Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Closest set up to HFP??

Ok, I am looking to buy the HFP suspension kit. Hopefully someone will part with theres eventually. BUT if not, what is the best option to go with that will provide the similiar drop and ride quality. I have heard great things about the HFP kit. I am aware of the mugen ss but i am trying to avoid spening 1k plus. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Dc5R or Ep3R suspension (I've owned the Dc5R and liked it). It feels a tad stiffer than the HFP setup (little closer to the Ep3 Mugen SS (which I also had) for the Dc5R suspension). Get the JDM or EDM Ep3R suspension if you can find it, if not get the Dc5R suspension.

Other options that I'm not familiar with but should have similar dampening and spring rates.

HFP suspension for the 01-05 Civic EX & LX
    RSX A spec suspension
    RedSiBaron's suspension setup (look up his Members Ride, but when I drove it felt like my old Mugen SS)

Usually these guys have a Dc5R suspension and they MAY have an Ep3R suspension....
    http://www.icbmotorsport.com/usdc5intyrsh.html
    Last edited by MugenReplica; 03-29-2011 at 12:08 PM.

your best (easiest to find) bet is the RSX A-spec kit. exact same idea as the HFP, but for the rsx.

but, i would spend the extra $150ish and get the progress coilovers.

edit: madlor has a set for sale in the classifieds for $700!!! id jump on it if i still had an ep.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...045#post869045

Quote Originally Posted by powdbyrice View Post
    edit: madlor has a set for sale in the classifieds for $700!!! id jump on it if i still had an ep.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...045#post869045
    Good deal on the Progress!! I loved the way TalonXRacers Ep3 felt with it!

dont buy the hfp set for the 01-05 ex
    youll sag in the rear its not made for our heavier ep3 chassis

im in the same position as you

im on stock (2004 si)
    i want something similar to hfp because i really am about to give up on finding an hfp set

aspec requires extra work that...i wouldnt know what shop would do it for me, the last shop said they wouldnt shave the rear dampeners...because they dont want to be liable for damages(im not much of a diy person, i could do it myself but im too busy) so i dunno what to do atm.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...pension-on-ep3
    so i sold that aspec set to my friend with an rsx-s(he paid exactly what i paid for it with shipping and all)
    here is link to order aspec
    http://www.curryacuraparts.com/pro.html

the mugen is the easiest to install and get that will get us our desired drop and ride quality...only problem is... its fkn 1300+shipping

i really want to just get the mugens but its so expensive!!!!!
    can anyone find a deal on those?
    if it were $900-$1050 i could afford it
    Last edited by NEO_FOLLOWER2; 03-29-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2 View Post

I agree! If i could get a reasonable deal i would be all over that. Maybe we should see how many people would potentially be interested and see if we couldn't do a group buy?

Just sayin....

Quote Originally Posted by waypastfast View Post
    I agree! If i could get a reasonable deal i would be all over that. Maybe we should see how many people would potentially be interested and see if we couldn't do a group buy?

Just sayin....
    i'd be down.
    if we chop off $100-$300 id be happy =D

I have to say that the Progress coilovers(typeS spec) provides one of the best rides for a DD, hands down my favorite damper/spring setup. And the price wasnt all that bad.

I have the Progress coilovers, ITR LCA's, ITR front sway, 05' typeS rear sway, extended balljoints, D3 XX and V braces, DSS 2.9 axles on 225/45/17's and she is a taut comfy ride with capabilities.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 03-29-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2 View Post
    dont buy the hfp set for the 01-05 ex
    youll sag in the rear its not made for our heavier ep3 chassis

im in the same position as you

im on stock (2004 si)
    i want something similar to hfp because i really am about to give up on finding an hfp set

aspec requires extra work that...i wouldnt know what shop would do it for me, the last shop said they wouldnt shave the rear dampeners...because they dont want to be liable for damages(im not much of a diy person, i could do it myself but im too busy) so i dunno what to do atm.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...pension-on-ep3
    so i sold that aspec set to my friend with an rsx-s(he paid exactly what i paid for it with shipping and all)
    here is link to order aspec
    http://www.curryacuraparts.com/pro.html

the mugen is the easiest to install and get that will get us our desired drop and ride quality...only problem is... its fkn 1300+shipping

Shaving 3mm off the rear lower bushings and converting your tie rod ends to RSX spec isn't that big of a deal..... I've done it twice and I know multiple members have done it before.

Get the Progress, the Aspec, or the JDM/EDM Ep3 specific. In that order, which ironically is order of cost as well.

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    I have to say that the Progress coilovers(typeS spec) provides one of the best rides for a DD, hands down my favorite damper/spring setup. And the price wasnt all that bad.

I have the Progress coilovers, ITR LCA's, ITR front sway, 05' typeS rear sway, extended balljoints, D3 XX and V braces, DSS 2.9 axles and she is a taut comfy ride with capabilities.
    I wish somebody would make a copy of the D3 XX brace....

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    Shaving 3mm off the rear lower bushings and converting your tie rod ends to RSX spec isn't that big of a deal..... I've done it twice and I know multiple members have done it before.

Get the Progress, the Aspec, or the JDM/EDM Ep3 specific. In that order, which ironically is order of cost as well.
    o rlllyy
    enlighten me on how to shave the rears down easily
    i have the tierods and all that alrdy
    ill just shave them down before i take to the shop and from there on its straight up swapping parts which the shop doesnt mind doing

regardless...if i could score those mugens for 1k flat
    i'd rather have those, but i dont wanna pay 1300

I know this may be a stupid question, but can you press out the bushings out of the EP3 shocks and then put them into the a-spec ones?

I have the Progress coilovers, ITR LCA's, ITR front sway, 05' typeS rear sway, extended balljoints, D3 XX and V braces, DSS 2.9 axles on 225/45/17's and she is a taut comfy ride with capabilities.
    how much of a drop is it?
    i only want 1inch drop

The best part of the Progress coilovers in typeS spec is that for the rear lower mount all that is needed is to NOT install the two washers and they fit perfectly! For the fronts to work properly a set of typeS tierod ends are installed. It cant hurt to do new tierod ends with a new suspension anyways.

The Progress Coilovers have a 1-3.5" drop range.
    Last edited by DJMOORE; 01-12-2009 at 07:15 AM.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

The best part of the Progress coilovers in typeS spec is that for the rear lower mount all that is needed is to NOT install the two washers and they fit perfectly! For the fronts to work properly a set of typeS tierod ends are installed. It cant hurt to do new tierod ends with a new suspension anyways.

The Progress Coilovers have a 1-3.5" drop range.
    i think the springrates are alot higher than what im lookin for tho...
    i'd rather have aspec or mugens or hfp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information