Close

Painting door pulls, handle, and lock

I'm doing the DIY Flat Black Center Console and Radio I'm wondering if anyone has good experience with painting the door pulls lock switch and door handle and how they went about painting and tapiing them of with out pulling a bunch of stuff apart?

pull your door panels off, for the lock switch, theres 2 screws, the handles are held in by 2 small nuts, and the door pulls come off with a poke from the backside of the handle. As for painting them, I painted my entire interior with Duplicolour Trim Paint, its matte black, has a bit of texture to it. Also make sure the parts are cleaned REALLY well. I use actual automotive grease and wax remover, it takes dirt, grease, grime all that stuff off with ease. Clean, wash, air dry, paint in thin layers..you'll be set.

vinyl wrap it lol

Tape everything off clean it w/ rubbing alchole and put three coats and be patience. dont forget the clear coat you dont want peeling

Gonna paint everything black soon and do red inserts:) cant wait

post pics when someone is done with it. need some inspiration so i can get started with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
    I'm doing the DIY Flat Black Center Console and Radio I'm wondering if anyone has good experience with painting the door pulls lock switch and door handle and how they went about painting and tapiing them of with out pulling a bunch of stuff apart?
    taking the door panels off for those pieces you want to paint are very easy and simple to disassemble don't be lazy about it. there's great videos by jpax if you search them up on google. a lot of people have painted their center console and radio black. i recommend landau (sp?) black because it is closest to the color of our dash and the rest of our door panels.

didn't the 02-03 ep3's already come with black window controls? I thought they did.

Window up/down? Mines black

yeah that... the window up/down button.
    Last edited by HondaHillsboro; 01-28-2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Added Payment Information

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    didn't the 02-03 ep3's already come with black window controls? I thought they did.
    there are really tiny differences in the 02-03 and 04-05 interior. im not sure if anyone has noticed but its the window controls and i think its the little knob on the fans all across the dash. in the 02-03 most are black (some have the shiny sticker on it) and the 04-05 is the one with the chrome sticker looking thing

Thread Information