Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ep3k20 View Post
    ya thats fine and dandy if you have no life and can divot 6+ hours to detail a car that i am willing to bet ends up looking just as good as my 2 hour detail. good for you if you use the best products and take the most time on the finish, its just overkill to do it every time because its just going to get destroyed by everyday weather, driving, among the few. For those of us whom have children, its not like i can say " you know what, i am gonna go and spend 6 hours detailing my honda civic today, Evan you can watch some mickey mouse all day right?" don't know your backround of course just making assumptions but really at the end of the day your detailing a fucking civic
    please, just shut up. just because you don't have the free time or desire to "detail a civic" doesn't mean nobody else should. i don't care if my car is a civic, i love putting in the extra time to make it look great. does your paint look like this in direct sunlight after the "black box" 2 hour detail?

oh and after a quick wax it does still look like this, never got "destroyed" even through a utah winter by "everyday weather or driving"

Wanna spoon?

Quote Originally Posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    please, just shut up. just because you don't have the free time or desire to "detail a civic" doesn't mean nobody else should. i don't care if my car is a civic, i love putting in the extra time to make it look great. does your paint look like this in direct sunlight after the "black box" 2 hour detail?

oh and after a quick wax it does still look like this, never got "destroyed" even through a utah winter by "everyday weather or driving"
    and just so were clear no one likes utah and your winters dont have shit on colorado. my car is not full of swirl marks and chips, as the entire car has been wet sanded and buffed before. that process took three days to complete, so in doing so the mirror reflection it puts off does not require a ton of detail to put back right. i am saying my quick detailer after washing the vehicle makes my car look impeccable and i too can read a goddamn news paper within its reflection. my entire gripe is that i do not nor want to take 6+ hours each and every week to detail the latter, as it becomes asinine rather fast. the black box detail i TRIED out was to see if the luster and/or depth was improved, which is was not "by a whole lot" so dont be so quick to tell me to shut up ski cuntry. not sure if its reflection is good take a good look
    http://www.nitnoi.net/misc/IMAG0091.jpg
    Last edited by ep3k20; 04-22-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: fggh

Kimber Raptor II Drunken Yak inc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ep3k20 View Post
    ya thats fine and dandy if you have no life and can divot 6+ hours to detail a car that i am willing to bet ends up looking just as good as my 2 hour detail. good for you if you use the best products and take the most time on the finish, its just overkill to do it every time because its just going to get destroyed by everyday weather, driving, among the few. For those of us whom have children, its not like i can say " you know what, i am gonna go and spend 6 hours detailing my honda civic today, Evan you can watch some mickey mouse all day right?" don't know your backround of course just making assumptions but really at the end of the day your detailing a fucking civic
    Actually, I'm a divorced father of three, and I had my two youngest (6yo and 7yo) yesterday, even though it was not my weekend, and they helped me with my project. And no offense, but my car is pretty fucking spotless, considering it was freshly repainted last year (except the roof), so I doubt your car looks as good. But I would bet your car looks a lot better then my daily driver. Look man, I applaud you for doing what you can to keep up the appearance of your car, but with a little more time and some sort of compound you could actually fix the problem instead of covering it. Hell, if you lived closer I would offer to help you.

Oh, and it doesn't matter what badge the car wears, I am anal about taking car of my stuff, you should see how organized my toolboxes are lol.

Edit: as I have said previously, this is the first time in 6 months I've needed to remove swirl marks. Normally I just wash her twice a week (by hand of coarse) and a bimonthly waxing. I wouldn't have had swirl marks had I not wiped her down with a dry rag.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    Good man! Proper correction is the way to go. Sounds like you've got your methods down Yak.
    "Waxing" with stuff like this just fills all the chips and scratches with glaze to trick the eye. It won't last, and it won't make a big difference.
    Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Yak inc View Post
    Actually, I'm a divorced father of three, and I had my two youngest (6yo and 7yo) yesterday, even though it was not my weekend, and they helped me with my project. And no offense, but my car is pretty fucking spotless, considering it was freshly repainted last year (except the roof), so I doubt your car looks as good. But I would bet your car looks a lot better then my daily driver. Look man, I applaud you for doing what you can to keep up the appearance of your car, but with a little more time and some sort of compound you could actually fix the problem instead of covering it. Hell, if you lived closer I would offer to help you.

Oh, and it doesn't matter what badge the car wears, I am anal about taking car of my stuff, you should see how organized my toolboxes are lol.

