engineered for a different engine, and doing it the right way is worth $20...have you checked the price on it from hondaautomotiveparts?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSi View Post
    my dumb question:

what do the different color user names mean?
    We have a sticky on this right here...a couple of them have changed, but other than those that were already mentioned they should be tue same...plus that mod list is outdated

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...nt-colors-mean
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

i wanna have a toothpick sized ban stick

regardless..username colors all equal one thing:

gheys
    PSN: theehuggybear

Yeah Baron, you're probably right.
    This was just kind of an unexpected...well, untimely project, so I really need to control cost as much as possible.
    Tried hondapartscheap, they're within about $1 of hondaautomotiveparts.
    ...feckin' shipping/handling is always a rip-off either way.

I heard from a friend that the front stock USDM rebar will fit with the JDM 04-05 bumper. Can anyone confirm this?

He/she/it said that the 02-03 JDM bumpers are smaller than the 04-05 JDM bumpers...thought they were the same size?

Thanks

i'm removing the throttle body from the intake mani, i got all the necessary bolts removed, but i can't get it out due to the gasket holding it to the mani. how do i get this off. my main goal is to get to the starter so i'll have to do it again for the intake gasket. yes i'm a noob, but i'm learning

Quote Originally Posted by Myspacep3 View Post
    I heard from a friend that the front stock USDM rebar will fit with the JDM 04-05 bumper. Can anyone confirm this?

He/she/it said that the 02-03 JDM bumpers are smaller than the 04-05 JDM bumpers...thought they were the same size?

Thanks
    punch your friend in the face for talking out his ass...

you still need the low profile type r rebar from everything ive come to understand...does your friend even have an ep or the 04/05 bumpers?
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSi View Post
    i'm removing the throttle body from the intake mani, i got all the necessary bolts removed, but i can't get it out due to the gasket holding it to the mani. how do i get this off. my main goal is to get to the starter so i'll have to do it again for the intake gasket. yes i'm a noob, but i'm learning
    if its never been removed it can be sticky, if you have a rubber mallet give it a thump, or fold up some cloth and thump it softly, it should come off the manifold...you should be able to remove the intake manifold without removing the TB though iirc...maybe just remove the whole shebang
    my ep is white...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    if its never been removed it can be sticky, if you have a rubber mallet give it a thump, or fold up some cloth and thump it softly, it should come off the manifold...you should be able to remove the intake manifold without removing the TB though iirc...maybe just remove the whole shebang
    thanks, i had thought about removing the intake manifold without removing the TB but i noticed that there's 1 bolt that i can't get to without removing the TB. it's the bottom right bolt.

i was able to take off the intake mani without removing the tb

Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread Information