Close

02rsx base ecu for ep3 kpro?

I have an 02 ep3. and was wondering if i could use an 02 rsx ecu that i have laying around my house to send in for kpro. kproing my daily and cant afford to lose my car for a week. just curious. thanks guys

why can't you? it should work if it is k-pro'd.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    why can't you? it should work if it is k-pro'd.
    well my buddy gave it too me. its an automatic rsx ecu. im not 100% that an auto ecu would work.

Quote Originally Posted by eptwah View Post
    well my buddy gave it too me. its an automatic rsx ecu. im not 100% that an auto ecu would work.
    Sorry to tell you the bad news, but it won't work.

Taken from the KPRO section on Hondata.com:

Application Notes

Base maps are included only for K20A2, K20A3 (RSX Base), K20A3 (Civic SI) and K20A engines.
    The 2002- CRV ECU (5 speed) (PPA -A0# ECU) can be used.
    Support for the manual K20A3 engine and the secondary intake runner as used in the base model RSX and CRV.
    The Japanese PRD and PRC ECU do not support a fuel tank pressure sensor required for some US emissions tests, but will likely pass a tailpipe sniffer test if the catalytic converter is in place.
    PNF, PPA and PND ECUs for 5 speed transmissions will not operate the reverse lock solenoid on 6 speed transmissions.
    The K-Pro ECU will not work on Automatic vehicles. Automatic ECUs cannot be converted to manual.
    To use the K-Pro on a 2005-2006 RSX, an adapter harness is required, an 02-04 specially modified ECU must be modified for used and the primary oxygen sensor from an 03-04 must be used.
    Turn around time is usually 2 days from the time it is received.

I have my stock PNF ECU if you need an extra one to KPRO. I already have a PRB KPRO ECU so no worries. PM me if you want to purchase it.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    Sorry to tell you the bad news, but it won't work.

Taken from the KPRO section on Hondata.com:

Application Notes

Base maps are included only for K20A2, K20A3 (RSX Base), K20A3 (Civic SI) and K20A engines.
    The 2002- CRV ECU (5 speed) (PPA -A0# ECU) can be used.
    Support for the manual K20A3 engine and the secondary intake runner as used in the base model RSX and CRV.
    The Japanese PRD and PRC ECU do not support a fuel tank pressure sensor required for some US emissions tests, but will likely pass a tailpipe sniffer test if the catalytic converter is in place.
    PNF, PPA and PND ECUs for 5 speed transmissions will not operate the reverse lock solenoid on 6 speed transmissions.
    The K-Pro ECU will not work on Automatic vehicles. Automatic ECUs cannot be converted to manual.
    To use the K-Pro on a 2005-2006 RSX, an adapter harness is required, an 02-04 specially modified ECU must be modified for used and the primary oxygen sensor from an 03-04 must be used.
    Turn around time is usually 2 days from the time it is received.

I have my stock PNF ECU if you need an extra one to KPRO. I already have a PRB KPRO ECU so no worries. PM me if you want to purchase it.
    Well thats a bummer! Oh well it was worth a shot. Thanks for the info man!

oh, it's automatic?

Sorry for the late response, but USAF EP3 nailed it.

Thread Information