Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Also, do you have a link to said NWP build page?

Yeah, I got these installed.

I'm the guy from London, that 88CRX referrred too. Had them on the car about a year.

Here's a few pics:

Sexy car TypeRiter. What are your wheel/tire specs?
    I do want those fenders.

I actually REALLY, REALLY like these. I would have to get the edm mirrors thou and that all = $ which I would rather spend on boost !!! That explaing the lack of visual expression my car currently has... function > form

Here's Kazuo San car:http://typeriting.co.uk/?tag=js-racing

Attachment 5237Attachment 5238

I like the look. Gives the car the wide wheel bulge look reminiscent of the S2000.

Nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by PRODIUS View Post
    Here's Kazuo San car:http://typeriting.co.uk/?tag=js-racing

Attachment 5237Attachment 5238

I like the look. Gives the car the wide wheel bulge look reminiscent of the S2000.

Nice find!
    Nice :)

That's my blog site. It needs updating though LOL - I'm working on it :-)
    Last edited by TypeRiter; 08-10-2011 at 09:41 AM.

shit! that fender looks like it ligns up pretty damn good!

Yeah man, the fit is awesome - however the part needs a lot of refinishing and preparation - before they can be sprayed - unlike Mugen parts for example... that are good for a coat of primer then paint.

Quote Originally Posted by TypeRiter View Post
    Yeah man, the fit is awesome - however the part needs a lot of refinishing and preparation - before they can be sprayed - unlike Mugen parts for example... that are good for a coat of primer then paint.
    How do you like the fitment and the quality of the material. Do you drive your car daily? Any problems with chipping, cracking or anything at all with the fiber glass fenders? Do you still have your fender liner? What's your drop? Sorry for all the questions? Where were you on the night of february 16th? LOL...

I bought a pair as well, just waiting on their arrival. What are the specs of your wheels? Are you running any spacers at all? What's your camber setting?
    Quote Originally Posted by nmysiismyn View Post
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    "What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun."

-King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by MadLorEP3 View Post
    How do you like the fitment and the quality of the material.
    The fitment is spot on - hopefully the pictures capture the fitment nicely. The quality is as any other authentic CFRP JDM part that I have purchased from Japan. The Mugen items are better prepared - this is a bit raw, and requires a lot of prep work (sanding at the edges etc.)

Do you drive your car daily?
    Kinda, but then Kinda not... I would say it's not a daily driver - but that's not through choice - I walk to work as it's a mile away, when I need to use the car, I use the Civic - I have a Nissan for family stuff though.. So yes and no, if you know what I mean.

Any problems with chipping, cracking or anything at all with the fiber glass fenders?
    Chipping No... but there is a tendency that they could crack.. They are pretty delicate - but I wouldn't say they would snap "just like that". There is a degree of flex in th fibre-reinforced plastic.

[quote]Do you still have your fender liner?[quote]

Yes. And all of the holes and retaining clips line up perfectly. You might need to slightly grind out the holes though so that they are wide enough to take the push-rivet clips without damaging the fender. You don't necessarily need to use the clips at the edge of the fender liner/arch - as it's very snug after the ones behind the wheel are fitted. I mean it doesn't hang down/sag or anything like that.

What's your drop?
    -60mm to -65mm all round.

Sorry for all the questions?
    It's cool B. I wish I knew of someone who could have answered these questions for me when I first bought mine... I had to go through a lot of trail and error - different ride heights, 3 sets of JDM wheels, spacers, no spacers, wheel specs and wheel fitments.. It took me 9-months to get them looking how they are now, and if I'm honest - I may get wider wheels in the future... Nightmare.

Where were you on the night of february 16th? LOL...
    In bed with my girl.. I think... maybe it was another girl.. actually.... fck that.. stick to the fenders LOL.

I bought a pair as well, just waiting on their arrival. What are the specs of your wheels? Are you running any spacers at all? What's your camber setting?
    Nice.

