Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

turtle wax black box

AMAZING!!! its unbelievable.. i love it. and it smells good. the black wax fills in the chips and swirls so theres no white residue anywhere. i highly recomend this for black cars.. could work well on a dark car like blue or green or something but def black.

where did you get it? autozone?

i second the shit out of this thread, its like 20 doll hairs but well worth it, my car always looks so damn fresh afterwards

autozone,advance. etc. walmart has a big spray bottle of the black box spray i just bought. works amazing to.. the black box is a pain in the ass. because it takes so fucking long. but its so worth it.

It is worth it, awesome for 20 bucks!

No swirls sound good but what about holograms?
    Also is it a wax or a compound? How many washes does it take to wash the fillers out till you see the road chips again?

they actually make this for blue cars too ive used it its good, i prefer either turtle wax ice or nu finish personally

Quote Originally Posted by blueandgoldep3 View Post
    they actually make this for blue cars too ive used it its good, i prefer either turtle wax ice or nu finish personally
    Link?

I've used the turtle wax ice and didn't like it too much. I could be applying it wrong though :/ Maybe I'll try out the black box.

Black box is the way to go, its comparable to a good detail job if you are willing to invest 3 hours in it. 20 bucks worth spending unless you want to go swisswax.

just did the black box detail today. i agree is def. worth the money however i didnt really see much of a difference in luster of the finish. it did fill swirl marks and smaller chips accordingly, but i get the same exact look (shine, depth, appearance) from just doing the tw black quick detailer. either way the two bottles of the black quick detailer spray it came with made it worth the 15 bucks in itself

Kimber Raptor II Drunken Yak inc's Avatar
    I'm a Griots Garage whore... I don't use fillers to cover swirl marks, I buff with a fine compound then apply wax. In fact, I spent 6 hours today detailing Racheal's exterior.

I started off with Griots Garage fine glass polish on the windows, then bathed her and then used a clay bar before machine polishing and waxing. Today was the first time in 6 months I've needed to polish because of swirl marks, and I only had swirl marks because my dumb ass used a dry microfiber to wipe off a couple of finger prints the other day.

Good man! Proper correction is the way to go. Sounds like you've got your methods down Yak.
    "Waxing" with stuff like this just fills all the chips and scratches with glaze to trick the eye. It won't last, and it won't make a big difference.

ya thats fine and dandy if you have no life and can divot 6+ hours to detail a car that i am willing to bet ends up looking just as good as my 2 hour detail. good for you if you use the best products and take the most time on the finish, its just overkill to do it every time because its just going to get destroyed by everyday weather, driving, among the few. For those of us whom have children, its not like i can say " you know what, i am gonna go and spend 6 hours detailing my honda civic today, Evan you can watch some mickey mouse all day right?" don't know your backround of course just making assumptions but really at the end of the day your detailing a fucking civic

2 hours, and the right products/methods can do a hell of a job with correction, even on a low budget.

I wasn't trying to offend. I just hate seeing people spend their time and hard work on something that won't last and isn't doing any real correction. I'll agree that the Black Box does work well on really cleaning up the look of scratches that dull the finish, it does look good afterwards. I'm just more for permanency.
    Last edited by whatsvtec; 04-22-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information