Close

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSi View Post
    Do it up. Having an EP owner put their time and effort into something they love would be great for the EP community. I think it would be appreciated by many. Specially when our cars are somewhat rare and not everyone carries parts for them.

I think the gated shifter insert would be a grade idea. I think having the exposed shifter arm would give the car more of a racing/raw feel. Specially to those who strip their cars. I'm also liking ImportCustomx's idea on the intake, having a scoop of some kind to help get the air in the engine. Not a whole lot of air for us running the short intakes.

Best of luck in all.
    ^ I concur!

ill make a mock up picture and show you guys if i get the chance. probably wont be till tomorrow.

Solidworks eh..i better start checking the pirate bay :) a new program to learn!
    be jealous :P

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    i've kinda messed around on autodesk inventor at school making shift knobs and basic stuff but i always thought it would be sick to have some fairly rare unique mods for our car. i bet if you developed one of the shift gate things for the 240sx people would be ALL over it though. also if there was a short shifter in conjunction with the gate for the EP i would definitely be interested. and if things actually hit a large scale you could always do some badass limited run anodized gates in some sick colors. best of luck to you man!

Quote Originally Posted by ImportCustomx View Post
    ill make a mock up picture and show you guys if i get the chance. probably wont be till tomorrow.

Solidworks eh..i better start checking the pirate bay :) a new program to learn!
    Hey! Im working on renderings knock it off haha

Actually mock up of what?
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Anodized black 6 speed gate plz k thanks! D3 style x brace with possibly more clearance with the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    good ideas...and definitely i have to offer something unique or people will just go with brands they know already...

also good point, the shift gates would come in both 5 and 6 speed, i wouldnt leave out the 6 spd people

ya i wished i lived in mass too, but right now i can take my standing job offer in pawtucket soooo im stuck in ohio...thats ok im building my racecar while im here...

i love my illustrator but id probably just use solidworks since i have a copy of that...i appreciate the offer for help
    Great ideas, especially the shift gate... I think that would look great especially with the black dash! You could probably get started with just simple machined pieces at good prices, then work your way up from there after you build a client base and some rep.

And solidworks is a great program, very simple to use and quick. I used it for structural design in college.

Good luck with everything!

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    I like the idea of a new SS

I hope you're able to start something Charley. you're obviously smart enough to get into the aftermarket game.

instead of the gated shifter, how about something like this? Volvo S60R shifter and I love it.

^^^ that would be more fitting for us. The grate seems like a raw 240 kind of drift feel. Hmm..

http://www.ephatch.com/forum//showth...ht=#post853227
    I would buy this box if your or someone made it and sold it. Not just me but a couple of other peeps have asked about it too. You should consider making a box like that one or similar that could save some room in the back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by ace of spades View Post
    I hope you're able to start something Charley. you're obviously smart enough to get into the aftermarket game.

instead of the gated shifter, how about something like this? Volvo S60R shifter and I love it.

Thanks jason! I appreciate it...that is a cool shifter no doubt, but to do that nicely would be a huge undertaking...I mean I know I could figure out how to do it, but it would take a lot of work...

Quote Originally Posted by ep3jd View Post
    ^^^ that would be more fitting for us. The grate seems like a raw 240 kind of drift feel. Hmm..
    Maybe it would be more appropriate, but would be very difficult...just wait till I design it, I want it to look as if it could have been oem...remember you have a car designer on this task
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by ttttrigg3r View Post
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum//showth...ht=#post853227
    I would buy this box if your or someone made it and sold it. Not just me but a couple of other peeps have asked about it too. You should consider making a box like that one or similar that could save some room in the back seat.
    If there is enough interest ill make ANYTHING
    my ep is white...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    If there is enough interest ill make ANYTHING
    make my dreams come true then
    PSN: theehuggybear

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowEP3 View Post
    make my dreams come true then
    Ya see, I think you're the only one with interest in that...now maybe if we start a group buy on your dreams we can make them happen...
    my ep is white...

(replica) d3 xx brace !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information