Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Crystal smoke taillights by Genki Tuning

Features

* 100% Brand New in Original Box. Comes with Driver and Passenager Side
    * Direct Plug & Play Installation. Direct Replacement
    * 100% Waterproof and Shock resistant
    * Installation guide may not be included. Professional installation is strongly recommanded
    * Made By Approved and Certified Manufacturer To Ensure Quality & Fitment

Anybody have this taillight and can vouch for the quality/fitment? Or can vouch for the Genki Tuning brand?

it looks like they would fit without needing to mod anything. i dont like them imo i like the 02-03 more haha

yeah i dont like em either, maybe for someone who is into blacked out tail lights

I like the way they look, but it's hard to say whether they will look good on a ep, I'd have to see them installed. Probably look great on an VBP or SSM ep. I think Genki is made by one of the guys that drives on Hot Version, but I could be wrong. I will add those are the best looking after-market tail lights for the ep3 I've seen so far. I've looked far and wide for a LED tail light assembly, but nobody makes one for our model civic.
    Last edited by sleepy ep3; 02-23-2011 at 09:45 PM.

I think they'd look good on your car, if you want my opinion hahaha. How much do they cost?

These would look really good on a NHBP EP.. I dont think they would look good on anything else.

Definetly a much cleaner look than any of the DIY smoking methods.

on your car, yes they'd look ok. any black ep really but on any other color it would seem out of place

Thanks for the input guys. I am not fond any of the aftermarket tails for the EP3 besides these ones. Even the 04-05 JDM red ones make me think altezza due to the red signals. In fact id rock the 04-05 USDM tails over the JDM pieces. As for these crystal black ones, I think they will look great as some of you have mentioned on a black EP3, even white and silver will work. So black cars, silver cars, and white cars can pull these tails off.

Here is where I found the inspiration...not exactly the same thing but you get the picture:

im in the market for new tails also, not sure about these as i like the contrast of the red tails and the clear/red on 04-05 tails. Mine is also black, got a link to these?

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    im in the market for new tails also, not sure about these as i like the contrast of the red tails and the clear/red on 04-05 tails. Mine is also black, got a link to these?
    Yes sir.

http://www.genkituning.com/2002-2005...cv023sm-ks.htm

I just think these crystal smoked tails will give the ep3 a mean look. Well the ep3 doesnt exactly showcase mean in terms of its body design...more of cute :P yes admit guys...the ep3 is cute. But anyways im a fan of blacked out cars and panda themed cars aka white cars with black pieces...so these tails are a great option for those going for that specific look. Still kinda contemplating on em since im unsure about the quality/fitment. The looks im loving it...no doubt.
    Last edited by DRP967; 02-23-2011 at 11:28 PM.

thanks, you wanna get them first so i see if i like them lol

thanks, you wanna get them first so i see if i like them lol
    So far I have went from 04-05 tails (my EP is an 05 model) to 02-03 tails, then back to 04-05 tails, now back again to 02-03 tails. And now im staying with the 02-03 tails at the moment. I just couldnt make up my mind...I liked the 04-05 tails cause they "freshened" up the EP3 and gave it an up to date look but then missed the clean "dead red" look of the 02-03s. Actually at times i felt the 04-05 looked altezza ish cause of the chrome in em but yeah. Now im stuck again..do I want the 02-03s or should I get these cystal black ones. Ahhhhhhhhhh lol. And btw if some of you guys remember my EP3 design complaint thread...I absolutely dread the bumper removal process to access the taillights. As a matter of fact I just finished swapping in the 02-03 tails about an hour ago. Had a hell of time getting those damn clips back in and negotiating the bumper cover back into place with all the grooves and tabs.
    Last edited by DRP967; 02-23-2011 at 11:35 PM.

thats exactly what im doing, i went from the stock 04 tails since mine is an 04, to my DIY painted tails to look like 02-03 but now i want to go back to 04-05 since it gives that freshened look like you said. I have never been a fan of blacked out tails so im not sure about these

thats exactly what im doing, i went from the stock 04 tails since mine is an 04, to my DIY painted tails to look like 02-03 but now i want to go back to 04-05 since it gives that freshened look like you said. I have never been a fan of blacked out tails so im not sure about these
    Oh yeah same here, forgot that i painted the 04-05 tails back in the day lol.

*Just masked off the circle and used Van's taillight paint. Got the idea from a fellow ephatcher.

It looked different from the 02-03 "dead red" tails in the sense that there were more vibrant/translucent. It was fun while it lasted. The paint was top notch...prolly should have put clear coat and it would have been all good. Although the Van's tail light paint claims it has built in clear.

why are we all of a sudden getting Mark IV GTi handme-downs?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information