Close

homemade rally mudflaps

hey, i was looking at some universal rally flaps online and realized i could probable make my own for allot cheaper than they where charging. so i gave it a shot. costs 30 bucks in materials (sheet rubber and hardware) and about 4 hours. made them out of cardboard first till i got the shape i liked then traced it onto the rubber. used a hole punch to make the mounting holes and some stainless steel hardware. the pics are kinda small so its a little hard to see but leme know what you think!, im still kinda undecided on them.

here are the mounting points.
    front-

rear- (there is one more mount further behind the wheel you cant see)

Not really in to them.... Do you off road a lot?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

nope never, lol. just tryin somthin new

O... To each there own then. Lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I like them.

Make me a set lol, I'll send you 60 bucks.

But no, seriously.

You should leave material here where I circled, it will look cleaner:

Last edited by USAF EP3; 04-03-2011 at 04:05 PM.

yea i know... on the first one i made i rounded i out nicely, then on the second one i was not thinking and cut it square. then i was like crap i cant have one rounded and one square so i made them both square. but normally when the wheels strait you cant see it as much, i just have the wheel turned in for the pic.

thanks for the input. if you really want, i could totally make you a set for 60. i still have the templets i made so id just have to go buy the material.

Quote Originally Posted by jri93 View Post
    yea i know... on the first one i made i rounded i out nicely, then on the second one i was not thinking and cut it square. then i was like crap i cant have one rounded and one square so i made them both square. but normally when the wheels strait you cant see it as much, i just have the wheel turned in for the pic.

thanks for the input. if you really want, i could totally make you a set for 60. i still have the templets i made so id just have to go buy the material.
    Hell yea man! I would love a set.

Also, the reason why I said to leave material there is because I don't have the wheel well guard so that spot is open to the backside of the sideskirt. If there was more material there it would help gaurd against debris from collecting and I would have to clean it out less often.

cool, ill try and get them done this week. ill add material like you pointed out as well.

Bringing this shit back from the dead LOL. I never posted my pics of them installed. Also, I got other people interested in the look and were asking me where I got them, so I gotta give credit where it's due.

If the OP doesnt respond within a week I will go to another seller since my buddy is buying them for me

hmmm...if people are interested, then why not trace a oem mudlap. This reminds me of the mudflap option in the ps2 game kaido battle. Black, red, blue, yellow, etc. Those rubber are good for non-automotive gaskets too.

Oem mudflaps are too small imo

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    Bringing this shit back from the dead LOL. I never posted my pics of them installed. Also, I got other people interested in the look and were asking me where I got them, so I gotta give credit where it's due.

Awsome man! I havnt been on the board much lately so i didint see this to quick but im glad you finally got around to posting pics! I always wondered if you ever got them installed. Hope your happy with them. Im making HYU a set next. I might have to go into mass production. haha jk

I should really fit my rear flap. Flaps on flaps yo!

These are good though!

Unlike the rallyarmor ones these don't flap in the wind like semi trucks. Kevin's were pretty stiff (no homo)

Thread Information