Close

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Your setup is gonna be the ish! Can't wait to see it all done and in action! Im ordering my skeletor cp today for my a3 jrsc, and im pumped. I can't imagine how you feel. Lol. Good luck with the build.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 05 hatch View Post
    Your setup is gonna be the ish! Can't wait to see it all done and in action! Im ordering my skeletor cp today for my a3 jrsc, and im pumped. I can't imagine how you feel. Lol. Good luck with the build.

I feel good but my wallet has a terminal disease now. I only meant to spend HALF of what I'm spending now BUT the result will be a lot of fun. I'll post pics of all the parts when the car is loaded on the trailer and towed to where all the magic will happen, haha. I've got to install/mount a good bit of things before I take it to the shop.

Maybe once it runs I'll post a video of what it's like with whatever power it makes on an open diff stock trans

The trans will be started once it runs again and depending on turn around time @ crsx the car will run around diff less for less than 6 weeks.

Cool Updated Mod List!

Well I have spoken with my friend and he is going to port the RSX JRSC manifolds along with port matching the inlet to the Maxbore TB. I'd really like to run the Hybrid-Racing 70mm TB but money won't allow for that unless I give up on the transmission and I refuse too!

The RSX JRSC once purchased will be sent out for a complete rebuild along with the upgraded Viton seals etc. Once the manifolds are done being ported I'm sending them out to have them powder coated to look like chrome. The TB will also be sent out for powder coating as well.

I have all the supplies to paint the motor once the K24A1 has its stock head removed, the A2 head installed, A2 oil pump installed, and either an A2 or Z3 oil pan. Once the motor is together I'll be painting it with Eastwood's Alumna-Blast paint - same for the transmission.

I will also be painting all the accessories to match. All visible bolts on the head (valve cover, coil cover, etc) will be replaced with new shiny bolts. I will prob paint the valve cover Wrinkle Red and paint the coil cover SEM Laudau Black + a Skunk2 oil cap.

With all the below combined parts I'm hoping the car can eventually make 350+whp. Once running I will be replacing all the suspension bushing with the Energy Suspension master kit, going with the A-Spec suspension kit, and a few other bits.

The EP3 blower setup is ready to be sold so I will be listing it when I can. Can anyone think of any other small mods I can do to help extract all the power possible (IE the IMG gasket / k-tuned TB velocity coupler)? I know the velocity coupler prob won't make a big difference with the SC there but I'll take it just for hope of another 1-2whp

To think all this started just from a drunken mistake and escalated from just using the complete CRV motor with the EP3 blower to where it is now. I have nearly all the parts now except the injectors, fuel pump, RSX JRSC, and one or two other things. I can take pictures of all the parts and plan to take pictures of the motor once it's assembled and painted. When the car is running I'll snap one shot of under the hood - the rest will be videos

The "Nearly and Hopefully Completed Mod List":

• CRV Shortblock
    • K20A2 Oil Pump/Pan (May use a Z3 oil pan)
    • K20A2 Head w VTEC (Stock cams)
    • RSX JRSC (Manifolds Ported and inlet port match to TB)
    • RSXtwister's JRSC Aftercooler
    • 3.0 Boost Pulley
    • 08/09 Accord CP (Skeletor Crank Pulley)
    • FIC 650cc Injectors
    • Walbro Fuel Pump
    • KRRH/CRSX Race Header
    • Custom 3" Exhaust
    • AIS Methanol Kit (Kpro controlled)
    • Maxbore Ported Throttle Body
    • K-Tuned Throttle Body Velocity Coupler
    • Hondata IMG Gasket
    • Injen 3" CAI (Custom CAI will be made after car is back from shop)
    • Hondata 4 Bar MAP Sensor
    • T1R Open Element IAT Sensor (Installed in JRSC manifold after aftercooler, will replace OEM one)
    • K-Pro
    • Innovative Motor Mounts
    • Password JDM Battery Relocation Kit + Odyssey PC680 Drycell Battery
    • EM2 Front Sway Bar
    • CC Stage 4 w/Lightweight Flywheel
    • EP3 5spd Trans w/ TSX 6th gear, LSD, and 4.3 Final Drive (I'm most excited over this oddly enough)
    • [B]AEM Methanol Injection Monitor (Thanks 04Ep3Hatch!!!)

