Close

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Shift gate ftw!! Count me in if you make one!

Quote Originally Posted by codyep3 View Post
    FRONT SPLITTER! would be sick to see a subtle splitter undernieth my USDM bumper. I have been thinking about drawing up plans, but still need to look where to attach and reinforce it to.
    I COULD make front splitters, but im not going to...that is only because I work with my friend on his motorsports company and we are sponsored by top1 usa(formerly top1aero) and im going to encourage them to develop splitters, canards, and diffusers for the ep3 (they already make them for the dc5) and ill run them on my car cuz mike and julian are awesome and I like supporting them...sooo I wont be stepping on their toes, but ill definitely encourage them to produce them.

Quote Originally Posted by .colin View Post
    Ok here is my wish list:

One piece strut bars - I know a few exist, but they are either really ugly or are expensive/hard to find.

Straight Pipe Axleback - If people are stupid enough to buy the 400 dollar 5Zigen Superlap, you should have no problem selling these.

Instead of a Gated shifter, make a Carbon fiber block off plate. I have a waterjet here at work, I was thinking about making one for myself.

Some sort of cold air feed kit for the OEM intake. Some guy routed his to the turn signal. I think it would be sweet to have it rout from a fog light bezel (similar to the J's intake scoop for the DC2)

A battery tray for smaller sized batteries
    Colin those are all great, ill definitely consider those as well

Quote Originally Posted by k20si02 View Post
    this is almost my exact wish list esp # 7 i have taken my rear seats out and put them back in a couple of times now and they just dont fit the same. i just dont like the exposed metal and a one piece rear floor would look a lot nicer. but i love the shift gate and would def support any product you put out man .
    I like this as well and never understood why no one made this

Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Nice Charles... Nice!
    Buying another EP/guinea pig FTW!

There may be more demand for EP parts than we may realize. As much as we don't wanna admit/hear it, I think there's a lot of EP owners out there buying shit who aren't on this forum.

Charles, I think you know that I've got some design experience/skill. I haven't really thought about it 'til now, but I'll start putting my mind to coming up with some ideas.

Walking past my car just now. I know I'd LOVE to have a plug to fill the gap the HFP kit has for the front license plate. I know demand might not be the greatest, but production costs may be low enough to make a decent profit and I'm sure almost every HFP Front Lip owner (even in Socal) is like me and doesn't wanna rock a front plate. IDK...

One part (I just/finally noticed lately) that I really want, are a cheaper/decent version of the 04-05 side plastics in the engine bay. (part#'s: 74206-S6D-E00 and 74207-S6D-E00)

OEM parts that are ridiculously expensive are a good target to hit. Like the USDM bumper lights. Those would be a bitch to manufacture, but, as long as they aren't f-ugly (like the eBay ones), those would sell like hotcakes!

I'll start putting some real thought into ideas and PM them to you so I don't, naturally, turn your thread into a novel.
    Again, awesome, dude id appreciate any input you have, I know you have the critical thinking to give me thought out ideas...also pm me cuz I need to talk to you about eibach, since ill be coming out for that
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Interior rear X brace.

Quote Originally Posted by STP03BlueSI View Post
    Interior rear X brace.
    I second this!!!!!

Great ideas!

..impatiently waiting to see the shift gate rendering!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...x/7ec48e97.jpg
    how much in parts and labor cost would a box like that run? I started a new thread in Audio to see how many people would order it.

Quote Originally Posted by ttttrigg3r View Post
    http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...x/7ec48e97.jpg
    how much in parts and labor cost would a box like that run? I started a new thread in Audio to see how many people would order it.
    Like I said, if enough people are interested, ill do it...now, the question is do we want a wood box or fiberglass? I can do both, but from what I've always been told a wood box produces better sound, and to be honest, its easier and cheaper to produce...I can't give a price estimate of anything until I prototype it...that's always the tricky part.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

How about replicating the spoon s2000 rear diffuser and making an ep3 fitment version.

Carbon diffuser for hfp rear lip?

Something I'd LOVE to have:
    OEM Replacement Door Checkers (the arms that ARE SUPPOSED TO, BUT HARDLY prop/hold the door open) that actually work! Unless there's a jerry-rig that I'm not aware of...

Part #'s: 72340-S5S-E01, 72380-S5S-E01
    Illustration #'s: 15, 18

I park on a slight sideways slope, deeming these door props an EPIC FAIL! I've even had a few passengers get their shins pretty busted up.

Quote Originally Posted by ep3jd View Post
    Carbon diffuser for hfp rear lip?
    I'm too cheap for CF (I only have the trunk cover), but I'd probably buy one of those. That's besides the point though; For someone just starting off (like Charles here) that's too big/costly of an endeavor to start with. Not everyone has an HFP lip, so there can't be enough demand for that. Besides that (as he's mentioned already) his close buddies focus on aerodynamic parts.

Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post

There may be more demand for EP parts than we may realize. As much as we don't wanna admit/hear it, I think there's a lot of EP owners out there buying shit who aren't on this forum.

One part (I just/finally noticed lately) that I really want, are a cheaper/decent version of the 04-05 side plastics in the engine bay. (part#'s: 74206-S6D-E00 and 74207-S6D-E00)

OEM parts that are ridiculously expensive are a good target to hit. Like the USDM bumper lights. Those would be a bitch to manufacture, but, as long as they aren't f-ugly (like the eBay ones), those would sell like hotcakes!
    Good idea since those are pretty damn expensive.

Plus I'm still stoked for that shift gate! Can't wait to see the outlook.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using TapaTalk!

I'm all over a shift gate, assuming one can be made that will work with the BCSS.
    Also like the door check replacements...my driveway is really, really shallow as far as slopes go, and those weak-ass POS checks never keep the doors open.
    Big big point of contention for me! :D

Charles - you need help with anything: brainstorming, concept, design, ginea pig... whatever, I'll help man. I'll even make phone calls. Been meaning to put this engineering degree to work.

I'm down for some front LCA's. I've been wanting the DC5R ones but don't know what else i need to make it happen.
    Spherical bearings would be awsome.

looking forward to seeing what you can fab up; and if you need another gunea pig..im here for you
    Last edited by EpEpEp; 01-05-2009 at 09:36 AM.
    PSN: theehuggybear

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information