Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar

Will a Jmercado Lysholm 1600AX kit fit into an Ep3?

Although I am doubtful it will fit because of the passenger headlight. The world will find out today. Pics will be posted afterwards if kit does or does not fit.

im watching!

What?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by civictype_r04 View Post
    What?
    We are going to see if we can get this.....

....to fit into an Ep3 engine bay.

Standing outside the winery's shop/lift as I write this waiting for Jose to show up.

why woldnt it fit? the snout cant extend any farther than the JRSC or the belt wont line up at all. im curious as hell. this blower is a turbo killer

so how did this go? I couldnt make it out... trying to get this 51 gmc ready to paint.

in for results! i was searching everywhere to see if it would fit. i sent jmercado a pm asking if he would be able to make an aftercooler for the ep specific jrsc but he hasnt done it yet

subscribed

Quote Originally Posted by j0000stin View Post
    in for results! i was searching everywhere to see if it would fit. i sent jmercado a pm asking if he would be able to make an aftercooler for the ep specific jrsc but he hasnt done it yet
    I don't think there is enough room in the manifold.

Mugen Replica... do you already have a JRSC RSX kit? Can I ask how much the upgrade is?

As far as I know, I was the third guy to attempt the RSX JRSC attempt and with a Joe McCarthy EPS tensioner plate I was golden.

Jose has a kit that is ALMOST a bolt on endeavor. If you are familiar with the bending/hacking required for the RBC manifold install, than you should be golden. You will also have to cut a tiny bit of your passenger side headlight, although it will still remain completely and perfectly functional. The only unknown issue ATM is our hood hinge. It MAY or MAY NOT need to be modified to install the 1600AX. If anybody else has any other questions, I am sure Jose will be on promptly to answer them.

we have got to sit down and chat, man. I'm really interested in this.

it will fit but you have to mod a few things. there was a thread on this before the last crash
    http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85823
    Last edited by VIZHUNZ02SI; 03-20-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VIZHUNZ02SI View Post
    it will fit but you have to mod a few things. there was a thread on this before the last crash
    http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85823
    Yea, Jose fabricated it on the 05-06 RSX.......there are issues with the 02-04 RSX and Jose wasn't sure if even worse issues lie ahead for the Ep3 (because we have even less clearance than the 02-04 RSX).

So again, I'm not sure how you know that it fit's an Ep3 perfectly, but Jose (who came to the here to check himself) wasn't exactly sure if it would or wouldn't fit? But, it was good to see that it did in fact fit with only a few minor clearance modifications.
    Last edited by MugenReplica; 03-20-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Hello everyone! John, thanks for working with me on the initial phase of this project. Great pleasure meeting you.

OK. The TS from just placing it this way and having the experience with the 02-04 RSX model, i feel extremely confident that this will work with minor work.

On the older RSX the headlight needed a small cut, but after looking at the EP3 design, I think we will not need to touch the head light at all. The RSX just falls inwards more than the EP3 unit i just saw on this car.

The frame should not need cutting around for pulley clearance, just a slight bending to allow you to mount the belt easily.

Time was short for us today and due to a minor difficulty we were unable to install the blower today. We hope to get on this again soon to show what it will look like fully installed on the bay.

The initial news:
    **Fan and radiators will fully clear the system
    **Aftercooling the system or JR with RSX manifold system will be possible as there is plenty of space for Heat exchangers, pump and hoses.
    **The twin screw adapter plate will not be an issue and the only thing we saw was an OEM harness clip above the fan that can be bent forward to ensure full clearance.
    **The windshield washer bottle will need to be relocated somehow or the use of a flexible neck.

here are some of the pics we took today for your pleasure.

Last edited by jmercado567; 03-20-2011 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmercado567 View Post
    Hello everyone! John, thanks for working with me on the initial phase of this project. Great pleasure meeting you.
    Thanks for posting up, Jose! It was more than a pleasure to finally meet you. It was also very good to see that there will be minimal issues with the fitment. I apologize once again for the issues with the install that were of my mistake. Also, I'm sorry for not posting the pics, but I can't seem to get my cell to send them to my email atm.

If anybody has any questions, direct them to Jose. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to help answer them.

Once again, it is more than a pleasure to have met you and chatted Jose. I hope we see more than a few Ep3's around with this kit installed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information