Thanks for reading and I look forward to entertaining you all with some videos. Also would be nice to meet some of you all at an event or Honda gathering.
    Last edited by neoamd; 06-13-2011 at 12:55 AM.

sounds like your going to have one fun car on your hands! IM curious though as to why the use of a methanol kit if you have an aftercooler? i'd be afraid of the core impeeding the flow to all four cylinders equally

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    sounds like your going to have one fun car on your hands! IM curious though as to why the use of a methanol kit if you have an aftercooler? i'd be afraid of the core impeeding the flow to all four cylinders equally
    The reason is additional cooling. Check CRSX - alot of guys run both. It seems like the recipe for getting 330+whp. I will buying a transmission soon so the car will run again with a nice trans to back it up (EP3 trans - TSX 6th, Quaife LSD, and 4.3 Final Drive).

Nah, the core wont really impede flow as it'll be atomizing in the blower as its compressed. I'm looking forward to have a GOOD IAT sensor installed in the manifold after the aftercooler to see what temps I'm getting with and without methanol. Also I'm considering getting the RSX M62s rotors and rotor housing coated with special coating, not sure of all the specifics but it fills in gaps etc and cuts down on friction in the blower, which alot of Cobra guys use with good success.

Plus the whole point of this build is to be sure everything is as "new" as possible since I want her to be reliable. Just wish parts I don't need yet would stop popping up for sale =P

How's your cars setup doing?

Can't wait for the final result on this. Sounds like a fun car indeed. Are you going to be taking some detailed pics of the install and setup?

Cool

Can't wait for the final result on this. Sounds like a fun car indeed. Are you going to be taking some detailed pics of the install and setup?

I'm having a shop do the install. I will be taking pictures of the parts, some parts as I install them before I bring the car to the shop (mount heat exchanger, install walbro FP, mount meth tank/pump, lines, and also wire the meth kit to the Kpro along with the low level light/arming switch/LED showing its on).

I also plan to take pictures of prepping the motor - removing CRV head, oil pan, mechanical pump - installing the a2 oil pump, chain, guides, pan, head, etc. Also will take pictures when the long block is mostly together (minus accessories) before and after I clean it then paint it. I'm also going to clean the trans and paint it when it comes back CRSX with the final drive installed etc.

I'm excited myself. If the car runs the 3.0 pulley fine @ 11-12lbs of boost I may swap to the 2.8 pulley and go 14-15lbs of boost to try and get over 350whp. Since I'll have the trans going in the same time as the motor vs before I was planning on doing it after but found a great deal on a trans that I can't pass up.

I'm going to buy a set of 17x8 wheels, roll my fenders, and run atleast a 225 tire to aid in traction. I really just care about my ET at the track so if it can trap 115mph I'll be very happy since I'll be confident to play around with the loads of autotragic C6s rolling around town

Anything in particular you want to me to document well? I may do a DIY on installing the aftercooler setup. Let me know what you want to see and I'll snap some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by neoamd View Post
    I'm having a shop do the install. I will be taking pictures of the parts, some parts as I install them before I bring the car to the shop (mount heat exchanger, install walbro FP, mount meth tank/pump, lines, and also wire the meth kit to the Kpro along with the low level light/arming switch/LED showing its on).

I also plan to take pictures of prepping the motor - removing CRV head, oil pan, mechanical pump - installing the a2 oil pump, chain, guides, pan, head, etc. Also will take pictures when the long block is mostly together (minus accessories) before and after I clean it then paint it. I'm also going to clean the trans and paint it when it comes back CRSX with the final drive installed etc.

