Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help me decide what to mod first!

I just bought a black 2005 Civic Si. I pick it up on the 31st of March. I've been researching what mods to do first and i need help from some experts. Since the V-Tec recycles the air one of my friends told me to start with cold air intake, intake manifold, headers, ect. But then i heard it would just be good idea to work on the suspension because when tuned right Si hatchbacks can take turns at like 60 or higher. I just want help deciding what i should buy and where to start. Please help, all comments welcome.

what do you want to do with the car? set a goal and work towards it instead of throwing money left and right and having a mish-mosh of parts
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

i think i wanna work on the engine first and then move to the suspension/wheels. so saying that, what should i start with?
    Last edited by fatathaland; 01-08-2009 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bpaverill View Post
    i think i wanna work on the engine first and then move to the suspension/wheels. so saying that, what should i start with?
    a swap either k24a1 or k24a2. but if you can't afford k pro and the swap then i suggest starting out with the basic bolt ons. but you'll always be craving for more power.

if you want to do engine first, start with kpro...thats around $1000 right off the bat but so worth it in the long run. I see your from jersey, check out this thread there is a huge meet in atlantic city in mid april

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...Tropicana-Meet

start with tires,
    then get a good alignment
    next brakes
    After that do suspension - bushings, coilovers, CTR or USDM DC5 sways, CTR braces

get back to us when your done with that.

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    if you want to do engine first, start with kpro...thats around $1000 right off the bat but so worth it in the long run. I see your from jersey, check out this thread there is a huge meet in atlantic city in mid april

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...Tropicana-Meet
    I agree, K-pro is a must and you can either get it now or later depending on your options though but either way you'll have it get it somehow.

BTW, I have k-pro if anyone wants it for $1000 PNF ECU. Never did use it. I bought it a while back but change of plans. And I don't need your ECU.

Quote Originally Posted by R34L-St4tus View Post
    a swap either k24a1 or k24a2. but if you can't afford k pro and the swap then i suggest starting out with the basic bolt ons. but you'll always be craving for more power.
    ^^^
    THIS! kpro, swap, and throw suspension somewhere in there

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    start with tires,
    then get a good alignment
    next brakes
    After that do suspension - bushings, coilovers, CTR or USDM DC5 sways, CTR braces

get back to us when your done with that.

This.

I'm a fan of handling first then power.

Rims
    Tires
    Struts or Full Coilovers
    Cambers
    Kpro
    swap or FI
    strut and sway bars
    list goes on and on and on...

Aren't engine swaps a butt load of money? I mean I make good money but idk. Thanks a lot guys I'm sure ill have more questions when it comes to best parts for hp gains. What does everyone think about magnaflows exhaust that looks like the stock one? Is it any good?

greddy turbo kit and kpro..for instant satisfaction......motor swap later on :)

Quote Originally Posted by bolaep3 View Post
    Struts or Full Coilovers
    Cambers
    Rims
    Tires
    Kpro
    swap or FI
    strut and sway bars
    list goes on and on and on...
    fixed

T i might have to pick up that pnf kpro. or our new member "yrall" will eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    start with tires, then get a good alignment, next brakes. After that do suspension - bushings, coilovers, CTR or USDM DC5 sways, CTR braces - get back to us when your done with that.
    X3!
    Basically work on your components that affect safety (and reliability) first! An intake would be a good first mod so you can actually hear the vtec - but whoever told you that the vtec "recycles air" is an idiot.. Whoever told you the car can handle "corners over 60" is an idiot also - don't listen to those people or you will risk your car, your life, and perhaps our lives as well. Good luck and happy modding!

yeah i dont plan on throwing my car around i respect my cars so much. i also have a Evo X for the winter i just wanted something to play around with.
    But what does everyone seriously think about the Magnaflow dual rear exit cat-back? i don't want an exhaust that sounds really ricer-ish. I saw a video on youtube of an si on a dyno that sounded like an sti, does anyone know why or how to achieve that sound?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information