My specs are Advan RZ - GTR Face: 17 x 8 + 30 (front) with 5mm spacer & 17 x 8 +35 (back) on 205/40/17. I would have gone 215/40/17 up front - but my tyre store was out. 215/40/17 won't fit on the rear until I roll the fender, as I'm too low.

Ideally I will roll the fender and go 215/40/17.

Yes I'm running decent camber; approx:: -3.6 degrees up front and similar at the back. If I ran less camber, I think my wheel would sit perfectly in the arch - however due to the camber, it is slightly tucked at the front - but it doesn't bother me at all.

I could go 8.5" or 9" wide easily, but I intend to track the car following the addition of some expected parts, and well tyres aren't cheap (semi-slick) so 8 is okay for me at the moment.

[QUOTE=TypeRiter;913026]The fitment is spot on - hopefully the pictures capture the fitment nicely. The quality is as any other authentic CFRP JDM part that I have purchased from Japan. The Mugen items are better prepared - this is a bit raw, and requires a lot of prep work (sanding at the edges etc.)

Kinda, but then Kinda not... I would say it's not a daily driver - but that's not through choice - I walk to work as it's a mile away, when I need to use the car, I use the Civic - I have a Nissan for family stuff though.. So yes and no, if you know what I mean.

Chipping No... but there is a tendency that they could crack.. They are pretty delicate - but I wouldn't say they would snap "just like that". There is a degree of flex in th fibre-reinforced plastic.

[quote]Do you still have your fender liner?

Yes. And all of the holes and retaining clips line up perfectly. You might need to slightly grind out the holes though so that they are wide enough to take the push-rivet clips without damaging the fender. You don't necessarily need to use the clips at the edge of the fender liner/arch - as it's very snug after the ones behind the wheel are fitted. I mean it doesn't hang down/sag or anything like that.

-60mm to -65mm all round.

It's cool B. I wish I knew of someone who could have answered these questions for me when I first bought mine... I had to go through a lot of trail and error - different ride heights, 3 sets of JDM wheels, spacers, no spacers, wheel specs and wheel fitments.. It took me 9-months to get them looking how they are now, and if I'm honest - I may get wider wheels in the future... Nightmare.

In bed with my girl.. I think... maybe it was another girl.. actually.... fck that.. stick to the fenders LOL.

Nice.

My specs are Advan RZ - GTR Face: 17 x 8 + 30 (front) with 5mm spacer & 17 x 8 +35 (back) on 205/40/17. I would have gone 215/40/17 up front - but my tyre store was out. 215/40/17 won't fit on the rear until I roll the fender, as I'm too low.

Ideally I will roll the fender and go 215/40/17.

Yes I'm running decent camber; approx:: -3.6 degrees up front and similar at the back. If I ran less camber, I think my wheel would sit perfectly in the arch - however due to the camber, it is slightly tucked at the front - but it doesn't bother me at all.

I could go 8.5" or 9" wide easily, but I intend to track the car following the addition of some expected parts, and well tyres aren't cheap (semi-slick) so 8 is okay for me at the moment.

Awesome...tnx sir...
    I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that my setup will be ok under the J's fenders
    17x8.5 +45 255/40/17 Azenis 15mm spacers vs DC5R front LCA's (one or the other not both...gonna see which does the job)

-King Solomon

Awesome...tnx sir...
    I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that my setup will be ok under the J's fenders
    17x8.5 +45 255/40/17 Azenis 15mm spacers vs DC5R front LCA's (one or the other not both...gonna see which does the job)
    Sounds like you'll be fine TBH... that tyre is pretty wide, so the spacer might not even be necessary TBH... dial in a bit of camber and I reckon you'll pull it off easily.

I wanna see somebody hella flush these!!p

MadLorEP3: can you post pics of the unfinished J-Racing's fender when you get them in?

Post pics of the outside, inside, and holes?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    MadLorEP3: can you post pics of the unfinished J-Racing's fender when you get them in?

Post pics of the outside, inside, and holes?
    I'll think about it since you called my car "RICE"...lol...
    I'll post pics of these badboys when I get them

-King Solomon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information