Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by 20CiviC02Si View Post
    Just a quicker gear ratio. So faster response is the result.
    I see. Everything helps when your beatin her at the track.

Quote Originally Posted by 02_epdriver View Post
    I see. Everything helps when your beatin her at the track.
    Also it's ribbed for her pleasure!

Corner weight / Balance and Alignment scheduled for next Wednesday, giving myself that deadline to get the car all together. Just waiting on new boots for the caliper pins, because the ones on the car are beat and torn. No sense in replacing the pins and not the boots while i'm at it.

Once all that is complete, then it'll be off to the auto glass shop to get a new windshield dropped in. From there on the savings will begin to make the car better than what it is now.

Next modifications will be rolling fenders in order to fit 225/45/15 R Comps comfortably without rubbing, might have that done the weekend before my frist track day at Gingerman on the 28th of this month. Only going to be running 205/50/15 Hoosiers for the event, but hoping to purchase a set of TR Motorsports 15x7 +25 (BMW E30 Spec) wheels with the 225s on em.

Hopes for having the car ready for Wangfest look bleak..... Nothing can go my way on this build. Turns out that the car only has one ride height, and that is slammed. So now i'm rubbing everywhere.

Attempted to raise the ride height, but there is no more adjustment left in them. They're already maxed.

Plus now i have this metallic scraping noise coming from the brakes when driving. Pulled the wheels off to check to see what the problem is and i can't find anything.

Was supposed to have an appointment to adjust ride height, corner weight and balance, and align tomorrow. Now it's looking like i have to cancel.

SUPER PISSED!

I bought a set o used Koni Sports with Ground Control Sleeves. Seems that it wasn't worth the savings as of now. The threaded sleeve was mounted too low on the shock, that is if it can be adjusted like other koni shocks that is (looking into that now). There is supposed to be a retaining clip that can be mounted in 3 positions on the shock body in order to adjust the height. Well the guy that owned them had them mounted at the lowest point, so even raising the spring perch to the highest point on the collar, the car still sits slammed on stock wheels.

So i have the front shocks off the car and i plan on taking them to my buddy who was going to do the alignment and see what his thoughts are. Also going to grab my 3 Si wheels and the Hoosiers to see if they can be mounted and balanced.

Just pulled the car out of the garage after re-installing the coil-overs. My buddy wanted to see pics of how low the car sat as is. Mind you that the fronts are MAXED as high as they can go.

I had the shocks off and took them to my buddy's shop to see if we could free up the sleeves, however it turns out that they are seized solid. To try and force them off would only ruin the shocks and or sleeve.

You can see in this pic how bad the rubbing is. Look at the outer edge of the tire. Notice anything unusual?

This is just a couple of pics i took of the modified EM1/ITR steering rack before i installed it.

Look what showed up the day after i ordered them! Two 15x7 +42 TR Motorsprots C1 wheels, and two used 225/45/15 Hoosier R6 w/ 5/8ths tread left. Just ordered some Carbotech XP10 front pads, hope they make it to my apartment by the end of next week. Need them for Memorial Day.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information