Close

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ephatch member
    i just checked car-part.com and there are complete a4's in pensacola for 499-500. Not bad especially since you plan on using tsx internals. If you don't want the head. Tell johnny to take the exhaust rockers from the a4 head and make a high compression 2.0l vtec killer with my old a3 that had an a1 head if he didn't scrap it already. I never saw the damage to the valve guides, but if they survived he had the makings of a 2.0L beast just sitting around.

Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger View Post
    i just checked car-part.com and there are complete a4's in pensacola for 499-500. Not bad especially since you plan on using tsx internals. If you don't want the head. Tell johnny to take the exhaust rockers from the a4 head and make a high compression 2.0l vtec killer with my old a3 that had an a1 head if he didn't scrap it already. I never saw the damage to the valve guides, but if they survived he had the makings of a 2.0L beast just sitting around.
    I really want to stick with the crv motor, I'm just OCD on some things. Plus it's what I told Johnny, although he thinks he is going to have to install the head etc but he will be installing a completed longblock. All the letter + number combos in the honda world gets confusing sometimes.....

AH! Glad you posted! I forgot about car-part.com - found two CRV short blocks a short drive away :) Thanks man! I will be heading to check out an RSX JRSC soon thats for sale. Good price too (missing some hardware but that can fixed easy..)

Help me guys!

Would the 09 TSX internals @ 11.1:1 comp or the pre 09 TSX internals @ 10.5:1 comp be better with the Type S head on the car? What would the final compression be with either setup?

Also since I will be using the RSX JRSC setup do I need to get a K20A2 TB or do I reuse the one of the A3?

Also since I have yet to hear back on the Lysom AX1600 TS setup I will be going with the RSX JRSC kit. Soon I will be selling a freshly rebuilt JRSC kit with a 3.8 PB Pulley and RC 440cc Injectors for a good price along with a few other goodies for a steal!!!

Help a fellow hatcher out with my compression questions! All the new mods are listed a few posts above this one (or near the end of the 2nd page).

Thanks!!

Josh
    Last edited by neoamd; 04-20-2011 at 11:25 PM.

mmm...torque :D
    a2 tb and a3 tb have the same mounting points--whatever you have works

as a note im not too sure how the 3.8" pulley would do on the clearance end of the headlight support i am 100% certain that your hood prop will need to go though

Quote Originally Posted by lldiesel386ll View Post
    a2 tb and a3 tb have the same mounting points--whatever you have works

as a note im not too sure how the 3.8" pulley would do on the clearance end of the headlight support i am 100% certain that your hood prop will need to go though
    I will be running either the 3.2 or 3.0 pulley for the JRSC so no worries there!

ahh...sorry--reading>me

have fun with the build. 1st gear will be rendered useless i believe with the 3.4 i have on i am only at 8psi, and i can lose traction while in 2nd very easily--makes me want taller gears lol

ahh...sorry--reading>me

have fun with the build. 1st gear will be rendered useless i believe with the 3.4 i have on i am only at 8psi, and i can lose traction while in 2nd very easily--makes me want taller gears lol
    Haha sounds good. I'm trying to run 12lbs on the RSX JRSC so I will prob use the 3.0 Pulley. Also I will be going to set up the Jmercado intercooler setup along with the meth. I'm still trying to find a set of good RC 650cc injectors.

For a while the car will be running without a LSD but in mid June I will have a LSD along the TSX 6th gear. Are you still running the EP3 trans?

3 would probably be the right way to go. with a pulley that small you should be able to retain the regular hood prop also

i am running the original transmission--it has a tsx 6th and an obx lsd (see sig lol). does me well, although i would still love the taller 4.3 final drives found in the 02-04 rsx's (even better would be the 4.0's found on crsx, but thats neither here nor there )

3 would probably be the right way to go. with a pulley that small you should be able to retain the regular hood prop also

i am running the original transmission--it has a tsx 6th and an obx lsd (see sig lol). does me well, although i would still love the taller 4.3 final drives found in the 02-04 rsx's (even better would be the 4.0's found on crsx, but thats neither here nor there )
    I plan on having the front core support bent a bit so the RSX JRSC will fit and the 3.0 pulley should work fine. I'm hoping I can sell the rebuilt EP3 JRSC with 440cc Inj pretty quick. Holding my breath. We will see.

Also can anyone help me with these questions?

Would the 09 TSX internals @ 11.1:1 comp or the pre 09 TSX internals @ 10.5:1 comp be better with the Type S head on the car? What would the final compression be with either setup?

Also since I will be using the RSX JRSC setup do I need to get a K20A2 TB or do I reuse the one of the A3? - So someone said I could use the A3 TB but will everything else line up fine (all the lines etc) on the A3 TB fine or would the A2 TB make things easier? I want whatever means the least fab/extra work.

