Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The fitment case for avic d3

Hey can someone please give me a link for that kit? I can not seem to find it under the search... Also is there a diy out there for the install? I searched throw the diy and how to sections and found nothing. Thanks alot guys

Wurd.
    I think you are looking for the Metra dash kit... Best Buy stocks them, iirc. Also, as far as install goes, it is very similar to any aftermarket head unit. However, you could also try avic411.com and I am sure you will find a tonne of information there.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechEP3 View Post
    Canada has the Eh?3 Know what I'm talking aboot?

Metra 99-7860
    or
    Scosche HA1710B

If you don't mind waiting, you can get one for 25-50% off on Amazon. Most audio shops and Best Buy charge MSRP.

you know what has me second guessing if I want a double din? The fact that the unit can't sit flush. Is it does, the screen is tilted to the passenger.
    is you want is plumb your going to have the unit stick out a tiny bit on the lower right hand side.

hmm, it doesnt sit flush at all? out of those 2 kits which one is best? and what are my options if i dont use the double din kit?

I installed a Pioneer 3200DVD in my EP and it does not sit flush with the Metra kit. It kinda angles up and towards the drivers side. I'm sure there is a way to make it sit flush but I haven't messed with it yet. It may require a little trimming and possibly redrilling holes in the mounting bracket. Not a biggie, but I just haven't had time to play around with it.

dang, so which one of those two sit the most most flush? i want to install my avic and need to know soon

Wurd.
    I have the Metra kit, and it does not sit flush with the unit. It does sit perfect in with the surrounding dash console. I intend to re-fit my avic by re-drilling holes in the bracket that holds it in, then I can mess around with getting it perfect while the whole center console piece is removed from the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTechEP3 View Post
    Canada has the Eh?3 Know what I'm talking aboot?

Quote Originally Posted by shanewdude View Post
    I have the Metra kit, and it does not sit flush with the unit. It does sit perfect in with the surrounding dash console. I intend to re-fit my avic by re-drilling holes in the bracket that holds it in, then I can mess around with getting it perfect while the whole center console piece is removed from the car.
    Yup. Same as mine. The dash surround fits perfect in the dash, but the actual radio sits kinds funky. Redrilling the mounting bracketand some minor trimming should fix it though.

i've had a d3 in my car for a few years now. Forget which dash kit i used tho, toook me almost 3 weeks to find one that was the proper one.

The bottom right of my screen pokes out a bit. It has nothing to do with the actual unit, but more with the way our dash is shaped. It's not flat, it kinds curves. It's not really all that noticebale, and i acutally like it better the way it sits, angled just ever so slightly towards me, very slightly, barely noticeable if at all.
    Last edited by powdbyrice; 01-09-2009 at 11:16 AM.

see if its not that big of a deal, then im just going to get the metra kit and use that

let us know how fitment is. Try to take good pics.

I just installed a trim ring. Radio does not stick out on the passanger side. If I want to I can chop up the factory radio and make a fake cover. (just to lazy)

Here is the link to the part I used: ??? almost postive this is it.
    http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...u=05714214000P

If you go this route the radio bracket will have to be drilled to allow the radio to sit farther back and the trim will have to be glued to the dash face.

Last edited by Mini-Odyssey05; 02-26-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Here is a pic of my Pioneer DVD unit in my EP. You can see that the radio surround fits perfectly flush, but the unit itself it crooked a bit. This is the Metra kit also.

wow!!! ^^^^ that fits like shit!!

ya my advice is take the time to modify the mounting bracket and MAKE it fit...it cant be that hard
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information