Edit: as I have said previously, this is the first time in 6 months I've needed to remove swirl marks. Normally I just wash her twice a week (by hand of coarse) and a bimonthly waxing. I wouldn't have had swirl marks had I not wiped her down with a dry rag.
    again, i am not trying to cover swirl marks or chips or anything, i am saying i TRIED the product to see how well it performed. i can say if i really wanted to i could spend 6 hours detailing my car but as an anal retentive person as i am, i literally wash my car each and every week and mainly just try to protect its finish in between super detail jobs that uses professional compounds and such. my cars finish is probably the nicest of any black car i have ever owned to date and agreed even tho its a "civic" i too still try to maintain the highest level of clarity when it comes to my finish on my car. i would not dump 15k into a cars motor aside from its resale value just to let the car's paint to go to shit. i was using the reference of honda civic purely as example. it was not intented to offend anyone, so if it did, my apologies. im not starting a shit storm and i know i am not the only person with kids, but as busy a person i am, it is rather hard to fully detail 4 cars that i do own. just to clarifiy, my car is also spotless. the fact that the car is now pushing almost ten years old and looks BETTER than brand new si's off the lot says a lot. i have countless people ask the car has been re painted, and are blown away when i say all original paint. i think you may have me all wrong lol my car does not have cosmetic problems whatsoever, (ok maybe one or two blemishes) i was merely stating that in the amount of 6+ hours that it takes you to "fully detail" your car, mine will guarantee look just as good in the amount time of 2+ hours due simply to the fact that it has been garaged its whole life, and the fact it has been wet sanded and buffed last year. quick detailer is solely meant to deepen the shine and give a TEMPORARY coat to the car in between washes....which is every week
    Last edited by ep3k20; 04-22-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    so you're saying you've done a major detail before and you're knocking on it as if it's a waste of time?

the previous owner of my car fucked the paint up royally, so it's not my fault that i have to spend a little more time to get it looking good. had i owned mine right off the lot like you maybe i could get away with a more simple approach.

Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    No swirls sound good but what about holograms?
    I have problems with spooks and ghouls in my paint.

I always use Meguires Tech wax. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy ep3 View Post
    I have problems with spooks and ghouls in my paint.

I always use Meguires Tech wax. Love it.

I have a unopened bottle of this in my garage for over a year, I've been meaning to try it but keep forgetting about it every time I wax. Ever used Zymol? And if so, how does it compare?

You guys need to update your wax selection! Check out some Poorboy's World EX-P sealant w/Carnauba or P21S Concours Carnauba Wax.

You guys need to update your wax selection! Check out some Poorboy's World EX-P sealant w/Carnauba or P21S Concours Carnauba Wax.
    I've had my eye on some shit from Germany... Just not sure if the cost is worth the results.

What you lookin' at from Germany? I use Wolfgang 3.0 sealant at work, and recently on my car. Comparable to the Poorboy's EX w/carnauba

Definitely upgrade from parts store/walmart waxes. Zymol is a good product, we use it occasionally at work for various things. But definitely treat yourself to a good sealant or wax.

Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax. $175.

So far -on dark vehicles- I haven't found a wax that gives a deeper look Then Zymol, or is as smooth to the touch. I seriously support a chub when I run the back of my hand on a fender after waxing with Zymol... The only downside is that the smoothness only lasts until the first or second wash after the initial application. What's your preferred method for application? Machine or by hand?

Sealants I apply by machine(PC with finishing pad on 3.5-4.5), and wax by hand(w/microfiber towel or foam applicator). Always removed by hand with a brand new MF towel.

We use the Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Wax at work, I LOVE it. Super deep reflection, tons of added gloss. It's a great top coat wax. If you pick up some of the Fuzion Estate, definitely pick up a sealant to wax with before. The Fuzion looks great, but doesn't last as long as sealants. Because of that, I usually layer 1-2 coats of sealant and then a top coat of a nice wax like Fuzion. It's definitely worth the money for it.

Sealants I apply by machine(PC with finishing pad on 3.5-4.5), and wax by hand(w/microfiber towel or foam applicator). Always removed by hand with a brand new MF towel.

We use the Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Wax at work, I LOVE it. Super deep reflection, tons of added gloss. It's a great top coat wax. If you pick up some of the Fuzion Estate, definitely pick up a sealant to wax with before. The Fuzion looks great, but doesn't last as long as sealants. Because of that, I usually layer 1-2 coats of sealant and then a top coat of a nice wax like Fuzion. It's definitely worth the money for it.
    Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it, although my wallet doesn't! What sealer would you recommend for that wax?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information