Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ifyou dont like the fart can look gowith a spoon n1 mugen twin loop or toda exhaust i mean they are exspensive but woth it if u want somethin cheap go with the magnaflow setup and maybe a glass pack

First, I'd start with a quick evaluation of the car. If the tires are good, the cars running well, and you've identified items that are replaced with aftermarket stuff, Or if you're sure it's stock,

- Start with an intake. It's pretty cheap, increases HP slightly throughout the rpm range, small increase in mileage, can be installed easily from home without even jacking up the car. There are many different brands (and prices), I went with name brand because I wanted good fitment and to be assured there was a place to put all the sensors back. The only trick I'd say to it is not to break your AAV when you remove the stock air box. I also use Armor-All on the hoses to make them let go easier. (it is a plastic/rubber lubricant after all.)

- Next, I'd buy a larger rear sway. I'd either pick a CTR/ITR or DC5, something that fits, comes with the bushings and is cheap. I wouldn't go above 22mm in thickness on those, as for non-honda brands, I doubt they'll give you a spring rate or anything like that, but don't go too crazy, because It will change how the car feels when you steer. This is a little trickier of an install. The car will need to be on jack stands, and you'll need to use the jack to pre-load the suspension. Also, I cut my end-links off and replaced them, (with sealed OEM end-links) it made the job a lot easier/quicker. And while your down there, it doesn't hurt to lube all the suspension parts. As for driving test it out a little in a parking lot. It shouldn't make you fishtail too much, and should correct some understeer. Take it easy at 60mph+ or in the rain till you get used to how the car handles. This is also a good place to start when you figure out how much over/under steer you want out of the car.

These are probably the two easiest mods to do to the car when it comes to performance. And their effects are subtle. But it's a good place to start, and will get you familiar with car.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bpaverill View Post
    yeah i dont plan on throwing my car around i respect my cars so much. i also have a Evo X for the winter i just wanted something to play around with.
    But what does everyone seriously think about the Magnaflow dual rear exit cat-back? i don't want an exhaust that sounds really ricer-ish. I saw a video on youtube of an si on a dyno that sounded like an sti, does anyone know why or how to achieve that sound?
    loosen a spark plug hahaha

UEL header gets you that sound. Recent K-series turbo manifolds are based on this design.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information