Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    k20a2 with bolt ons is faster than a s/c a3.

i made 160 whp on a race kit with the a3, dcrh, cai. i lost to a stock fa5

Quote Originally Posted by j0000stin View Post
    k20a2 with bolt ons is faster than a s/c a3.

i made 160 whp on a race kit with the a3, dcrh, cai. i lost to a stock fa5
    wrong. a bolt on rsx will not keep up with a sc a3. i already ran one. the only rsx that ever kept up with me was stage1 junk2 cams + bolt ons and a tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    wrong. a bolt on rsx will not keep up with a sc a3. i already ran one. the only rsx that ever kept up with me was stage1 junk2 cams + bolt ons and a tune.
    funny, i lost to a bolt on rsx and an fa5 with just an intake. all from rolls, so dont judge my driving haha.

i went to modacar on a moderately cold morning and left sad with only 167 to the wheels on the race kit. blame elevation, the temp, or tune but thats what i personally got. thats why im getting a k24a2 swap soon. the a3 is pointless to boost

funny, i lost to a bolt on rsx and an fa5 with just an intake. all from rolls, so dont judge my driving haha.

i went to modacar on a moderately cold morning and left sad with only 167 to the wheels on the race kit. blame elevation, the temp, or tune but thats what i personally got. thats why im getting a k24a2 swap soon. the a3 is pointless to boost
    true the a3 is pointless to boost. ill have to agree with that. i ran the newer si with bolt ons also and still pull on them. i believe im making 235/187 with the race kit + i/h/e not to the wheels though.

if anything he should just start up slow and build up from there. if im correct with whos car he bought that car still has some fairly low miles. might as well enjoy it for what it is and then switch up later.

ive been sc for about a year and a half now. it was fun while it lasted but i want more power, but living in cali kinda ruins the thought of swapping.

edit: i also got tune by shawn church if that matters at all.

edit#2: you sure it was the race kit? that sounds like the street kit kinda numbers lol.
    Last edited by Distance; 03-16-2011 at 09:54 PM.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    I still dont get why u guys think the a3 is so bad. It might not be the best but it still makes decent numbers. Theres people here with there a3 making 300whp on turbos.. 04ep3hatch on his JRSC is making 272 whp. I mean honestly for a DD why would u need anymore than 300whp?

160whp on the JRSC-R something just aint right. Even the lowest dyno in the world shouldnt read that low

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    I still dont get why u guys think the a3 is so bad. It might not be the best but it still makes decent numbers. Theres people here with there a3 making 300whp on turbos.. 04ep3hatch on his JRSC is making 272 whp. I mean honestly for a DD why would u need anymore than 300whp?

160whp on the JRSC-R something just aint right. Even the lowest dyno in the world shouldnt read that low
    i hit 300whp on 12psi on the greddy kit with full 3in exhaust and upgraded injectors. i knew my motor was dying, but even when it was s/c my motor was fine.

on the fa i hit around 265 wheel on 5.6 psi but when put up to 10 psi i hit 308 whp. no doubt the a3 is not great to boost but it all depends on the owner. first off, knowing me im power hungry as fack but after hitting 300whp and wanting more im going to be content with around 275 at the wheels. why? because i want to start "driving" my car. i want to go to buttonwillow this summer and 300 + whp is pointless to me on a track.

edit: im positive it was the race kit haha. i got the street kit, upgaded the pulley and injectors and those are the numbers i got.
    Last edited by j0000stin; 03-16-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post

yes your right, theres a few a3 out theres making good/decent power but with all the parts list totaled up it could cost up to a swap. also having 300 hp is good enough for a dd lol.

yea i got trippy's ep3. im trying to take good care of it and try to make it my own lol my bad for the last post i meant

k20a3, jrsc-r, I/H/E = HP?

Quote Originally Posted by tr1x5tuh View Post
    yea i got trippy's ep3. im trying to take good care of it and try to make it my own lol my bad for the last post i meant

k20a3, jrsc-r, I/H/E = HP?

this is what i made when i had a fujita cai, ws2,dcrh.

currently running a jrrh,comptech icebox, and ws2. prob making a little bit more now.

edit: if you didnt buy his car he would of bought my wheels. lol.

damn thats some pretty good numbers. i comute about 70 miles a fay or less depending on where my work is but i would be satisfied with just keeping up with stock evos and sti and s2k's. its been almost a couple of weeks now since i got his car and i never been picked on so many times on the road lol but hey i loved this car eversince i was 13 so i would be satisfied with 230

this is what i made when i had a fujita cai, ws2,dcrh.

currently running a jrrh,comptech icebox, and ws2. prob making a little bit more now.

edit: if you didnt buy his car he would of bought my wheels. lol.
    what wheels do you have =D

so i just remembered i was wrong i got 187 whp

so i just remembered i was wrong i got 187 whp
    that still sounds like a street kit if anything. what were your mods? stock header and airbox?

that still sounds like a street kit if anything. what were your mods? stock header and airbox?
    nope i was running a race kit with dcrh and cai.

i was so disappointed. q (1gr8ep3) met me there after i got those numbers. the next day i only ran a 14.1 at sac raceway

nope i was running a race kit with dcrh and cai.

i was so disappointed. q (1gr8ep3) met me there after i got those numbers. the next day i only ran a 14.1 at sac raceway
    thats crazy man. i would be really disappointed in your shoes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information