Close

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thumbs up

More pics soon of the A2 Water Pump, VTEC Solenoid, Interior Plastics, and an entire aftercooler setup which has been cleaned/polished/etc to sell because who wants to install something dirty in their engine bay?

The VTEC Solenoid is nearly done and looks like a mirrior. I'm considering painting it the same color as the motor and clearing it since it'll be easier to keep clean. I'm waiting for a more parts so I'll be posting pics when I remember.

Once the new motor is installed and the tune is semisolid I'll be removing almost the entire stock fuel system in favor of coated ss lines, nice rail, fpr, fuel press guage and adding secondary fuel filter (a small one) + a bosch inline FP to supplement the D-werks 265lph if the car can lay down the numbers I'm hoping for. Fingers crossed! Worst care if the number don't match I'll just sell it and go TS/MPx90 instantly. 400+ EZ Mode then but much less of a challenge.

I can't wait to remove the entire audio system from the car so I install a bit better of everything !SQ is king to me.

Anyone selling a complete 5 lug conversion? I'd rather skip on being forced to get 17x7.5s since I'm 4 lug for now. 5-lug would mean 17x8 so I can run 245s or 255. Hoping that the extra width will grip well enough in 2nd up so I don't have to just replace the front tires with a set of drag radials. I've daily driven 2 cars on DR's before (422whp Built KA24DE Kouki 240sx + LSx based FD). The nitto hook well when you warm em up if its cold out and last ~10k miles while the BFGs hooked always, were terrifying in the rain, and last 3K. 17x8s give me the best wheel and tire choice!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by neoamd View Post
    More pics soon of the A2 Water Pump, VTEC Solenoid, Interior Plastics, and an entire aftercooler setup which has been cleaned/polished/etc to sell because who wants to install something dirty in their engine bay?

The VTEC Solenoid is nearly done and looks like a mirrior. I'm considering painting it the same color as the motor and clearing it since it'll be easier to keep clean. I'm waiting for a more parts so I'll be posting pics when I remember.

Once the new motor is installed and the tune is semisolid I'll be removing almost the entire stock fuel system in favor of coated ss lines, nice rail, fpr, fuel press guage and adding secondary fuel filter (a small one) + a bosch inline FP to supplement the D-werks 265lph if the car can lay down the numbers I'm hoping for. Fingers crossed! Worst care if the number don't match I'll just sell it and go TS/MPx90 instantly. 400+ EZ Mode then but much less of a challenge.

I can't wait to remove the entire audio system from the car so I install a bit better of everything !SQ is king to me.

Anyone selling a complete 5 lug conversion? I'd rather skip on being forced to get 17x7.5s since I'm 4 lug for now. 5-lug would mean 17x8 so I can run 245s or 255. Hoping that the extra width will grip well enough in 2nd up so I don't have to just replace the front tires with a set of drag radials. I've daily driven 2 cars on DR's before (422whp Built KA24DE Kouki 240sx + LSx based FD). The nitto hook well when you warm em up if its cold out and last ~10k miles while the BFGs hooked always, were terrifying in the rain, and last 3K. 17x8s give me the best wheel and tire choice!
    Well everything is polished and ready to go now. Pics soon.

hey man- what are your clearances with the RSX kit and your rad support/ hood with the k24? how much of the rad support did you need to trim and did you have to trim the webbing on the hood to get it to close? i just got a RSX manifold for free so im considering the upgrade.

Ah I forgot to say amen on the road trips. Are you done with your current build? Looks sick.

When it runs we can play on the interstate =P
    You gonna be ready to run anytime soon? Im tired of killing Mustangs/350z's and snappin axles. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    You gonna be ready to run anytime soon? Im tired of killing Mustangs/350z's and snappin axles. lol
    Waiting on my M62 again - this time besides the venom cooler, porting, and ceramic bearing it will be running the lightweight rotors as well :)

Its VERY close.

Waiting on my M62 again - this time besides the venom cooler, porting, and ceramic bearing it will be running the lightweight rotors as well :)

Its VERY close.
    im looking at the same mods for my m62- very cool

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by differentK View Post
    im looking at the same mods for my m62- very cool
    I have bought everything needed from DEI to fullly insulate all of the aftercooler lines. I'll be running a second Bosch water pump for redundancy and to ensure the water stays a'movin.

I'll be starting with 2.8BP + Skeletor CP on the car as well :)

Then soon after a set of custom SVM S/C cams, upgraded valve springs, ti retainers, etc.

I'll be breaking the JRSC power record damn it. I'll be trying to do it without meth installed as well. Depending on how the logs during tuning look I may add an extra smaller heat exchanger as well. Also all 93 octane - no E85 cheapness =P

I'll be making a post about my redone fuel setup after prelim testing.

Trapping ~120mph on the aftercooler/boost alone will be very nice

Either way I still have a complete methanol kit and a fully ready to go nitrous system (auto bottle warmer, remote open, etc) once it's fully tuned on boost alone unless I decide to go with the 2.6 BP then they will have to wait. I just want to play with some C5/6 Z06s that are around here in my "Fat Civic Ricer"

hey man- what are your clearances with the RSX kit and your rad support/ hood with the k24? how much of the rad support did you need to trim and did you have to trim the webbing on the hood to get it to close? i just got a RSX manifold for free so im considering the upgrade.
    Nothing should need to be trimmed but it is a tight fit. If trimming is needed it shouldn't be more than a 1/4 inch of material to remove where the blower sits.

Ah if you know where i can score all I need for a 5 lug swap I'll make it worth your while =P

I will have zero traction until I can go 5 lug, 17x8 wheels, and DRs upfront.

Nothing should need to be trimmed but it is a tight fit. If trimming is needed it shouldn't be more than a 1/4 inch of material to remove where the blower sits.
    Thanks for the info. I talked with my tuner yesterday after getting retuned on the dyno and i am pretty much set on my winter project. I have the RSX manifold- going to add an aftercooler, inlet, TB, 3in exh, and injectors... aftercooled, meth injected, and on e85 should be interesting.

Its just really tight. Didn't; have to cut anything.

Big updates soon :)

any results yet?

finished mine up last month... waiting to see how much more power the m62 can handle

You gonna be ready to run anytime soon? I'm tired of killing Mustangs/350z's and snapping axles. lol
    Get on my level dawg! Upgraded axles are already in ;) - Rated for 500+ whp though haven't had a set break with cars making double the HP so :)

any results yet?

finished mine up last month... waiting to see how much more power the m62 can handle
    I just sold the ID 725s and will be picking up a set of ID 1000s to support the 17+ pounds of boost my M62 will see.

Also, I picked up another methanol kit as well as a nice direct port N20 system, 2 stage (4 really but starting with 2..)

Not going to spray much just enough to shatter every whp record ever made by an M62 - if the motor stays together, lol.

BTW Here is a few pictures. I have many more but don't want to give too much away =]

Here is the link to the gallery on imgur: http://imgur.com/a/EEPaR

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information