Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 03K20A3Si View Post
    Looks like it'll be fun on the track :)
    Yeah needs some work here and there. But i'm sure it'll be great on the track. Front end alignment needed desperately!

UPDATES:

Removed the Recaros and prepped them for sale.

Noticed that the carpet was pretty disgusting, so vacuumed and quick shampoo to get the barn smell out of it.

Took over 45 minutes to figure out the seat placement for my Kirkey. Turns out after taking the time it's pretty comfortable. Still wish it sat about 1.5" lower, but i can deal. Another 15 minutes to adjust the harnesses.

Due to the car hitting the wall at the "kink" on RA, the car came with a primer black mirror. Found a nice used Si mirror in black for $25 shipped.

Then just took a quick shot of the engine bay. Very stock......

More to come as it begins to get warmer out.

Stopped at Pegasus and King today to pick up two items to help make life a little easier. Installing the pedal covers tomorrow morning.

Next on the list to buy:

Sparco 345 Steering Wheel and Quick Release Hub.
    Last edited by lordeldor; 01-06-2009 at 06:49 PM.

Two hours of getting in and out of the car, plus running to the hardware store to purchase some longer bolts for the accelerator pedal. The pedal covers are finally mounted! Took my time figuring out placement of them and then got to drilling the holes. Figured that my drill is seriously lacking in power for the task. Luckily my brother had a pretty kick ass drill lying in the garage. Went through like butter after that!

Also got bored with nothing to do today. So i decided to start removing bits of interior starting with the entire center console. It's not much weight savings but it's a start. As my days off go by with nothing to do. I'll carefully disassemble the interior until it's completely gutted. Nothing better to do!

Here are the pics of today's progress:

Also i i took another look at what was causing the hood to be off. Closer inspection found that the passenger side hinge is actually bent. Which is why the hood is so off. Didn't take a pic of the bent hinge, i will once it comes time to replace it or have it bent back into place.

You can tell that the hood is way off just from those two pics. Needs to be fixed eventually!

Wow, I'm surprised the hood even shut being that far off!
    Good pickup on the Skunk2 knob, I love mine (except on a hot day in the sun).

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-X View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised the hood even shut being that far off!
    Good pickup on the Skunk2 knob, I love mine (except on a hot day in the sun).
    Yeah i was talking to Scott at King Motorsports and he made me change my mind on getting a Buddy Club type B knob and going with the weighted Skunk2. Not looking forward to the hot summer days with no a/c to cool it off though. May get something that doesn't conduct as much heat down the road.

Just picked up some replacement OEM headlights for the car. Figured $75 isn't bad for some clean headlights. Now i can replace the ones on the car that are currently held in place by race tape! I'm almost out of broken things to fix on the car. Soon i'll actually start being able to focus on building it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 20CiviC02Si View Post
    Just picked up some replacement OEM headlights for the car. Figured $75 isn't bad for some clean headlights. Now i can replace the ones on the car that are currently held in place by race tape! I'm almost out of broken things to fix on the car. Soon i'll actually start being able to focus on building it up.
    very nice find of 75$ for those headlights. lol pm the,link if there is anymore lol

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using TapaTalk!

Turns out that my headlights weren't OEM as i thought upon purchase. Didn't take the time to inspect them before i handed over the $ 70. That's what i get for taking people's word. Just going to make due with them. It is a race car, i just should have taken the time to inspect them a little more.

Looked over my left shoulder and realized that i still had some Energy Suspension Motor Mount Bushings sitting there. Turns out they work with my B series mounts! Best thing is that i didn't have to buy them, they were given to me when Extreme Parts in Racine was closing down.

Updates:

Just finished a good tune up. NGK plugs and wires, new cap and rotor. Along with a fresh PCV valve which was greatly needed.

I still have a lot planned for the car. However with the lack of overtime my extra budget is limited. So i am taking care of the main priorities on the car before i start diving into expensive modifications.

Little by little this build will progress.

So i have been on hiatus from the online forums mainly due to some drastic changes in my life. I was recently promoted from a correctional officer to a correctional sergeant. The only kicker to the promotion was that i now have to relocate 2 hours north of where i am currently living, which is Racine, WI. Now i will be residing in the small prison town of Waupun, WI. Funny fact about this town, it has two maximum security prisons within a stones throw of each other. The prison population is almost equal to the towns! LOL! It's pretty intense.

Only one major change to the EM1 since the last time i posted. That is that the vinyl graphics have pretty much all been removed. Got tired of everyone trying to race the little underpowered road racer. Any time i would pull up to a stop light i would somehow manage to always be next to some Mustang with a cocky owner. Naturally he would try to blast off when the light turned green, i always ignored it.

So here is what the car is looking like now:

The stock Si wheels have all pretty much been sold, minus two. The car has been equipped with steel wheels with almost new Bridgestone Blizzaks,meant for a Mini Cooper. Bought from a co worker for a deal, $225!

Also i picked up a set of 17x7.5 Kosei K1s from a local for an awesome deal as well. Only $275, pretty much in mint condition minus one wheel which has some minor curbing. Going to source out some used R compound tires, either 225/40/17 or 235/40/17, from JB Racing Tires. Might be able to get some Pirelli Slicks from the world challenge series.

I'll post pics of the kosei wheels sometime later.

Looks alot nice with out the stickers jake

Quote Originally Posted by Coldth1 View Post
    Looks alot nice with out the stickers jake
    Thanks Jason! It'll start coming together come march when i'm not driving it as a daily. Going to start the weight reduction when i move into my new apartment.

Finally got word that I have been accepted at the apartment complex that i applied for. So now i'll finally have a garage to start working in! Looking forward to getting on this project again!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information