Close

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    make our ep lighter!

like the ideas posted, I would love to see some suspension items that would make the geometry better for our cars when lowered.

make me 10 replica rad ducts.

In to support anything you decide to make brotha! Sick to see someone do this. I'm so down for a sick gated shifter and ss to match!

Your ideas are Genius! The ephatch.com community can come up with so many ideas to help you in your journey creating different types of car OEM Styled parts/accessories. Specially Custom but still OEM. Like that shifter! Amazing, Hell if you need Guinea Pigs to test ;) Count me in for +1 up! for me. I personally will support you 100% on anything you create specially if it is for our "EP's" Thanks for all the amazing dreams that you will make happen as well as thanks for everything you have done for us here! Will keep excellent thoughts for you and your magnificent future work! Enough saying and start creating!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    Thanks jason! I appreciate it...that is a cool shifter no doubt, but to do that nicely would be a huge undertaking...I mean I know I could figure out how to do it, but it would take a lot of work...

Maybe it would be more appropriate, but would be very difficult...just wait till I design it, I want it to look as if it could have been oem...remember you have a car designer on this task
    I'm going to try to find a S60R shifter and see if I can make the base work on my EP.

but if you get a gated shifter plate made up before April, send me one so I can show it off at the A.C. meet. I'm sure I could take a handful of orders for them there.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    Hey! Im working on renderings knock it off haha

Actually mock up of what?
    of the intake ram air indea i have..Anything i make or what not id send to you..i have no resources to make it..or time.
    be jealous :P

1.) FENDER FLARES!!!
    2.) custom rear hatch sub enclosure. fit a nice 8 or 10 in.
    3.) D3XX brace
    4.) underbody side connectors - to connect XX with V-Brace
    5.) in the CTR, there are braces that connect the front strut to the firewall. They go inside the wiper cowl
    6.) Armrest or something to give you a cockpit feel to rest your arm. Kinda like the MR2 Mk1 and Mk2.
    7.) rear hatch flush insert for us running a gutted EP3. you know that covers the rear trunk and goes to the back seats.
    8.) center aux gauge cluster. Something we can attach to the center dash piece, or a 1piece all in one deal. Make room for three gauges
    9.) ECU security. so that nobody can steal and take your ECU.
    10.) Lower seat rails. make universal to mount Recaros and Status.
    11.) Front LCA with DC5R dimensions and hard rubber bushes
    12.) Bolt-on no need to buy more crap or modify strut hood props.
    13.) Oh shit bar... like the old vettes use to have.

I need more coffee. I'll add more as the day progresses.

Quote Originally Posted by ace of spades View Post
    I'm going to try to find a S60R shifter and see if I can make the base work on my EP.

but if you get a gated shifter plate made up before April, send me one so I can show it off at the A.C. meet. I'm sure I could take a handful of orders for them there.
    Cool man, well im starting prototyping the shifter next week...so well see

Quote Originally Posted by ImportCustomx View Post
    of the intake ram air indea i have..Anything i make or what not id send to you..i have no resources to make it..or time.
    Gotcha man! Wicked thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    1.) FENDER FLARES!!!
    3.) D3XX brace
    5.) in the CTR, there are braces that connect the front strut to the firewall. They go inside the wiper cowl
    6.) Armrest or something to give you a cockpit feel to rest your arm. Kinda like the MR2 Mk1 and Mk2.
    7.) rear hatch flush insert for us running a gutted EP3. you know that covers the rear trunk and goes to the back seats.
    8.) center aux gauge cluster. Something we can attach to the center dash piece, or a 1piece all in one deal. Make room for three gauges

Awesome adrian! Thanks man!!

Im actually strongly considering doing fender flares and have been for a while...that just takes a lot of time and effort since id have to build molds....also difficult since they require an ep to prototype on, and no way in hell im doing it on mine (not that I wouldn't want them but it doesn't work on my build)
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

You can source replacement 1/4 panels from body shops and work off those

Quote Originally Posted by ep3jd View Post
    You can source replacement 1/4 panels from body shops and work off those
    The problem with that, is when off the car, they flex and twist...so it could drastically skew fitment...shit maybe I just need another ep3 haha

Or I could just bite the bullet and spend a couple hundred bucks and build my own laser scanner and scan the fenders of my ep, and build the flares in the computer since I can do surfaces in there and then I can cnc mill foam to make molds off of
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

FRONT SPLITTER! would be sick to see a subtle splitter undernieth my USDM bumper. I have been thinking about drawing up plans, but still need to look where to attach and reinforce it to.

Ok here is my wish list:

One piece strut bars - I know a few exist, but they are either really ugly or are expensive/hard to find.

Straight Pipe Axleback - If people are stupid enough to buy the 400 dollar 5Zigen Superlap, you should have no problem selling these.

Instead of a Gated shifter, make a Carbon fiber block off plate. I have a waterjet here at work, I was thinking about making one for myself.

Some sort of cold air feed kit for the OEM intake. Some guy routed his to the turn signal. I think it would be sweet to have it rout from a fog light bezel (similar to the J's intake scoop for the DC2)

A battery tray for smaller sized batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    1.) FENDER FLARES!!!
    3.) D3XX brace

this is almost my exact wish list esp # 7 i have taken my rear seats out and put them back in a couple of times now and they just dont fit the same. i just dont like the exposed metal and a one piece rear floor would look a lot nicer. but i love the shift gate and would def support any product you put out man .

Nice Charles... Nice!
    Buying another EP/guinea pig FTW!

There may be more demand for EP parts than we may realize. As much as we don't wanna admit/hear it, I think there's a lot of EP owners out there buying shit who aren't on this forum.

Charles, I think you know that I've got some design experience/skill. I haven't really thought about it 'til now, but I'll start putting my mind to coming up with some ideas.

Walking past my car just now. I know I'd LOVE to have a plug to fill the gap the HFP kit has for the front license plate. I know demand might not be the greatest, but production costs may be low enough to make a decent profit and I'm sure almost every HFP Front Lip owner (even in Socal) is like me and doesn't wanna rock a front plate. IDK...

One part (I just/finally noticed lately) that I really want, are a cheaper/decent version of the 04-05 side plastics in the engine bay. (part#'s: 74206-S6D-E00 and 74207-S6D-E00)

OEM parts that are ridiculously expensive are a good target to hit. Like the USDM bumper lights. Those would be a bitch to manufacture, but, as long as they aren't f-ugly (like the eBay ones), those would sell like hotcakes!

I'll start putting some real thought into ideas and PM them to you so I don't, naturally, turn your thread into a novel.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information