Close

RSX Kit on EP3 HELP NEEDED!!

I'm swapping a k20a2 into my ep3, and installing a supercharger as well. The supercharger is a JRSC RSX race kit. What am I going to need to make it work, other than the norm(injectors, ecu, etc)? Im referring to the belt side of the install. How can I get the RSX kit to work in my EP3?

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    I've already answered your question on two other forums....once again.....

There's a handful of us Ep3 owners with the RSX kit installed. Mine has been on my Ep3 since 2005 with no problems and before I installed mine, a guy from Ephatch and another guy from France had the installed as well. Since that time, Canuck Civic and Illdiesel (used an FG JRSC kit instead) installed their kits with no problems. All you'll need to do is put together a autotensioner or use the JRSC Ep3 tensioner then measure a belt to fit your bp and cp combo. Also you will have to bend or cut your radiator support slightly depending on the size of your bp. Easy as pie. Good luck!

*Last thing; whatever you do, make sure to use the RSX JRSC lower support bracket. As far as I know I'm the only one who has experienced a broken RSX JRSC manifold, but I bought mine used and the previous owner never installed his, which seemed to have caused the breakage.

i responded to you on one of them. I have the JR autotensioner that was supplied for the RSX, would that be good enough? what i would really like is a pic of one mounted on a ep3

I want to thank you for the help, I actually installed the supercharger not so long ago, and I have been enjoying it. I would like to know if anyone else who is running a RSX kit on their EP3, had any issues with the AC lines when they installed the charger.

You'll need to unbolt the brackets to get it to fit on top. It's a VERY tight fit, but it works.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

mmm...torque :D
    Quote Originally Posted by PAPITUYO326 View Post
    You'll need to unbolt the brackets to get it to fit on top. It's a VERY tight fit, but it works.
    what dave said

Thread Information