Close

Interior lights and tail lights not turning on with headlights

So I live in Michigan and we've had a pretty hard winter. I'm not sure if that's related to the issues my car is having, but I'm assuming it is. About a week ago I realized that not only had my interior lights (cluster and center-stack) gone out, but my tail lights weren't coming on as well. I checked the fuses and they're fine, any ideas on what's up with my car?

Also my temp and fuel gauges aren't working, I'm not sure if that's related or a different problem.

Thanks

this guy...

somebody help him out i had no idea
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Wierd, no fuses were out?

Those two gauges are run by the multiplexor unit, that might have something to do with it.

The interior lights get power from the same circut as the tail lights, so you either have a short or a ground messed up somewhere. I am guessing that the issue is with the power coming into the circut, not the ground.

I will try to help as much as possible, but its hard when the car isnt in front of you, ya know.

Hey buddy!

Yeah, the poor EP just hasn't had a good winter :(

Quote Originally Posted by captaingamez View Post
    Wierd, no fuses were out?

Those two gauges are run by the multiplexor unit, that might have something to do with it.

The interior lights get power from the same circut as the tail lights, so you either have a short or a ground messed up somewhere. I am guessing that the issue is with the power coming into the circut, not the ground.

I will try to help as much as possible, but its hard when the car isnt in front of you, ya know.
    That sounds like a horribly painful process of finding out what's wrong with the car :(

Yeah, I hate to say it but electrical is not usually fun stuff. But on EP3s its usually pretty easy. If you are not electrically inclined you should take your car to someone local who does Hondas. The dealership is good, but will charge an arm and a leg.

Thread Information