I'm excited myself. If the car runs the 3.0 pulley fine @ 11-12lbs of boost I may swap to the 2.8 pulley and go 14-15lbs of boost to try and get over 350whp. Since I'll have the trans going in the same time as the motor vs before I was planning on doing it after but found a great deal on a trans that I can't pass up.

I'm going to buy a set of 17x8 wheels, roll my fenders, and run atleast a 225 tire to aid in traction. I really just care about my ET at the track so if it can trap 115mph I'll be very happy since I'll be confident to play around with the loads of autotragic C6s rolling around town

Anything in particular you want to me to document well? I may do a DIY on installing the aftercooler setup. Let me know what you want to see and I'll snap some pics.
    Document? Everything, haha. Just very interested in your build. A DIY on the aftercooler setup would be sick. Im installing my water/meth kit and skeletor pulley this week. Should be fun. But I'd like to do something like your setup in the future so anything to inspire or motivate me. Ill be subscribing to your thread too, keep up the good work.

Document? Everything, haha. Just very interested in your build. A DIY on the aftercooler setup would be sick. Im installing my water/meth kit and skeletor pulley this week. Should be fun. But I'd like to do something like your setup in the future so anything to inspire or motivate me. Ill be subscribing to your thread too, keep up the good work.

Ah I gotcha. Well hopefully the numbers will motivate you enough :)

Really the good stuff comes once its running. I have a couple quick cars I can run it against to get an idea of traps before I head to the track.

I look forward to runnin this setup once you're done. : )

The reason is additional cooling. Check CRSX - alot of guys run both. It seems like the recipe for getting 330+whp. I will buying a transmission soon so the car will run again with a nice trans to back it up (EP3 trans - TSX 6th, Quaife LSD, and 4.3 Final Drive).

Nah, the core wont really impede flow as it'll be atomizing in the blower as its compressed. I'm looking forward to have a GOOD IAT sensor installed in the manifold after the aftercooler to see what temps I'm getting with and without methanol. Also I'm considering getting the RSX M62s rotors and rotor housing coated with special coating, not sure of all the specifics but it fills in gaps etc and cuts down on friction in the blower, which alot of Cobra guys use with good success.

Plus the whole point of this build is to be sure everything is as "new" as possible since I want her to be reliable. Just wish parts I don't need yet would stop popping up for sale =P

How's your cars setup doing?
    thats a good point i never thought of, the blower definately does a good job of distributing that stuff. and yea i was looking into that coating as well, i beleive the main benefit was it reduces heat transfer into the rotors thus reducing IAT's, it also tightens up the already tight (.003) rotor to rotor clearance, so you will see a little more psi, overall that thing is gonna be tits on the road, and my car is doing pretty good! just waiting to not get lazy and install my new meth tank/pump setup and a mucho bigger nozzle, also doing a custom mix of methanol and an AEM flow gauge so i can finally monitor myself and get real aggressive with the tuning, i might go to a 3.7 pulley if im daring but i dont know man, i dont know how far i can take this A3. i mean it is lasting very well right now. no oil consumption/noises and im clipping just over 11psi so the 3.7 might net me an even 12. Im also EXTREMELY considering sending the blower out to Steighmeir and having the blower redone, ive seen them do my buddys CT blower on his FG and they matched the throttle body to the inlet, ported in the inlet, and ported the rotorpack inlet and redid the whole housing and his car was beeeastly ive never heard a whine like that from such a small blower

