Close

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    k24 crank pulley and 3.8 you will loose boost and will make anywhere from 3-5 psi. i am running a stock k24a1 block with stock cp with a 3.2 bp and making 9-10psi

Quote Originally Posted by 02CivicSI-VTEC View Post
    k24 crank pulley and 3.8 you will loose boost and will make anywhere from 3-5 psi. i am running a stock k24a1 block with stock cp with a 3.2 bp and making 9-10psi
    Thanks for the info! Do you know a site when I can compare differnet CP/boost pulleys combos? I'm really hoping for 11psi.

Also how much power is your car laying down? Mods? THANKS!!

Cool Change of Plans

I'm going to ditch the CRV head and BC Stg 2 cams I have and go with a K20A2 head instead. Will the EP3 JRSC manifold still bolt up fine? With the K24A1 block & A2 head would I be able to fit the RSX JRSC Manifold instead?

I'm asking since I would gain more power using the RSX JRSC manifold setup vs the ported EP3 manifold. Same goes with using the A2 head vs the A1 with cams. I must break 300whp!!!!!

Another thing I'm looking at is either sending the stock EP3 TB out to maxbore for porting OR just buying a 74mm Hybrid Racing TB. I will be selling my current Injen 3' CAI and have a custom intake made to fit the methanol better.

So to make this easier to answer:

1. With an A2 head on the K24A1 block will the EP3 JRSC manifold fit fine?

2. With an A2 head on the K24A1 block will the RSX JRSC manifold fit fine? (I know it may need some help to fit or bending/cutting core support - thats fine with me)

3. With the A2 head on instead of the A1 head would a maxbored TB or an after market 74mm TB be better? (Better as in mo' powa)

4. Would the skeletor crank pulley and my 3.8 pulley still up my boost 2lbs? I'm looking to run at least 11lbs of boost. I've spoke with Stiegemeier and part of the rebuilt will be prepping the blower to run over what Eaton specifies.

5. If question #2 is good to go would the aftercooler kit from Jmercado/? fit fine? (IE enough space in front of the radiator for the heat exchanger and room under the hood for the necessary lines/fittings?

6. 300+whp here I come?

When these things are figured out I will post pictures of the parts and my total cost. I should have all the cash ready for the swap by April 3rd. Adams Automotive in Crestview, FL will be doing all the work/labor. I can't speak highly enough of their customer service

Doh, didn't see this until just now. I'll ditch the 3.8 pulley then. What pulley should I run? The 3.0? I will be running a K20A2 head since the power gained with it on stock cams + vtec should be better than the K24A1 head + BC Stg 2 cams.

Josh

ephatch member
    Both JRSC manifold's would work. With the a2 jrsc you would need to trim the radiator support just like if you ran an rbc intake manifold. And yes, you could run the aftercooler setup. A maxbore throttle body would always help.

Glad Johnny is taking care of you!

Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger View Post
    Both JRSC manifold's would work. With the a2 jrsc you would need to trim the radiator support just like if you ran an rbc intake manifold. And yes, you could run the aftercooler setup. A maxbore throttle body would always help.

Glad Johnny is taking care of you!
    Thanks man! Sounds good. I will prob send the blower out to have it rebuilt then I will sell it on the forums so I can buy a RSX JRSC setup.

Yeah man Johnny is awesome!

Hey man I have a jmercado aftercooler on mine. the core which goes in the manifold is the old version like his very first one but I have the new heat exchanger. The rsx version of the heat exchanger shares the same mounting points as the a/c condenser but us ep3's have a different condenser so I cut off the top tabs on mine and welded new ones on top which then gets bolted to the crash bar. and the bottom mounting points are the same location as the rsx so those are fine.

If you keep a/c the lines get in the way some, the one that goes over the snout is pretty close and the hose underneath going from compressor to condenser is bent in a stupid way so I bought items from encoredc5 to make my own. Right now my rad is out so after work tomorrow I can get you a picture of how I have the lines ran.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Hey man I have a jmercado aftercooler on mine. the core which goes in the manifold is the old version like his very first one but I have the new heat exchanger. The rsx version of the heat exchanger shares the same mounting points as the a/c condenser but us ep3's have a different condenser so I cut off the top tabs on mine and welded new ones on top which then gets bolted to the crash bar. and the bottom mounting points are the same location as the rsx so those are fine.