THANKS

Quote Originally Posted by neoamd View Post
    I plan on having the front core support bent a bit so the RSX JRSC will fit and the 3.0 pulley should work fine. I'm hoping I can sell the rebuilt EP3 JRSC with 440cc Inj pretty quick. Holding my breath. We will see.

Also can anyone help me with these questions?

Also since I will be using the RSX JRSC setup do I need to get a K20A2 TB or do I reuse the one of the A3? - So someone said I could use the A3 TB but will everything else line up fine (all the lines etc) on the A3 TB fine or would the A2 TB make things easier? I want whatever means the least fab/extra work.

THANKS
    The a3 TB works fine, everything is the same, CAI fits great with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    The a3 TB works fine, everything is the same, CAI fits great with it too.
    lol...see post #34 not sure about the compression ratio for either of those piston setups though

lol...see post #34 not sure about the compression ratio for either of those piston setups though
    Yeah I said that the a3 tb question was answered. I just need to know about the compression :(

Well no worries now on the internal swapping. I'm just going to stick with the OEM CRV internals. I'm sending the A3 TB off to maxbore along with the JRSC inlet to get it port matched as well. I will be listing the A3 JRSC freshly rebuilt on the forum along with the RC 440's here soon. If it doesn't get nabbed fast I'll just send it back off and have the manifold on it ported as well.

I'm skipping the internals due to time and also since I know the CRV motor will handle it fine and will make me worry free as honda set it up vs another builder. Decided not to take the risk on my DD =)

I do believe I'll break the 300whp mark though. I'm hoping I can move the A3 JRSC so I can pick up the RSX version which I will just aftercool. Works for me...

I gotta have the car running by June since I'll be moving to a new house, haha. Anyone want to buy a badass Laptop? Check the FS section soon!!! hahahahhaha Sold it a few hours after I made this post..

Soon this thread will have pictures.

Josh
    Last edited by neoamd; 05-14-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Well guys I now have an Aftercooler setup that will on its way Monday!

Cool

Aftercooler setup, Skeletor CP, and some new OEM Floor Mats are IN. Waiting right now to get the EP3 charger back so I can sell it. Its getting a complete rebuild (not just the snout yo) and will have Viton seals and some other improvements. Whoever gets this charger is going to have a JRSC thats a bit better off than a new one

Also now since I have the aftercooler in I must go with the RSX JRSC setup, darn.

I'll be purchasing both the 3.0 and 3.2 pulleys and start with the 3.2 then move on to the 3.0 after initial tuning just to get an idea of my boost levels. Also I will be sending the RSX charger out to be completely rebuilt along with getting the internal rotor housing coated + the rotors coated along with Scruffers upgraded main shaft from CRSX just to be sure the blower can deal with ~12lbs of boost as a DD.

Another note is 2 new sensors will be added. One is a coolant temp sensor that will monitor the temp of the water for the aftercooler and second is a T1 Race Development open element IAT sensor which will replace the stock AIT sensor and will be mounted in the JRSC manifold.

Also while the RSX charger is out for its rebuild the RSX manifold setup will be ported by a friend correctly (not just shaving shit down because it'll be bigger). I think he said he'd port to 120 degree angle or something. Not sure but his ported B18 JRSC setup holds the record for power made on a stock B18 (~250whp @ 9lbs).

I'm still considering having the TSX internals thrown in the CRV block since the charger has to be sent out and the manifold will be ported but my wallet is the determining factor on this one.

At this point the only thing I haven't decided on is which TB to run. Either it'll be a maxbore ported stocker (port matched to JRSC inlet) or a HR 70mm with a TB spacer to add some length to keep the added volume of air straight as possible.

The custom intake will be made shortly after the car runs and will pretty much be a straight aluminum pipe with a filer on the end along with a brake duct mounted to feed air to the the filter. The intake will also be wrapped in DEIs heat shield to keep it from heat soaking.

I'm having the K20A2 head I bought checked out and cleaned to be sure it 100% ready to use and will be painting the head & block with Eastwood's Aluma-Blast paint. I could snap some pictures but its just a pile of parts.

I think my initial quest for 300whp will be easy now and hope it'll be around ~330whp. Looking to have it running around the end of June or start of July. Not looking forward to driving around with the stock 5spd with no LSD or TSX 6th

The next step is buying a trans and having it built with an LSD, TSX 6th, and either the base rsx 4.3FD or the CRSX 4.0 FD. Also if I go with the TSX internals expect to see me throw my nitrous kit on the car with a ~55 shot and play with some fast cars.

Holy long post batman - this is what happens when you work this late/early and post an update.

**EDIT - also I'll be using FIC 650cc injectors with a Walbro pump.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information