Close

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Just put together a weekend you wanna complete something... i can head up that way and bring needed tools and what not. Or head this way, ive got a decent garage with hoist and MOST tools. Just LMK. I look forward to road trips... its time for VTEC. : P
    Thanks, will do. I'll let you know for sure. When I have the swap done I won't have the meth hooked up so I could drop by to finish its install. I just want to be sure the tune I have done by MagTuning is spot on just on the aftercooler. After that I'll have it tuned on the Meth. I don't think I'll be running a 2.8" Pulley on my setup since the 08/09 Accord CP and 3.0" BP should net me 11-12psi = ~350whp with the car.

I'm glad I'm having the trans reworked with TSX 6th, LSD, and carbon syncros. I'll be running MOTUL fluid in the trans and with their 300v 5w30 oil. Is it possible to fit 17x8s on all 4 corners with 235s if the fenders are rolled? I plan on running the A-SPEC suspension but I'm not sure it would give the clearance needed unlike some thinner coils.

Just put together a weekend you wanna complete something... i can head up that way and bring needed tools and what not. Or head this way, ive got a decent garage with hoist and MOST tools. Just LMK. I look forward to road trips... its time for VTEC. : P
    Ah I forgot to say amen on the road trips. Are you done with your current build? Looks sick.

When it runs we can play on the interstate =P

Is it possible to fit 17x8s on all 4 corners with 235s OR 245s if the fenders are rolled? I plan on running the A-SPEC suspension but I'm not sure it would give the clearance needed unlike some thinner coils.

I'm back from the dead. My health has been holding me back from moving forward on the car. The motor is assembled. I'm waiting for a few items that deal with the JRSC. Also I had my JRSC fully rebuilt, s/c ported, manifold cleaned up, and a few other things. Once I get the last few parts in it will be game on.

I'm aiming for 330whp minimum on the aftercooler and 350whp min with the meth + aftercooler. I have 35 shot and 55 shot jets as well for the N20 kit I have - hoping the 35 shot can break the 400whp barrier and life the WTQ to ~350+. Only time will tell since I have a few local scores to settle.

I was planning on sticking with the 4 lug but due to massive lack of 8 inch wide wheels I'll be looking for a 5 lug conversion, with better brakes on all 4 corners, and of course much more tire. I'll take a picture of the mass of parts I have, haha.

I'll be posting a For Sale thread soon with parts that I no longer need for this build and I'll be pricing everything quite low so I can clear some space to make working on the car easier.

Cheers!

Well my first of two FS threads has been posted!! Check it out: http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...SS-Adapter-ETC

Pulley boys website says that the civic si pulleys are only available in 3.7.. Is this true? What's different about the rsx blower?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by DericSh View Post
    Pulley boys website says that the civic si pulleys are only available in 3.7.. Is this true? What's different about the rsx blower?

I'm running the RSX JRSC setup not the EP3 JRSC. That's how I'm able to run the aftercooler!

If you need any spare EP3 JRSC parts LMK since I have a ton, haha

Ill let u know. Does the 3.2 rsx pulley fit the ep3 blower?

Quote Originally Posted by DericSh View Post
    Ill let u know. Does the 3.2 rsx pulley fit the ep3 blower?

I'm not sure. Call and ask the guys @ PulleyBoys.com

I called and he said they all mount the same but didn't know why exactly their website says that. He assumed because the blower would be inefficient with that small of a pulley which i assume means with a the amount of boost that pulley would make on a stock motor not a k24

It will fit. I've used EP pulleys on RSX JRSCs. They are identical kits outside of the manifold and some doodads to adapt to the blower position and the power steering on the rsx.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by neoamd View Post
    I'm running the RSX JRSC setup not the EP3 JRSC. That's how I'm able to run the aftercooler!

If you need any spare EP3 JRSC parts LMK since I have a ton, haha
    Could you post a pick of your bay with the rsx blower in ur ep3 ?

My rsx jrsc for my ep is ordered just wanted to know how it will look !

Quote Originally Posted by sir_2002 View Post
    Could you post a pick of your bay with the rsx blower in ur ep3 ?

My rsx jrsc for my ep is ordered just wanted to know how it will look !
    My plans may have shifted and I'm real close to going with MP90x setup and then I'll have Jmerc build a custom giant aftercooler for it.. If the next works out the Twin Screw because a solid option, haha

^^Scratch the above. I'm so deep in this already I might as well try and break 400whp with the M62.
    Last edited by neoamd; 07-02-2012 at 01:25 AM.

STILL no pix?

Cool

STILL no pix?
    Been busy the past 6 weeks. I've taken 5 Microsoft Cert tests in the past 6 weeks - passed them all. The next two upcoming Saturdays I'll be taking the last two MS tests and the end result will be 3 MCITPs! Then I'll take a 3-4 week break to finish the car and get it running before starting in on 5 more certs :)

Once I finish 2 of the other 5 I shouldn't have any trouble getting a new job with a minimum 33% pay raise, normal hours, no overtime required, and many other benefits! Well worth putting the car off to advance my career. Plus with the new job it will mean I'll be picking up a bare K24 short block to have fully built (11.5:1 comp min) along with getting another A2 head so it can be ported/upgraded. Then it will be time for a twin screw.

When my EP is finished and I put the first 500 miles on it I'll have to retorque the ARP head studs and I will pulling the A2 cams and replacing them with a special set by SVM (nikos on K20a.org runs it). It will be a special set of S/C spec'd cams. If I can break 400whp with the M62 I will troll the shit out of ClubRSX and all the people who said it wasn't possible - of course I'll be sure to do so with class! Plus doing it with the CRV stock bottom end and stock A2 head will make it even sweeter

Also I will share every modification etc done for my car results in hopes it will encourage some one to try to catch up or beat me

I hope this explained the delays well. Cheers gents!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information