Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmercado567 View Post
    Hello everyone! John, thanks for working with me on the initial phase of this project. Great pleasure meeting you.

OK. The TS from just placing it this way and having the experience with the 02-04 RSX model, i feel extremely confident that this will work with minor work.

On the older RSX the headlight needed a small cut, but after looking at the EP3 design, I think we will not need to touch the head light at all. The RSX just falls inwards more than the EP3 unit i just saw on this car.

The frame should not need cutting around for pulley clearance, just a slight bending to allow you to mount the belt easily.

Time was short for us today and due to a minor difficulty we were unable to install the blower today. We hope to get on this again soon to show what it will look like fully installed on the bay.

The initial news:
    **Fan and radiators will fully clear the system
    **Aftercooling the system or JR with RSX manifold system will be possible as there is plenty of space for Heat exchangers, pump and hoses.
    **The twin screw adapter plate will not be an issue and the only thing we saw was an OEM harness clip above the fan that can be bent forward to ensure full clearance.
    **The windshield washer bottle will need to be relocated somehow or the use of a flexible neck.
    Do you mean the coolant overflow can't see the washer being in the way could be wrong though.

charger seems to sit hella high

Quote Originally Posted by j0000stin View Post
    charger seems to sit hella high
    Dunno if we talking about the same thing but mugenreplica's is sitting on the JRSC I doubt height is much of a concern.

Will the bypass be much of a concern I'm worried about that, I guess we could mount slim fans or get a half radiator and mount it on the drivers side.

seeing as how the charger sits higher than the valve cover or hood latch, hows the hood gunna close?

mmm...torque :D

seeing as how the charger sits higher than the valve cover or hood latch, hows the hood gunna close?
    if you note the throttle body below the twin screw, its not mounted--it was just placed above the old eaton unit for dimensional reference

this is horribly tempting--john, you are a really bad man lol

Jose, can you PM a price for the kit you offer with installation?
    Please be aware that I have a k24a2 swap.

i don't have a RSX JRSC-R kit yet, so what will I be needed to supply other than the manifold?

This TS setup on an EP is so gonna be epic. i'm more siked about this than a Rotrex kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post

i don't have a RSX JRSC-R kit yet, so what will I be needed to supply other than the manifold?

This TS setup on an EP is so gonna be epic. i'm more siked about this than a Rotrex kit.

I would like more info on such a setup as well... I think i might go this route now than a rotex.

Quote Originally Posted by lldiesel386ll View Post
    if you note the throttle body below the twin screw, its not mounted--it was just placed above the old eaton unit for dimensional reference

this is horribly tempting--john, you are a really bad man lol
    oh stupid me haha. i didnt even notice

you got me rolling man.. too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Dunno if we talking about the same thing but mugenreplica's is sitting on the JRSC I doubt height is much of a concern.
    Will the bypass be much of a concern I'm worried about that, I guess we could mount slim fans or get a half radiator and mount it on the drivers side.
    The bypass is not a problem the way i run it. I will be building two new kits soon. So I will show you how that works.

And with a K24 even sicker. Price is dependend on application. Better to email me and work your personal needs.
    In average pricing is around $4500+, but you get what you pay for and then some...

Quote Originally Posted by skoolnu View Post
    I would like more info on such a setup as well... I think i might go this route now than a rotex.
    This will just bolt right on with no crazy piping or loosing your AC. :)

I don't think there is enough room in the manifold.

Mugen Replica... do you already have a JRSC RSX kit? Can I ask how much the upgrade is?

I need it! :X
    But I have a feeling this thing would blow an a3 to shreds. So I need a motor first :(

Jose are you running a k24 or k20 in your rsx?

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Do you mean the coolant overflow can't see the washer being in the way could be wrong though.
    I'm thinking you're thinking right.

K20. It will not blow it to schredds... lol. just the tires.... keep your boost moderate and you will be fine.

This pic is interesting. I had to relocate my coolant overflow tank to my driver side fenderwell for my RSX JRSC Install in my K24 EP.

Jose, send me some information on your kit.
    Last edited by PAPITUYO326; 03-21-2011 at 09:55 PM.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

ephatch member
    props for doing this! i was thinking about this the other day.

Quick clarification. The cost I mentioned include a brand new jackson racing manifold kit and supporting hardware.

That way you can sell your kit and get some investment back.

Quote Originally Posted by jmercado567 View Post
    Quick clarification. The cost I mentioned include a brand new jackson racing manifold kit and supporting hardware.

That way you can sell your kit and get some investment back.
    Is there anyway you can buy a kit reusing the current RSX manifold that I own? Just curious about it, the other way is more logical though.

Are you and Mugen planning to install this on his car or it was just to sort of see if it would work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information