Close

Thread: 10w30, oops

10w30, oops

Just changed my oil and after I poured the oil in, put the cap on, started it up (no crazy noises), let it idle for a bit and then checked the dip stick again I checked the cap for tightness again and almost had a heart attack when I looked at the cap again. I know the car uses 5w30. I wasn't paying attention at the store and picked up the wrong bottles. FUCK. I'm in NJ and it's just starting to warm up but I always let the car warm up before driving and I think the cold winter days are behind us, so I am not too concerned. Also the PO used 10w30, but in Georgia. Anyone else running 10w30 in k20a3?

Quote Originally Posted by anthony. View Post
    Just changed my oil and after I poured the oil in, put the cap on, started it up (no crazy noises), let it idle for a bit and then checked the dip stick again I checked the cap for tightness again and almost had a heart attack when I looked at the cap again. I know the car uses 5w30. I wasn't paying attention at the store and picked up the wrong bottles. FUCK. I'm in NJ and it's just starting to warm up but I always let the car warm up before driving and I think the cold winter days are behind us, so I am not too concerned. Also the PO used 10w30, but in Georgia. Anyone else running 10w30 in k20a3?
    I been running 10w30 no problem. Ever since I went over 100k I been running it. Specially synthetic. You will be alright. Im not sure about the difference in weather. I'm in socal...

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using TapaTalk!

I am at 119k, Mobil1 "fully" synthetic and Mobil1 M1-110 filter. It's going to get changed at 121k with something a little uh, better. Temp here today is 51. 3k will only get me to end of next month anyway.

You're fine Anthony. Don't worry about it, its not like your motor is going to seize for using 10w-30. Temps are mild enough around us now that you really won't see any ill-effect from the 10 over say a 5 or a 0. Thats my 'non-dead of winter' oil weight FYI.
    AkA EX FULL-RACE EP3

Yeah I figured it's fine, just looking for other people to say so too.

Oh no's! Your going to experience higher than normal oil pressure.
    Lol's

Christian

I've been using 10w30 as well. You're fine. Don't over fill though..
    Ed~

OH NO, !!! that will almost instantly start destroying rings pistons and whatever other widgets are using oil......

LOL, you will be fine. We are not expecting sub-zero weather till next year. Dont panic. I have 10w40 in the bitch right now and changed the oil in the ATV's back to 10w50 already.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 03-13-2011 at 01:04 PM.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    OH NO, !!! that will almost instantly start destroying rings pistons and whatever other widgets are using oil......

LOL, you will be fine. We are not expecting sub-zero weather till next year. Dont panic. I have 10w40 in the bitch right now and changed the oil in the ATV's back to 10w50 already.
    LoL you actually made me jumpy hahaha and I know my oil damn your blank empty page haha! Good one! Made my day bruh Thanks!

Thread Information