Close

ebrake cable too tight, can't attach

I replaced my rotors and brake pads on the rear and forgot to attach the ebrake cable on one side, remembered exactly 1/2 second after pulling the ebrake a couple times to set it. Now the cable at the caliper is too short, pulled in, and will NOT pull out at all. There is a nut on the end, but it doesnt seem to do anything when turned.

How do I get the cable to release and pull out?

If you take off the plastic ebrake handle cover on in the inside of the car, you should be able to adjust the cable from there
    charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles

Hey j000000stin!!! Suck it, i know how to change my sig. muhahahaha

nope, its loose in there, it wont pull out from the other end, at the caliper. tried prying with a big flathead screwdriver as well, almost broke the screwdriver but the cable did NOT budge. is there a max pull that the cable will not return from?

You don't have to take the cables off to replace the pads or rotors first of all. But in your case i would take the caliper back off and disconnect the bracket that holds the cable and try to put it back on like that. It should give you a little more room to play with. Also there is a certain procedure you need to do when you replace the pads so the E-brake readjusts to its proper settings.
    If you don't already have this download this PDF file of the FSM and it will explain how to do it along with a pad/rotor change. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...man.-for-free!

-Rob

Thread Information