thats a good point i never thought of, the blower definately does a good job of distributing that stuff. and yea i was looking into that coating as well, i beleive the main benefit was it reduces heat transfer into the rotors thus reducing IAT's, it also tightens up the already tight (.003) rotor to rotor clearance, so you will see a little more psi, overall that thing is gonna be tits on the road, and my car is doing pretty good! just waiting to not get lazy and install my new meth tank/pump setup and a mucho bigger nozzle, also doing a custom mix of methanol and an AEM flow gauge so i can finally monitor myself and get real aggressive with the tuning, i might go to a 3.7 pulley if im daring but i dont know man, i dont know how far i can take this A3. i mean it is lasting very well right now. no oil consumption/noises and im clipping just over 11psi so the 3.7 might net me an even 12. Im also EXTREMELY considering sending the blower out to Steighmeir and having the blower redone, ive seen them do my buddys CT blower on his FG and they matched the throttle body to the inlet, ported in the inlet, and ported the rotorpack inlet and redid the whole housing and his car was beeeastly ive never heard a whine like that from such a small blower
    Yeah your correct about the coating giving tighter tolerances. Another thing it does is allow the air to flow smoother (IE less turbulence) and the rotor housing coating does the same but reduces metal to metal heat transfer. Could you give me a link to the AEM flow gauge your talking about?

Def send your blower out for the porting along with a Maxbore TB with the 3.7 pulley I bet you could hit 300whp with ease and still have it reliable.

LMK if you have any questions. I'm hoping that with all the stuff being done to the blower, the porting of the manifold, sc inlet, along with a Maxbore TB with the K-Tuned TB velocity coupler and eventually the custom intake which I will upgrade to Hybrid-Racing 70mm TB. I'm hoping it makes 330whp with ease. Then it's time for me to go with the 2.8 pulley (~15lbs) and try to get past 350whp. If the car can trap @ 115mph + I will be ecstatic!!
    Last edited by liquid cooled; 02-01-2009 at 03:15 PM.

Yeah your correct about the coating giving tighter tolerances. Another thing it does is allow the air to flow smoother (IE less turbulence) and the rotor housing coating does the same but reduces metal to metal heat transfer. Could you give me a link to the AEM flow gauge your talking about?

Def send your blower out for the porting along with a Maxbore TB with the 3.7 pulley I bet you could hit 300whp with ease and still have it reliable.

LMK if you have any questions. I'm hoping that with all the stuff being done to the blower, the porting of the manifold, sc inlet, along with a Maxbore TB with the K-Tuned TB velocity coupler and eventually the custom intake which I will upgrade to Hybrid-Racing 70mm TB. I'm hoping it makes 330whp with ease. Then it's time for me to go with the 2.8 pulley (~15lbs) and try to get past 350whp. If the car can trap @ 115mph + I will be ecstatic!!
    http://www.aemelectronics.com/gauges...on-monitor-56/

i want to have my blower done so bad its not even funny, its an older supercharger so it will definately benefit from a good rebuild and a full port, and search around on CRSX about the bigger throttle bodies, apparently with the M62 there is no beneficial need for such a big throttle body as the area of the opening entering the rotor pack is equaled out by just doing a maxbore! money saved!

http://www.aemelectronics.com/gauges...on-monitor-56/

i want to have my blower done so bad its not even funny, its an older supercharger so it will definately benefit from a good rebuild and a full port, and search around on CRSX about the bigger throttle bodies, apparently with the M62 there is no beneficial need for such a big throttle body as the area of the opening entering the rotor pack is equaled out by just doing a maxbore! money saved!
    Wow man right as I though I was done spending money ROFL

Thanks for the link, I'm picking one up as well.

Your wrong sir! Bigger TBs are better than smaller ones but the problem is the JRSC inlet. If you run a P2R spacer between the SC Inlet and the TB you have enough room to run a 70mm. This is assuming the blower manifold, inlet, etc is ported. I will be running the Macbore TB and one day either the 70mm Hybrid Racing or 74mm Hybrid Racing TB one I have a custom inlet fabricated or if Scruffers finishes his.

You should send your blower out for a full rebuilt along with getting the Rotor Coating and Thermal Barrier Coating for the Rotor Housing! PM me and I'll give you more information.

Big update and some pretty pictures coming in 4-6 weeks

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information