Close

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    hahahaha ^^^^^ true...im pretty sure i would work that part out...i mean depending it could work with a tl MC and prop valve...i mean it all comes down to cylinder capacity proportion front to back...

unless of course as part of the setup i encourage the use of a type s MC from something and then suggest the use of an adjustable proportioning vave i design and/or supply as an option...screw trying tell people exactly what works perfectly, let them do what they think feels best...

again, who knows, im just talking out my ass until i actually get around to making something...ill work on the simple shift gate first
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Wonderful idea man,

BUMP got some sick shit to be made. Yeeeayeah!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    hahahaha ^^^^^ true...im pretty sure i would work that part out...i mean depending it could work with a tl MC and prop valve...i mean it all comes down to cylinder capacity proportion front to back...

unless of course as part of the setup i encourage the use of a type s MC from something and then suggest the use of an adjustable proportioning vave i design and/or supply as an option...screw trying tell people exactly what works perfectly, let them do what they think feels best...

again, who knows, im just talking out my ass until i actually get around to making something...ill work on the simple shift gate first
    ;) Excited and can't wait...
    Like your signature says!

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...
    with your sig by the way!

The shift gate is a really cool idea. I'd be down for that 100%. i'll keep an eye on this thread
    Last edited by turboep32; 01-08-2009 at 06:35 AM.
    THE1986 - 2002 HFP TW EP3

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you, your locked in here with ME!

Jet propulsion.

Also I think a reasonable price for a shifter gate would be about 30$ if you can manufacture them for 10$ or less which is plausible. Also you should think about making them for all makes and models of cars, not limiting yourself to only Honda. I think people in corvettes would love adding that finishing "Ferrari" shift plate touch to their American Ferrari. You would make a killing off people in mustangs as well!! Great idea.

Yeah as I said earlier it gives a really raw feel to the shifter.. I think drift guys would be allllllll over this, and he's got a 240 so once people see them in the 240 they're going to go nuts over it.. I'm sure of that.

And I'm picturing it in a sort of brushed aluminum finish. Even though my dash is black I think it will go great
    Last edited by 27rocks; 01-07-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by satanicboner666 View Post
    Also I think a reasonable price for a shifter gate would be about 30$ if you can manufacture them for 10$ or less which is plausible. Also you should think about making them for all makes and models of cars, not limiting yourself to only Honda. I think people in corvettes would love adding that finishing "Ferrari" shift plate touch to their American Ferrari. You would make a killing off people in mustangs as well!! Great idea.
    there's no way in hell that price will happen unless you want me to cast it out of pot metal and not clean up any of the casting texture or flashing...

machining aluminum is pretty expensive, this isnt going to be cut out of sheet or anything, that would look cheap...my goal is to keep it under $100

if its not cheap enough that i can keep selling them, ill put together a group buy for people willing to put down a little extra so i can get a couple (for the same price as everyone else, i wouldnt make money off a gb)

if its profitable i can make them for other vehicles for sure

Quote Originally Posted by ep3jd View Post
    Yeah as I said earlier it gives a really raw feel to the shifter.. I think drift guys would be allllllll over this, and he's got a 240 so once people see them in the 240 they're going to go nuts over it.. I'm sure of that.

And I'm picturing it in a sort of brushed aluminum finish. Even though my dash is black I think it will go great
    the 240 is really tricky actually because the shifter arm is weighted so its about 1.25" diameter at the point where its coming through the center console...so to sell one for a 240, id have to also make a new shift arm and convince people to ditch the weighted arm for a gated shifter. it also uses a secondary boot which would need to be modified, replaced, or removed...we'll see

as for finishes thats always a possibility, but right now im going to concentrate on the product

ive been doing some measuring and what not, but have been busy, hoping to have a few designs for everyone wednesday, then it goes on hold until sunday or monday because im painting the 240 and have to prep the entire car in 2 days by myself
    Last edited by cow; 01-07-2009 at 08:59 PM.
    my ep is white...

Another thing you can do is fab up an arm rest for the EP3's

Quote Originally Posted by Type_R_Nammer View Post
    Another thing you can do is fab up an arm rest for the EP3's
    I guess...well talk about it after the shifter...or you can get one for a fit that goes in your rear cup holder
    my ep is white...

ok here you go, did a quick rendering (photoshop painting) of what I am thinking for the design

obviously its just the concept...only thing that may change is obviously the size and spacing of the gates, i may reduce the indented dots to 6 instead of 9 to look more like the oem trim ring, and make the numbering look like the honda gauge numbering...that will tie it in nice and make it look oem
    Last edited by RedSiBaron; 03-23-2011 at 07:59 PM.
    my ep is white...

Looks awesome!
    Only critique would be; Upper-case reverse R.

Exited to see this baby come to life!!! :biggrin:

i would prefer if the 1, 3, 5 were one the same line, instead of following the circumference of the circle. same goes for 2, 4, 6, R
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Thanks guys! tommy the only reason I went with the lower case r was because it fit with the letter forms simply, though when I go with the honda letter forms ill use an uppercase r...

As for the the letters following the curvature, i wanted to have even spacing, but the open space between the 3 and 4 and the outside of the circle was just making it look odd...

Like I said all this stuff will change depending on the size and shape of the shift pattern...

Next week ill work on a physical template then move on to a metal fabricated version then a cad model
    my ep is white...

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information