If you keep a/c the lines get in the way some, the one that goes over the snout is pretty close and the hose underneath going from compressor to condenser is bent in a stupid way so I bought items from encoredc5 to make my own. Right now my rad is out so after work tomorrow I can get you a picture of how I have the lines ran.
    Kick ass man. I should be the owner of a complete A2 head tomorrow + a2 oil pump. Now I just need a CRV short block so I can have 09 TSX internals installed (11.1:1 comp vs 10.5:1 in the TSXs before 09. I'd go after market internals but nothing can beat OEM!! Plus I've read that the TSX internals can hold ~400whp.

I'll be posting pic of the build as parts arrive and then I'll have some pics of when the car is done. Not to mention a copy of the dyno sheet. If I can run 12lbs of boost on the RSX blower along with my motor setup and meth injection ~320-340whp should easily attainable!

I've thought of selling the meth kit and a few other parts just so I can go aftercooler instead. Not having to fill up another "fuel" tank would be nice. Plus my EP is happy too, haha

Pictures as promised

That's sick man! Love what you're doin! Can't wait to see the end results!

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Pictures as promised
    I'm jelly.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 05 hatch View Post
    That's sick man! Love what you're doin! Can't wait to see the end results!
    Have all the parts but the K24A1 short block! I'm looking for one if any one has one for sale!!

Build will be:

K20A2 Head
    K24A1 SB
    09 TSX Internals
    OEM Head gasket
    APR Head studs
    EP3 JRSC (Rebuilt and Ported by Stiegemeier)
    Maxbore TB
    Custom CAI
    AIS Methanol Kit (14GPH nozzle)
    CRSX RH
    Custom 3 inch Exhaust
    650cc Injectors
    Hondata 4 Bar MAP
    08/09 K24 Crank Pulley
    3.0 or 3.2 S/C Pulley
    and something else I don't remember..

Reason for sticking with the EP3 blower is time based. Dont have the time to sell it, buy another, then have the RSX one ported/rebuilt! When the car goes back together I want to be sure the motor and S/C will be there to stay for a long time so I can focus on my slut of an FD.

Am I correct in the CP + 3.0/3.2 pulley for this motor setup? I'd search around but I'm trying to find a short block right now. I'm looking to run ~12psi. I will be running the new larger K24 CP.

Also since I'm going to run the 09 TSX internals with the pistons @ 11.1:1 compression what will the final comp be when the A2 head is on it? Should I go for <09 TSX pistons which are 10.5:1 instead? I want to be as close to 11.0:1 as possible. Why? Cause I can and I'll have a ton of meth going in it. Gotta break 300whp or I'll just break down mentally.

Think thats all. I'll post pictures of everything when I can. I'm going to send Maxbore the TB soon and Stiegemeier the blower around the same time as well. Would have been sooner but a bachelor party (I was best man) drained my funds pretty well.

THANKS everyone. Hope to throw up some vids of it when its done vs my brothers EK (all motor fully built B18 - ran 13.30)

PS I may change my mind and just sell the EP3 JRSC and buy a RSX setup if the motor continues as it has. LSX stuff I soooo easy to find.

Ahhhh ok. Guess I should change the post I made below. Where did you buy the pulley from? Would a 3.0 pulley make ~12psi?
    Last edited by liquid cooled; 01-16-2009 at 12:05 PM.

my vote?
    a2 head, rsx jrsc manifold, and jmercado aftercooler.
    Do some more research on blown k24's, I've got no clue about what pulleys you should be using

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    my vote?
    a2 head, rsx jrsc manifold, and jmercado aftercooler.
    Do some more research on blown k24's, I've got no clue about what pulleys you should be using
    That my vote too man, haha. Also its dependant on how long the blower rebuild takes. Anyone interested in a rebuilt EP3 JRSC with 440cc RC Injectors? ;)

I've done a lot of research on the SC K24s. Its how I picked my setup (mainly the tsx internals vs aftermarket - OEM FTMFW)

Whole thing with this build is I want to be sure I everything is in tip top shape since everything is out of the engine bay AND I want another 90whp :) I know my blower is fine right now but might as well rebuild it since its off anyways type of thing. This car usually is my DD and I want to drive it again. I miss my EP.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information